Don't you just hate it when....

hendopig said:
DYJHIW no one wants to mention the cancer word at home but it seems to be on every poster, TV channel, radio, someone's relative has it, the SW mag has a sad story on it (same type as your dads unfortunately) It's just everywhere when you're trying to hide from it.

Sorry for the miserable-ness :-( dad was diagnosed with multiple cancers in April and its now November and he's still alive albeit in lots of pain and seeing the lady's husband was gone in 7 months (when it has spread to less places) scares the sh*t out of me.

*slaps self to get a grip*

Hunny, cherish each day and may God bless you and yours xxx

DYJHIW no one wants to mention the cancer word at home but it seems to be on every poster, TV channel, radio, someone's relative has it, the SW mag has a sad story on it (same type as your dads unfortunately) It's just everywhere when you're trying to hide from it.

Sorry for the miserable-ness :-( dad was diagnosed with multiple cancers in April and its now November and he's still alive albeit in lots of pain and seeing the lady's husband was gone in 7 months (when it has spread to less places) scares the sh*t out of me.

:bighug:

jezzi999 said:
Well after being gone for several days, hours of me shouting, checking gutters and shaking treats, my husband popped out the garden when he got home at midnight, called once and the cat came. They'll be shut in for a week now to be on the safe side.

Good news!!!
Our cat turned up nine months after disappearing with a belly full of kittens, naughty minx!

Well after being gone for several days, hours of me shouting, checking gutters and shaking treats, my husband popped out the garden when he got home at midnight, called once and the cat came. They'll be shut in for a week now to be on the safe side.

Glad he/she came back.

DYJHIW its not the weekend :p

hendopig said:

So sorry to hear about your Dad & I really don't think it's necessary to slap yourself to get a grip.....I think it's perfectly acceptable to lose your grip, I know I would if it were me. It would scare the sh*t out of me too.

Also I find it easier to talk about things on forums like this, something about the anonymity & the fact you can say exactly how you feel without any repercussions or accidentally hurting the people you love.

DYJHIW people are suffering. I came here today to complain about being tired and having a shed load of stuff to do and then read the last few pages. Now I am grateful that I don't have anything more serious to complain about. So much love and strength being sent to y'all xx

Dyjhiw you don't know why you feel the way you do...

You need to figure out why lovely and make some changes. Seems like works a big issue for you and of course those bloody scales! Maybe it feels worse this week because part of you is worrying because you had a meal out the weekend (but you are entitled to have a meal off plan!) and then starting the temp position so its all a bit much.

Try writing down the stuff thats bothering you and the things that can change make plans to do it and then try and not worry about the things that are out of your control for the minute?

hendopig said:

No need for slaps. Just hugs. X

jezzi999 said:

Yay! Glad he's back. Look out for some little cats looking very much like him and strutting their stuff! What a lad!

DUJHIW your friend from America sends you a package but sends you some additiona items- in the form of a box of Lucky Charm Cereal, Twinkies and a large Jiffy bag full of American sweeties! (Reeses choc peanut butter cupcakes, crunch bars, butterfinger bars, wonka sweets and mary jane peanut butter kisses) Soo thoughtful but oh so tempting! Lucky they're all small sized ones so hopefully I can find the info somewhere and syn them ;)

Last edited:
DYJHIW.... you're in the last 15 minutes at work before you leave for the 45 minute bus to your dentist appointment where there will be drilling and filling and things. Nervous tummy and a half

DYJHIW You spend 50 minutes on the bus to your dentist and get there to find te receptionist didn't book you in properly, she put you on the book of the wrong dentist so booked your slot with your dentist up. (other dentist doesnt work that day) You're told you can wait but they can't guarantee you'll get seen as she's running an hour or so behind and there's 4 people ahead of you. You try very hard not to cry, and rebook for Thursday at the same time knowing your boss will be p1ssed you're having another appointment and taking time off.

Then DYJHIW you're waiting at the bus stop home, trying not to cry and there's a mother swearing at her two young children for drawing her attention away from her phone, and her youngest in the pram starts repeating 'F**k off' constantly, so you can tell it's not the first time. And a screaming child sits next to you on the bus, and the next 60 minutes get you more and more stressed.

DYJHIW something you have eaten or touched is making your face itch so much that you want to scratch it off. Just had to go to chemists for antihistamines and cream. Hope this goes soon.

When your hubby slices through his thumb....bone and artery and now needs an operation and overnight stay!

Back