Don't you just hate it when....

Oh dear, I'm afraid if she were mine she'd find all her stuff gone when she got home, all stored in the loft, with a reminder that this is my house and must be kept tidy!!! Honestly hun letting this go at age six and it will be unbearable at 16!

Me too, I didn't let my daughter get away with anything.

Good luck.

I think when you aren't stressed you could maybe have a chat, tell him you know he needs some chill out time when he gets home so you will keep him child free for one hour, if he will read with son and put the kids to bed. One hour each each!
We have talked but he is stressed out with work at mo and is shattered when gets home, trouble is so am I its just my hours are slightly less than his, well at work anyway but when I get in I still have stuff to do. He does do some stuff and I appreciate he is stressed/busy but he just needs to do that little bit more to help me cope :sigh:

We have talked but he is stressed out with work at mo and is shattered when gets home, trouble is so am I its just my hours are slightly less than his, well at work anyway but when I get in I still have stuff to do. He does do some stuff and I appreciate he is stressed/busy but he just needs to do that little bit more to help me cope :sigh:

This sounds so familiar to me, and I'm sure to women everywhere. I find it's not just the 'doing' it's the planning of everything...is there time to put washing in, is there time to hang washing out, what's for dinner, what are we running short of that I need to pick up, etc. I think the bottom line is that women can multi-task (thank God!) and men can't and I don't see that changing any time soon.

when writers of language books contradict themselves all the time and don't explain WHY!?

I won't let my boyfriend anywhere near the washing machine, I'm OCD about it.

That's the only thing I'm like it with though, I don't mind him washing up, cooking or cleaning ect... I have a friend who won't let her boyfriend wash up because he doesn't do it properly...mine used to do that, but he soon got fed up of me telling him to do it all again ;)

Whoa whoa whoa! I can multi task! I can breathe and blink and type...... all at the same time! Seriously though, it doesn't take much to put the washing machine on, he needs to start pulling his weight!

Oh bless you - I'm going to print this off and shove it up his nose!!

Oh dear, I'm afraid if she were mine she'd find all her stuff gone when she got home, all stored in the loft, with a reminder that this is my house and must be kept tidy!!! Honestly hun letting this go at age six and it will be unbearable at 16!

Me too, I didn't let my daughter get away with anything.

Good luck.

The bedroom is now gleaming!!! I kind of compromised by tidying it I suppose, but in my defense there are now 2 bin liners full of rubbish that I need to get rid of before I pick her up from school......not that I'm scared of her or anything :eek:

M Louise H said:
The bedroom is now gleaming!!! I kind of compromised by tidying it I suppose, but in my defense there are now 2 bin liners full of rubbish that I need to get rid of before I pick her up from school......not that I'm scared of her or anything :eek:

I hope you've confiscated some good stuff as punishment for her cheek! Or should I say, as a reward for keeping her bedroom tidy she may have one item back a day as long as its tidy, one days untidiness means two items lost!!

I was a MEAN mummy, well I still am lol!

I hope you've confiscated some good stuff as punishment for her cheek! Or should I say, as a reward for keeping her bedroom tidy she may have one item back a day as long as its tidy, one days untidiness means two items lost!!

I was a MEAN mummy, well I still am lol!

You are always the voice of reason Shirleen - when I grow up I want to be just like you ;)

DYJHIW.... it rains on your washing that you pegged out ten mins ago because it was flippin sunny then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DYJHIW you get to a new project to do a shadow shift, at a prearranged time, to find there's no one in :( got so much other stuff I could have been doing this afternoon aswell! Instead I'm sat in my car waiting for the office to call me back, to find out what to do next!!! :(

DYJHIW it's your weigh in evening and could eat a scabby horse!!

*Emsie* said:
DYJHIW your hubby doesn't want to do feck all because hes had a hard day at work but theres a house to run and kids to look after etc etc and you feel guilty for sitting down to minimins for 20 mins because son is asking you to read with him but after work and cooking and tidying and zumba_ing etc you are in need of a sit down and wish hubby would have just read with son for 10 beeping minutes! :cry:

Oh yes...run ragged is the expression to suit me most nights x

This sounds so familiar to me, and I'm sure to women everywhere. I find it's not just the 'doing' it's the planning of everything...is there time to put washing in, is there time to hang washing out, what's for dinner, what are we running short of that I need to pick up, etc. I think the bottom line is that women can multi-task (thank God!) and men can't and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Yeah I get in from work and see all the things that need doing hubby gets in and sees the tv! ;)

Whoa whoa whoa! I can multi task! I can breathe and blink and type...... all at the same time! Seriously though, it doesn't take much to put the washing machine on, he needs to start pulling his weight!

I won't let my boyfriend anywhere near the washing machine, I'm OCD about it.

That's the only thing I'm like it with though, I don't mind him washing up, cooking or cleaning ect... I have a friend who won't let her boyfriend wash up because he doesn't do it properly...mine used to do that, but he soon got fed up of me telling him to do it all again ;)
The washing is one thing I prefer not to have others do but all the other stuff is fine! I am being a tad hard on himas he does do more than a lot of men but 1 or 2 things more an evening would be nice!

Oh yes...run ragged is the expression to suit me most nights x
Its crazy isn't it that there is so much to do!

Arctic-BNG said:

And the man speaks sense!! My thoughts exactly! :)

Back