Don't you just hate it when....

Thanks Michelle, I'm going to but think we're screwed :-( Long story but it's a fixed rate 12 month account and they renewed it for a second year without mum authorising it.

In march I emailed them (as her) and said that unless this years rate was XX%, I wanted to close the account and move it to a different fixed rate account with another bank. They wrote back and said they didn't do matching and they'd write to us 3 weeks before the account matured with the rate offered for the next 12 month and if it didn't suit our expectations we could close it down then.

In short we didn't receive the letter that they sent (and I'm not just saying that as I've been waiting to act on it) so they've renewed the account and said its tough as we didn't close it. They said they don't have to tell us when it's mature and it's our own fault and they've locked away the money for 12 months on half the interest rate as last year.

I'm just annoyed because my mum is a widow with a low income and the interest she earns off this account is a substantial part of her income. It's not like we've done nothing, we'd said that if the interest wasn't xx% (I can't remember) we wouldn't be staying with them and they told us on the phone today they have that email on record. I know they can't keep tabs but I've been waiting to act on a letter that didn't come and I feel like they've swindled my mum!

Apologies for long, ranty, frustrated post but I'm so irritated!

My mums no good with all her finances as that was my dad's job so I do most of her stuff. I asked her to ring them and complain today and she did ring but said the lady she spoke to was so nice she decided not to! I've tried to tell her that the nice last won't be topping up her income but she's isn't get it and can't be faced with it. Garrrrr?

You're right to complain, do you have Power of Attorney for your mum, or would you mum give permission to the bank for them to speak to you? that way you can ring on her behalf, you have to make it clear you are making a complaint though, they then have set procedures to follow. Good luck xx

You're right to complain, do you have Power of Attorney for your mum, or would you mum give permission to the bank for them to speak to you? that way you can ring on her behalf, you have to make it clear you are making a complaint though, they then have set procedures to follow. Good luck xx

Oh sorry just seen this!

I don't have power of attorney but generally do most of her stuff because she doesn't understand the stuff like that. I am putting in a complaint tomorrow.

Thanks again xx

When craving got the better of me! Sw day turned bad.... Oops

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I burnt sweetcorn to the pan when making my tea :cry:

Dyjhiw you walk the dogs in the only rain shower of the day! :rolleyes:Stopped at mums for a coffee on the way back looking like this.... 1399667130149.jpgp!ss wet through!! I took my leggings off and popped them in her tumble dryer, borrowed a pair of mum's leggings while they dried... 4 sizes too big!! :eek:

DYJHIW You fall up the stairs, yes up, I'm special & can do that without having any alcohol!!!! I didn't hurt myself but am a bit achy!!!!!!!!!!!
Ouch! Broke my arm that way as a child!

Just wanted to report back to all the lovely ladies that gave me advice and support about last weekend.
It was a good weekend but the anxiety didn't leave me and they continued to not tell us a thing till it happened (including still not knowing flight times until the transfer coach picked us up to go to the airport on the way home!) I mostly kept myself to myself and got too drunk but I did have a good time and the hen loved it which was the main thing!
I vaguely remember a drunken conversation with the organiser explaining to her why I was so upset over the whole thing and told her all about my anxiety to which she was really nice, but still obv didn't understand. Will just have to make sure she's not organising future trips!
Came home with a nice tan and a big headache but it was fun, not worth the dread beforehand though x

Ouch! Broke my arm that way as a child!

Just wanted to report back to all the lovely ladies that gave me advice and support about last weekend.
It was a good weekend but the anxiety didn't leave me and they continued to not tell us a thing till it happened (including still not knowing flight times until the transfer coach picked us up to go to the airport on the way home!) I mostly kept myself to myself and got too drunk but I did have a good time and the hen loved it which was the main thing!
I vaguely remember a drunken conversation with the organiser explaining to her why I was so upset over the whole thing and told her all about my anxiety to which she was really nice, but still obv didn't understand. Will just have to make sure she's not organising future trips!
Came home with a nice tan and a big headache but it was fun, not worth the dread beforehand though x

Glad you had a nice time in the end. Can't believe how laid back it was I guess it's cos I like to be organised. But you and the hen enjoyed it so that's the main thing xx

Dyjhiw your daughter is completely rude and obnoxious to you and you are absolutely fuming with her.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr, she could spend time with my sister who has been the same today in parts, I've no idea how I kept calm, even DD said so when they had gone she was surprised how calm I kept!!! Needless to say I'm now having a drink.

I hope you calm down & it all blows over xx

Grrrrrrrrrrrr, she could spend time with my sister who has been the same today in parts, I've no idea how I kept calm, even DD said so when they had gone she was surprised how calm I kept!!! Needless to say I'm now having a drink.

I hope you calm down & it all blows over xx

Oooh what has sis been doing? !

Daughter is being put on time out!

Oooh what has sis been doing? !

Daughter is being put on time out!

Well we've been out for lunch with mum & it was ok, mum was a bit challenging, but she always is. But then we came back to mine to book Lourdes, we sorted out the train times & hotel at St. Pancras the night before our train, & then in Lourdes, but mum isn't so good at walking so I said to sis can we get the tube to St. Pancras, she gave me such a look as if to say, 'you stupid cow, what'! so I just said well they have tube stations quite close to each other maybe we could get one into St. Pancras or we could get a taxi, she replied 'what taxi!, they won't take us that short distance' erm well they would if we paid I'm sure, grrrrrrrrrrrr, oh & a few more incidents like that, it's no wonder I'm on the alcohol already!!!!

Ouch! Broke my arm that way as a child! Just wanted to report back to all the lovely ladies that gave me advice and support about last weekend. It was a good weekend but the anxiety didn't leave me and they continued to not tell us a thing till it happened (including still not knowing flight times until the transfer coach picked us up to go to the airport on the way home!) I mostly kept myself to myself and got too drunk but I did have a good time and the hen loved it which was the main thing! I vaguely remember a drunken conversation with the organiser explaining to her why I was so upset over the whole thing and told her all about my anxiety to which she was really nice, but still obv didn't understand. Will just have to make sure she's not organising future trips! Came home with a nice tan and a big headache but it was fun, not worth the dread beforehand though x

Glad you had a good time in the end and that the hen did.
Would drive me crazy not knowing things beforehand! X

Back