Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW you are trying to read through some posts and are stumped due to the amount of 'txt spk' being used!! It's so hard to decipher what people are trying to say! Is it also not one of the forum rules??? Grrrr

Bugs me too, so I just move on and don't read them. It's hard enough ploughing through post with no punctuation, so Im not frying my brain to decipher text speak

DYJHIW you usually get your asda delivery early in your slot, but the one time he has something you are waiting for he is late!

i agree, i'm not the greatest at spelling or how to set out sentances but i would never resort to txt talk.. i don't do it when i text people, i don't understand it ..( but i do use lol, lmao and j/k in stuff and smiley faces ;) :) :D :p to make a emotional point )

When your daughter spend 20 minutes telling you who fancies who, whose girlfriend/boyfriends with who & how her best mate cried today at school coz her boyfriend is now going out with someone else...

Not a massive issue apart from the fact my daughter is 6 YEARS OLD, I suddenly feel very old :( thought I have another few years before I had to worry about this crap!

Arctic-BNG said:
And I thought having a 17yr old daughter was bad enough! At least yours is still talking to you about that stuff?

Awww bless, she won't tell me owt about her just about everyone else! What happened to boys been yukky :( no offence lol x

parfittaroles said:
What happened?

She thought at first I was off sick for 3 months which on a way was good because when she realised it was only night shifts she was kind of releved lol x x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
She thought at first I was off sick for 3 months which on a way was good because when she realised it was only night shifts she was kind of releved lol x x x

Ahh that's not so bad then! They have an obligation to keep you safe, so sod them! Baby is more important :) xx

DYJHIW the two people you have to work with for a 12 hour shift make your skin crawl!! Well 19 mins down, 11 hours 41mins too long left to go

parfittaroles said:
Ahh that's not so bad then! They have an obligation to keep you safe, so sod them! Baby is more important :) xx

Exactly :D I feel so much more relaxed knowing I don't have to do night shifts alone anymore!

X x x

Dyjhiw.... You do your utmost to care for a patient who speaks poor English, trying to decipher everything they say to you, speak to their family when they come in to make sure she is being understood and then checking with them that she understands when told to stand, stop, go, yes no etc. Patient is incomplient with transfer technique and you strain your back trying to prevent them falling on the floor. The worst thing is the family now want to complain as I have refused to transfer her in that way, to prevent further damage to my back, but have ensured them that there are a minimum of three other staff members on duty who can assist with same, or we could revert to using a hoist....

Aagh pulling my hair out after a 14 hour shift with a sore back, and now have to do it all again tomorrow!

Noooo I love that. I've been known to leave mine set on days off after early shift just for the pleasure of turning it off and going back to sleep

Same here. That's one of the best feelings in the world! :D

DYJHIW you feel really alone x

Back