Don't you just hate it when....

Sounds all pretty horrid have you been to your gp?

If anyone has any advice for dealing with Achilles tendonitis or getting rid of deep-set splinters in the ball of your foot, I'd be seriously grateful!

My son had Achilles tendonitis & it was very painful, sorry I can't offer any help with this we didn't find anything which helped. Do you have crutches to help you walk?

DYJHIW, flippin menopause hormones have been playing up & I've been moody with OH all weekend & only now have I begun to get back to normal:(

DYJHIW you have an IBS flare up? Was so ill and in pain last night! :( feel shaky today but work calls.

miss_miffi said:
DYJHIW - you finally get into a solid exercise routine and then injure yourself - I have been doing Couch to 5k for 8 weeks trying to get myself into shape before going on holiday for 6 weeks (running every day is hopefully going to be my first line of defence against gaining back all the weight I've lost in the last 4 months) and with 1 week to go before hols I have now managed to injure not one but both of my feet!

If anyone has any advice for dealing with Achilles tendonitis or getting rid of deep-set splinters in the ball of your foot, I'd be seriously grateful!

Firstly are you sure they're splinters and not verrucas?

When you get in the car driving to work and you realise that a) your tummy is still bad (diarrhoea gurgling) and b) you also want to be sick and have to pull over?

Back home and in bed now :(

Shirleen said:
When you get in the car driving to work and you realise that a) your tummy is still bad (diarrhoea gurgling) and b) you also want to be sick and have to pull over?

Hope you feel better soon!!

Happy Holidays said:
Awwwww hope you start to feel better soon.

Wishing you better Shirleen. As the sort of optimist that I am I would be thinking of the great weight loss your going to have this week though :)

Shirleen said:

Poor you honey! I can absolutely share this thought and feeling today! Supposed to drive home today from my bfs which is 3 hours but your comments made me think that's not a good idea...I haven't been able to leave his accommodation yet :/ think that'll be a tomorrow journey instead! Are there bugs going round?

Oh gosh no sorry no advice just wanted to say I hope someone can help and I hope you recover soon x

Buy some magnesium sulphate (drawing ointment) from chemist for the splinters it should bring them closer to surface making it easier to get them out.

My son had Achilles tendonitis & it was very painful, sorry I can't offer any help with this we didn't find anything which helped. Do you have crutches to help you walk?

Thanks for the kind words, I am feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself with both feet messed up. And we're in the middle of a huge week-long project at school, so no chance of sitting and resting. I'll be running around all day again - I guess that's a kind of Body Magic?! I managed to find some magnesium sulphate thanks Breeza so hopefully that'll bring it out and I can get some relief in one foot at least.

Firstly are you sure they're splinters and not verrucas?
Yeah I broke a glass a few days ago and felt them go in, thought I had gotten them all out but I can feel a little bit still in there - problem is, I can't locate where it went in and don't want to probe it too much in case it breaks or goes in deeper.

Happy Holidays and Shirleen I hope you both feel better soon!

DYJHIW you think you're doing the right thing picking up an ice-cream that had 0% on the wrapper but, after already eating it, look it up and see it had 9.5 syns. Now need to work it off with some Body Magic.

DYJHIW after weeks of anticipation about going to find something nice to wear for wedding/fiftieth birthday, you finally go out, it chucks it down with rain for most of the time you are out, you feel horribly unwell, and the only available fashion choices in the line of dresses available anywhere, seem to be those in the style of Desperate Scousewives, which are all very nice and that but not really appropriate for a 38 year old woman with bingo wings.
On my way home, soaked through, in pain, sulking and generally at odds with the world. *grumpy face*.

DYJHIW after weeks of anticipation about going to find something nice to wear for wedding/fiftieth birthday, you finally go out, it chucks it down with rain for most of the time you are out, you feel horribly unwell, and the only available fashion choices in the line of dresses available anywhere, seem to be those in the style of Desperate Scousewives, which are all very nice and that but not really appropriate for a 38 year old woman with bingo wings.
On my way home, soaked through, in pain, sulking and generally at odds with the world. *grumpy face*.
Sorry to hear that, I too am finding this seasons clothes are not at all good for those of us with bingo wings as they seem to emphasize them not just show them off!

DYJHIW (on a roll today) your medicine phobic five year old with as yet unspecified but my money is on Aspergers social communication problems has earache...

MadameLaMinx said:
DYJHIW (on a roll today) your medicine phobic five year old with as yet unspecified but my money is on Aspergers social communication problems has earache...

I used to look after a medicine phobic Autistic man, he didn't mind them with jelly babies wrapped around them! I used to feel like some sort of serial killer disembowelling jelly babies and inserting paracetamol!

Back