Don't you just hate it when....

Dyjhiw you join a new forum looking for moral support and friendship, only to discover a pack mentality that stops you posting and adds to your already unbearable sad times.

No one has stopped you posting at all. All people have tried to do, is make you aware that the information you claim not to have been given, was there for you all along! You can't call people rude for telling you the truth-that's just not fair! You will get plenty of support and friendship on minis if you give it a chance-it's a fab forum, and people are lovely x

Dyjhiw you join a new forum looking for moral support and friendship, only to discover a pack mentality that stops you posting and adds to your already unbearable sad times.

No one has stopped you posting at all. All people have tried to do, is make you aware that the information you claim not to have been given, was there for you all along! You can't call people rude for telling you the truth-that's just not fair!

We had this only a few days ago where, I believe, the written word takes on another context from the way it was intended.

Horsey gal, we are a friendly lot really (if a touch sarcastic at times) but I can see how it could be a little daunting coming into a thread like this as a newcomer. As in life though, there will always be personalities and opinions which clash.

On the whole I think minis is a fantastic tool and and has certainly helped me along on my journey. How about an Easter resolution to move on and put past differences aside? At the end of the day we are all here for the same reason. There are 'off-topic' threads which may not be to everyone's taste but there are also thousands of weight loss ones to focus on too.

Happy Easter anyone?!

you forget to put sweetner on your porridge, oh well its all gone now

The support you wanted left the forum when you called her rude for confirming you'd missed something at group.

No one has stopped you posting at all. All people have tried to do, is make you aware that the information you claim not to have been given, was there for you all along! You can't call people rude for telling you the truth-that's just not fair! You will get plenty of support and friendship on minis if you give it a chance-it's a fab forum, and people are lovely x

It's all in the tone as you well know, you are not stupid. So far, as a newcomer, I have been referred to as ignorant, naive, plebeian, blaming, and facetious comments have been aimed at me, on two separate threads, the majority of comments made by you, for some reason, taking up the mantle. It's a fab forum when people try to stay polite, I'm sure, as all are x.

Last edited:
Yes it would seem so, hendopig, you are correct.

It's all in the tone as you well know, you are not stupid. So far, as a newcomer, I have been referred to as ignorant, naive, plebeian, blaming, and facetious comments have been aimed at me, on two separate threads, the majority of comments made by you, for some reason, taking up the mantle. It's a fab forum when people try to stay polite, I'm sure, as all are. Have a good day x.

I've not called you any of those things at all! I said that for people to think that everyone would agree was naive, and no one has been impolite to you! :confused:

To be fair to Horsey Gal, there is the best part of a page of comments on this thread taking the piss out of her and other newcomers, hardly polite behaviour. It's all six of one, half a dozen of the other at this point really, maybe she did overreact to Jaylou's initial post, maybe she shouldn't have called her rude, but the subsequent conversation on here with everyone piling in hasn't exactly helped. I think I might just retreat to my diary and pretend this bit of forum doesn't exist from now on. All this bickering (on both sides) just makes me sad and that's not why I come on here.

To be fair to Horsey Gal, there is the best part of a page of comments on this thread taking the piss out of her and other newcomers, hardly polite behaviour. It's all six of one, half a dozen of the other at this point really, maybe she did overreact to Jaylou's initial post, maybe she shouldn't have called her rude, but the subsequent conversation on here with everyone piling in hasn't exactly helped. I think I might just retreat to my diary and pretend this bit of forum doesn't exist from now on. All this bickering (on both sides) just makes me sad and that's not why I come on here.

Yes that may be the case, but i didn't call her any of those things, and am not amused at her saying i did! I'm contacting the mods, as its getting silly now, and too many long term members are going :(

Yes that may be the case, but i didn't call her any of those things, and am not amused at her saying i did! I'm contacting the mods, as its getting silly now, and too many long term members are going :(

I can understand that, those things were said but not by you. I was simply pointing out that it was incorrect to state that no one has been impolite.

I'm completely fed up with this place tbh, been biting my tongue for ages at some of the blatant rudeness I see on here. Makes me sad because it shouldn't have to be like this on a forum we use for fun and support.

I think it can depend on the kind of support we want but people don't always have to agree to be supportive. The thread did take an unpleasant tone and I do think you have contributed to that too and as far as pack mentality goes there as many people posting from your 'pack' if you want to look at it like that but I don't see it pack thing as I don't always agree with the people who in this instance I do agree with some of what they are saying.
You mention unbearable sad times which I'm sorry to hear and I'm sure that if you wanted to share and needed support with something like that then you would find a different kind of response but the post to which people were responding was not that kind and just got peoples opinion in replies.

Horsey gal said:

I really am sad to see that the way people have acted on this thread has put you off minimins completely, you find that there are a few people who react the same way if you say anything they don't agree with. Just stick to your diary and you'll find that there are nice and kind people on here who want to support you it's just unfortunate that wasn't the way people on this thread have been x

I don't think there is any denying that that there was a certain amount of pisstaking going on in this thread this morning and tbh I found it to be quite distasteful. A bit of banter is fun if both sides are fine with it but this was clearly very onesided.

DYJHIW your mum calls to say she has not one, but 2 cheesecakes for today (her birthday buffet). Not only that but one is double decker lemon and the other is double decker bakewell! My favourite flavours ever (not that I know what double decker means but by ******, is the woman trying to test me!!)

DYJHIW your mum calls to say she has not one, but 2 cheesecakes for today (her birthday buffet). Not only that but one is double decker lemon and the other is double decker bakewell! My favourite flavours ever (not that I know what double decker means but by ******, is the woman trying to test me!!)

Omg! Doesn't double decker mean its free ;) 2 of my fave flavours for deserts too, never had bakewell cheesecake though! OMG!

Oooooh cheese ..... cake..... cheesecake....................... *never heard those words, lalalalalala fingers in ears*

Back