Don't you just hate it when....

...your newly purchased (pre-owned) dyson smells of dog! Cleans the carpets wonderfully but now having to air out the house... :/

ive got pets but doesnt smell :/

Try washing the round filters an leave to dry for like 24h. i was mine atleast twice a month, might help ? x

That's my next plan - desperately needed to hoover today as been without a hoover for a week but now its done the filter is getting a good wash before I hoover again. Have washed the plastic bin and given it all good wipe over too.

I have no idea what the previous owners were doing - we have two cats and have never had a stinky vacuum cleaner issue! I'm hopeful that once I've run it for a bit the smell will clear off. Really annoying because other than the smell it's brilliant!

Staying on the subject of stinky vacuums DYJHIW you change the bag only to vac up a millipede and an alien bug thing, which both stink out the new bag and filter.

And DYJHIW you change around youd DD's bedroom to put in a desk and it now looks like a teenager's room rather than a 7 year old's - where did my baby girl go??!!

You have a migraine that has lasted since 1 am and you're working all day.
And when you get to work and no one has got any shopping so you have to take him to Tesco on a Saturday!

But don't you just LOVE it when he's brilliant whilst shopping, even picking things up from shelves because he has truly grown in confidence and you know without being conceited that a lot of that is down to you?

DYJHIW - you go food shopping, hubby says he will come with you to help ... and all he does is MOAN arghhhhh, can we hurry up I wanna be back for the match, can we hurry up and get out of here people are getting on my nerves, why do idiots come shopping, why do they let people out on a saturday - I ended up telling him to shut the fk up and stop being such a twisty old fart (hes 50 a week on Monday) lol I think he hates me reminding him

Welshtigger said:
DYJHIW you have another day where nothing you do is right and you spend most of the day in tears-with no one to turn to :(

Sometimes we all have days like this......sorry you had no one to turn to tho, hope things are better for you tom xxx

DYJHIW you end up cancelling a meal out that you weren't really wanting to go to anyway with friends because the menu is set rigid and is the least SW friendly food imaginable and then you end up feeling guilty at blowing your pals out, but just want to do your best to protect all your hard work!

Money-penny said:
DYJHIW you end up cancelling a meal out that you weren't really wanting to go to anyway with friends because the menu is set rigid and is the least SW friendly food imaginable and then you end up feeling guilty at blowing your pals out, but just want to do your best to protect all your hard work!

Sorry to hear that-but surely any restaurant would tweak a recipe to help a customer-what would happen if you had food intolerances etc :( maybe next time eh

Sorry to hear that-but surely any restaurant would tweak a recipe to help a customer-what would happen if you had food intolerances etc :( maybe next time eh

Usually I can eat out and find something fairly slimming world friendly but it was a large (not even small) Pizza and Garlic bread or nothing apparently (some kind of group order which is why I couldn't have anything else)... not even a side salad to get superfree in! Sometimes I think my friends are out to sabotage me lol. Any other meal I might have said "f**k it I'll treat myself" and have a flexi syn day but not with such bread heavy food, I know even one night of eating that stuff can have a severe impact on the scales!

Mates now think I'm a bit over-obsessed with SW, but really just doing what's right for me in the long run :)

Welshtigger said:
DYJHIW your really crappy day gets worse and decide to go to bed as it'll hurt less if I'm asleep-I hope :( good night all

DYJHIW despite going to bed early, you only managed about 2 hours sleep and are now facing another day of unhappiness and uncertainty-and want to just stay in bed under the covers where it's warm and safe :(

Back