Don't you just hate it when....

You know on my diary when I mentioned we'd been in the restaurant & there was only us & another couple and there were 9 other single people & me & OH had fun about why so many singles, I put it down to Aliens:p well I also mentioned this on fb & a friend of my friend said she hoped one day I'd lose my partner & know what it was like to be single & how she goes on holiday & eats alone, what do I expect single people to do, she just went on. Thing is I would have ignored it, but she posted one comment, then went back 10 mins later to add more. So I just said how she didn't know me, didn't know the tone I was using & how I was a fun loving, happy person. I noticed this morning she's added more comments, but I'm going to ignore her, I'm not a confrontational person & wont have a row on fb with someone I don't even know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try not to let it worry you now, Michelle. It's obvious, to anyone who knows you, even just via Mini's, that you wouldn't have meant anything in a malicious way. Suppose it's like Emsie said, it may have touched a nerve with someone who is feeling particularly raw at this time of year and they have lashed out, without thinking rationally. I think you're doing the right thing. You've replied once and have retained your dignity by not entering into a slanging match through the notorious Facebook. Try to forget about it now and enjoy the rest of your day.

Kathy xx

You know on my diary when I mentioned we'd been in the restaurant & there was only us & another couple and there were 9 other single people & me & OH had fun about why so many singles, I put it down to Aliens:p well I also mentioned this on fb & a friend of my friend said she hoped one day I'd lose my partner & know what it was like to be single & how she goes on holiday & eats alone, what do I expect single people to do, she just went on. Thing is I would have ignored it, but she posted one comment, then went back 10 mins later to add more. So I just said how she didn't know me, didn't know the tone I was using & how I was a fun loving, happy person. I noticed this morning she's added more comments, but I'm going to ignore her, I'm not a confrontational person & wont have a row on fb with someone I don't even know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet she feels really stupid now! Good on you for staying cool.

OMG just read the comments Michelle.

Nut job or what!! xx

I've just read them too! :eek:

Yep, exactly, nut job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try not to let it worry you now, Michelle. It's obvious, to anyone who knows you, even just via Mini's, that you wouldn't have meant anything in a malicious way. Suppose it's like Emsie said, it may have touched a nerve with someone who is feeling particularly raw at this time of year and they have lashed out, without thinking rationally. I think you're doing the right thing. You've replied once and have retained your dignity by not entering into a slanging match through the notorious Facebook. Try to forget about it now and enjoy the rest of your day.

Kathy xx

Yep, obviously touched a nerve!!!! thanks, I've moved on & wont let it bother me now. x

I bet she feels really stupid now! Good on you for staying cool.

Probably but if you saw the comments & there have now been 4 lots, maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyjhhiw "Your call is in a queue and will be answered by the next advisor"...and the next advisor doesn't seem to be in any hurry!

Grrrrrrrr, we get that a lot as we need to ring providers quite often, one company tells you how long you can expect to wait, which I like, a few also offer you a call back when it's your turn.

Grrrrrrrr, we get that a lot as we need to ring providers quite often, one company tells you how long you can expect to wait, which I like, a few also offer you a call back when it's your turn.

Yeah but how do they know? That's what I don't get! What it there is someone that's going on and on? These are things I think of if I wake up in the night

When star week is approaching, you are ravenous, tired, prob going to gain though you have been good and you have loads to do when all you want to do is go to bed!

Back