Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW you really need the heating on but the pressures gone on the boiler, and being in a new house with new boiler (well been here a yr in July) we can't figure out how to top the pressure up :( Freezing

Thank for making me feel better guys :) its really blurry on my phone :(
I do love the place but our baby is due in March so we need more bedrooms!
Ye, houses are much cheaper here but we're moving closer to Cardiff so the oh is nearer to work. But If you think it's cheap here you should look at the prices in Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent - you can get a three bed house with parking for less than 50k !

Last edited:
jezzi999 said:
We live on the very edges of London/start of Essex, and our landlady in our last flat asked us to move out as she was selling up. Her one bedroom groundfloor flat with small garden went for £180,000.

(makes me feel a bit sick as we are trying to save for a deposit and it just seems impossible. We can't move much further out as neither of us can drive - and that's unlikely to change)

Crikey!!! It's so expensive. It's no wonder so many people can't get on the housing ladder. I guess I'm fortunate we live here. Although admittedly our wages are rubbish!

If its any consolation, we do have to pay a service charge of £1800 a year for the pleasure of living here. It's suppose to be for cleaning & lighting the landing. Extortionate. It was £400 when I bought the place three years ago but they keep raising it :(

parfittaroles said:
Thank for making me feel better guys :) its really blurry on my phone :(
I do love the place but our baby is due in March so we need more bedrooms!
Ye, houses are much cheaper here but we're moving closer to Cardiff so the oh is nearer to work. But If you think it's cheap here tho you should look at the prices in Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent - you can get a three bed house with parking for less than 50k !

Wow can't believe that, we will need just shy of that for a deposit! I prob would look places like that but I don't think I could even have a bash at pronouncing them :/ haha!
We are in west Sussex, about 20mins from Gatwick and almost exactly halfway between Brighton and London. So bloody expensive though, not sure why my family generations back decided to settle here from London, it cant have been much cheaper than London even all those years ago!

DYJHIW that twisted ankle from a couple of weeks ago is still bl**dy painful, and turns out to be a torn ligament! No running for a couple of months, there goes my 10k run in a couple of weeks and the half marathon I've been training for :(

Oh, and no high heels, which I live in. Salt in the wound, that one!

Dyjhiw you are sharing a room with friends and have got really bad wind! :eek:
Just blow them away while they're sleeping lol!

DYJHIW you are definitely in the midst of a weight loss plateau. Those damn scales of mine are set for either a sts or gain tomorrow. I may pull my hair out.

Dyjh that because of this plateau you're going to have to start mixing things up...which you've been trying to do but now you're going to have to start changing breakfast too :( Bye bye Shreddies :(

Last edited:
ScarlettStar86 said:
Wow can't believe that, we will need just shy of that for a deposit! I prob would look places like that but I don't think I could even have a bash at pronouncing them :/ haha!
We are in west Sussex, about 20mins from Gatwick and almost exactly halfway between Brighton and London. So bloody expensive though, not sure why my family generations back decided to settle here from London, it cant have been much cheaper than London even all those years ago!

Omg me too! Where do u live? I'm in burgess hill x

Crikey that's some expensive property! Up here in Leeds just outside the city centre, you can get a 2/3 bed semi with a garden for around 80k-100k!

Malc-D said:
my cousins used to live in haywards heath :p
i used to live in withyham near edenbridge

Small world! I love it when I hear local stuff on here. The Heath is a good place to live but.... No carvery or farmers market (these are things I wish for frequently). This used to be a huge market town but the market was replaced with a big sainsburys.

Oh and we used to have an ace carvery until how they ran it was exposed on Gordon's kitchen nightmares

hendopig said:
Small world! I love it when I hear local stuff on here. The Heath is a good place to live but.... No carvery or farmers market (these are things I wish for frequently). This used to be a huge market town but the market was replaced with a big sainsburys.

Oh and we used to have an ace carvery until how they ran it was exposed on Gordon's kitchen nightmares

The Priory? Yep, that was totally ace!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back