Don't you just hate it when....

Happy Holidays said:
I've been trying to learn crochet for so many years & finally came across a new 'learn to crochet' mag & it's brill. I'm just on squares at the mo, but can't wait to make lots of lovely things once I've learnt more stiches & how to shape:D

I've just finished a throw for my lounge, and am over a third way through another slightly different one. But have taken a break to make slippers!

Jenna88 said:
Oh dear God, I feel for you. Whilst I was pouring my shreddies this morning my mum said 'is there milk?' I swear my wee heart stopped dead until I checked the fridge. Nothing more frustrating!

Its a horrible feeling isn't it?! The thought of no coffee or cereal in the morning - nightmare!

Dyjhiw you have to go out for milk but the pain in your side is just too painful to contemplate it yet!
Oh, and you have to clean as your home is being valued today but again - it's too painful!

RScothern said:
Dyjhiw your little boy is poorly and you are convinced he is suffering from migraines but everyone keeps saying he is too young for migraines. :(

How old is he?

As my daughter was 2 and 1/2 when our gp diagnosed migraines, it runs in our family tho it only seems to affect the females.

RScothern said:
Dyjhiw your little boy is poorly and you are convinced he is suffering from migraines but everyone keeps saying he is too young for migraines. :(

My brother was 7 when he was diagnosed. That was 33 years ago and not sure if thinking has changed but I can still remember him wailing and being sick because he was in so much pain. It was so distressing. We are a very headachey family too and he has classic triggers like citrus, cheese and chocolate which he steers clear of. Might be worth treating it as such and trying trying all the usual stuff with your little one even if they won't diagnose it as migraine so eliminate the classic triggers from his diet and see if it makes a difference. If he is old enough to describe the pain, get a teddy and without prompting, you could ask him if teddy had the same pain where would it be on his body. It can be difficult to get accurate descriptions in young children but a gp should have some way of talking to children about their pain. Usually it's the newly qualified doctors who have some good ideas compared to older ones. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

DYYJHIW your so nervous you can't function properly just made an egg custard but forgot to put the yogurt in so its actually just baked egg with nutmeg.... fingers crossed it will still taste okay :/

I've just finished a throw for my lounge, and am over a third way through another slightly different one. But have taken a break to make slippers!

Oh slippers sound nice, can we see a piccie when you've finished them. I can't wait to be much better than I am & then I can make so many lovely things.

My daughter was 9 when she was diagnosed with migraines, but looking from your avatar, your little one looks a lot younger. Have you tried keeping a food diary for him to see if there are any 'triggers' & see if it is migraine. I use to give my daughter a petit filous everyday for lunch not knowing it was those which contributed to her migraine.

RScothern said:

Lots children get migraines, but they manifest as tummy pain. My don gets migraines and has done since he was seven xxxx

Shirleen said:
Lots children get migraines, but they manifest as tummy pain. My don gets migraines and has done since he was seven xxxx

I was diagnosed with childhood migraine, which was only tummy pain, GP said I would suffer later in life - I had my 1st (thankfully only one) last September, which lasted for nearly 3 months :-( at the age of 42
I was self medicating with over the counter headache tablets...the consultant made me go cold turkey for 3 weeks, I was fine with proper meds in 2 days
It was on the news a little while ago that consistent use of over the counter stuff actually makes it worse (as I found out )

Thanks for your replies x my little boy is almost 7 and had an eye test a few weeks ago and all was fine. Going to see a different gp for a second opinion asi suffer migraines and am convinced he is the same x x

....when you ask what's wrong with one of the other dogs in the waiting room at the animal hospital and really wish you hadn't :(

oh dear :( was he going to doggy heaven? :( xxxx

Yes :( she had advanced cancer and only had a few months left, she was there for chemotherapy :( poor thing, she was beautiful!!!
oh no :( i didnt even know they did chemo for dogs thats pretty amazing, poor little babes xxxx

DYJHIW you have a job which requires you to think about what you have to wear each day. I want a uniform!

Dyjhiw you have your own Slimming World version of bi polar or so it seems-one minute I'm like Mary Poppins on speed thinking how great everything is, the next I want to crack up because everything is going to slowly.

Dyjhiw your legs are beyond painful because of the gym ...no pain no gain.

And my most major dyjhiw of the night you're about 3 seconds from ripping your sisters face off.

Last edited:
dyjhiw youve spent money you really shouldnt have because youve found the new tigi bead head range "candy fixations" whilst buying the bed head shone spray so you now have the lemon meruinge totally baked, the sugar glaze hair shine and the mega whipped marshamallow texturizer along with what you wanted in the first place...somebody slap me!! xxxxxx

Back