Don't you just hate it when....

You reach the age where your eyes won't focus close up whilst wearing glasses and have to keep taking then off, which means you can no longer crochet read and watch tv at the same time?

Shirleen said:
You reach the age where your eyes won't focus close up whilst wearing glasses and have to keep taking then off, which means you can no longer crochet read and watch tv at the same time?

Varifocals???? Should have gone to specsavers!!!! ;) sorry I couldn't resist :D

Shirleen said:

YES it is driving me potty!! You know what age we have reached don't you Shirleen? ......... Varifocals! Eeek

mrstaylor said:
YES it is driving me potty!! You know what age we have reached don't you Shirleen? ......... Varifocals! Eeek

Optician says I'm too early to wear varifocals but it will be soon! I might get some +1s to wear on the end of my nose!
He says if I wear contacts I'll need +1s anyway!

Shirleen said:

You need longer arms ;o)

I actually need the varifocal bit of my lens to be glass as I can read perfectly without.

This has been happening to me for a while, I now wear, one reader contact lens & one distance contact lens, apparently it works as your brain sorts it all out, good thing that brain:D But if I'm having a day not wearing lenses it's really annoying I have to keep taking my glasses off.

This has been happening to me for a while, I now wear, one reader contact lens & one distance contact lens, apparently it works as your brain sorts it all out, good thing that brain:D But if I'm having a day not wearing lenses it's really annoying I have to keep taking my glasses off.

I tried that but I believe she actually got my prescription wrong in the first place! I had double vision yet I could count every lef on every flipping tree for a mile! I have been retested and will try contacts again.

DYJHIW its payday and due to all the extra shifts you worked you are expecting a nice tidy wage packet-but the numpties in the office don't appear to be able to do their job properly and can't even pay you correctly and now I'm over £200 short :( am not a happy Jojo

Welshtigger said:
DYJHIW its payday and due to all the extra shifts you worked you are expecting a nice tidy wage packet-but the numpties in the office don't appear to be able to do their job properly and can't even pay you correctly and now I'm over £200 short :( am not a happy Jojo

Oh -tell them you can't wait and you either need a subsequent payment into your bank account now or to get the bloody petty cash tin out!

Birdmummy said:
Oh -tell them you can't wait and you either need a subsequent payment into your bank account now or to get the bloody petty cash tin out!

Sadly we don't have a petty cash tin! But as soon as my wage slip arrives in the post this morning, I will be phoning to tell them to sort it! I really need the extra money-as have to travel to London for training for my new job next week-and they don't pay travel, we claim it back!!

Dyjhiw you have to go somewhere new to work for the day and won't find out what you're meant to teach until 20 mins before the kids arrive! Ahh I haven't subbed since December!

I did used to kind of like that though - you don't get a chance to properly worry about anything as you don't know what you're supposed to be worrying about. Hope it's a good day!

Lucky7 said:
I did used to kind of like that though - you don't get a chance to properly worry about anything as you don't know what you're supposed to be worrying about. Hope it's a good day!

Yeah tell them the 2nd world war was caused by Chairman Mao.
That apostrophes have been banned, and that Greenland is in Ireland, them go home laughing xxxx

Shirleen said:
Yeah tell them the 2nd world war was caused by Chairman Mao.
That apostrophes have been banned, and that Greenland is in Ireland, them go home laughing xxxx

Good idea lol x

DYJHIW its your birthday & you just want to chill but:

1) Virgin media internet connection problem & can't connect to internet & little one driving me nuts as wants on the computer.

2) Can't do my online shop

3) my mum can't Skype me :-(

4) My son is being a right pain in the bottom

5) It's raining & stormy so can't take kids out.

6) Got period & its making me tired & grumpy & I just want to go back to bed.

Should've stayed in bed, would've if I didn't need to get up with kids.

Back