Don't you just hate it when....

When you have a medical form to fill in discussing how your child behaved when he was 3! He's now nearly 9! I am terrified of saying yes or no then him not getting a proper diagnosis :( its taken over 7 years to get referral in first place...

Also when it's your little un's birthday Sunday & you have to have a tea party for both sets of grandparents at different times (1 lunchtime & 1 tea time) in day coz they don't get on! Then the yummy party food will be available all day! Just hope my willpower holds up!!

mrstore said:
Have you had the phone call yet?? Hope you're ok *hugs*

Yeah, it's my father in law who's not well. Diagnosis is 'mass on the larynx' and he has to go up to Athens on Friday. Not sure if it's for treatment or more tests. He chain smokes so you can imagine what my fears are!

M Louise H said:
Yeah, it's my father in law who's not well. Diagnosis is 'mass on the larynx' and he has to go up to Athens on Friday. Not sure if it's for treatment or more tests. He chain smokes so you can imagine what my fears are!

What a worry, hope for you all it is good news and if the worst happens I hope they will find it highly treatable xxx

Dyjhiw...you've been up from 5am trying not to scratch the spots that you've broken out in! I don't know what they are buy they're driving me mad :(

cupcake86 said:
Dyjhiw...you've been up from 5am trying not to scratch the spots that you've broken out in! I don't know what they are buy they're driving me mad :(

If you have a dog or cat could it be fleas? Our dog came back from doggy sitter with them and whilst she has been treated with frontline so is fine, we weren't so my son and I got covered in horrid itchy red spots. Hopefully all gone now. Yuck!

mrstore said:
Chicken pox???

Happy Holidays said:
That was my thought & then I saw your post:D

I had a really bad case of chicken pox when I was 20 -dr said it was the worst case he had seen! I was ill & quarantined for 3 weeks.
These came up as flat red blotches but by next day became hard red lumps (not blisters). They are incredibly itchy & I feel tired, queasy & generally run down.
I've got them on my forearms, my face (one right under my eye) & a few round my neck, shoulders, chest & back.
I just wish they'd go away, especially the one under my eye & the one on the edge of my lip.
Hope they aren't contagious! So far the kids have none.

peacelily said:
If you have a dog or cat could it be fleas? Our dog came back from doggy sitter with them and whilst she has been treated with frontline so is fine, we weren't so my son and I got covered in horrid itchy red spots. Hopefully all gone now. Yuck!

Nope, no pets & I haven't been out much or in contact with people as I've had a bad ibs flare up since Feb.

Oh dear sounds like you're having a rough time. If your immune system is low it could be chicken pox. I got them aged 20 after severe dieting (the apples only kind of thing) and they were horrid. Hope you feel better soon. :)

When they first appeared & now that they have swollen...any ideas?

ForumRunner_20120901_103918.png

ForumRunner_20120901_103937.png

They aren't water filled blisters like when I had chicken pox before.

jezzi999 said:
I'd suggest going to your local pharmacy and asking to speak to the pharmacist. They're very good with skin stuff they see it all the time and know what's going round in the local area.

Ok thanks xo

hendopig said:
Could it be shingles?

Doesn't that go down your spine? Oh I dunno, don't want to google cause it always tells me to phone 999 no matter what my symptoms are.

mrstore said:
If it were me I'd pop to the pharmacist or make an appointment with the out of hours surgery. Let us know how you get on

I'm gona put my head down for a bit then I'll phone out of hours doc.

Thanks all xo

It looks and sounds like an allergic reaction. No harm will be done in taking some anti histamine xxx

Definitely not shingles as usually that's in a localised area, not down your spine. It's caused by the chicken pox remaining in your nerve endings and is reactivated for some reason stress/lowered immune system etc. it reacts very simulate to the cold sore virus.

Consensus seems to be chickenpox again! I already take antihistamine for my hayfever so pharmacist sold calamine for the itch.
There are some on my eyes so I may need to go to doctor.

DYJHI when, someone who's cupsize is way less than yours gets a reduction on the NHS and you are told ' Get your BMI down to below 25 and we might consider it!! FFS do we have to expose our bodies on tv to get anything sorted!! To say I'm well peed off is an understatement!!

Back