Don't you just hate it when....

I'm ok thanks. It's not a neighbor on the house. They're like down the side of the garden... Verbal abuse & now slit my gardeners wheelbarrows tyres that were on my property!!

I love cooking but always feel my Oh doesn't appreciate the effort. He's just not a foodie person and eats because he has to not for pleasure. I rarely get a Thankyou let alone a that was lovely. Though he is quick to tell me when he doesn't like it. I have learnt to put up with it but it does annoy me. he gets a well cooked home cooked meal every night. Not sure how many of his friends could say that

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I love cooking but always feel my Oh doesn't appreciate the effort. He's just not a foodie person and eats because he has to not for pleasure. I rarely get a Thankyou let alone a that was lovely. Though he is quick to tell me when he doesn't like it. I have learnt to put up with it but it does annoy me. he gets a well cooked home cooked meal every night. Not sure how many of his friends could say that

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I can relate to a lot of what you are saying! Though he is a bit of a foodie he very rarely cooks. If I'm feeling a bit lazy or pushed for time and chuck stuff in the oven he will go into raptures, which is annoying too!
So quick to criticise aren't they.
The most irritating thing is tues & thurs are gym nights so I cook twice so a) I don't have to wait til 9pm to eat and b) he has a fresh hot meal when he comes in, and thats the thanks i get! Ungrateful s*ds.

I can relate to a lot of what you are saying! Though he is a bit of a foodie he very rarely cooks. If I'm feeling a bit lazy or pushed for time and chuck stuff in the oven he will go into raptures, which is annoying too! So quick to criticise aren't they. The most irritating thing is tues & thurs are gym nights so I cook twice so a) I don't have to wait til 9pm to eat and b) he has a fresh hot meal when he comes in, and thats the thanks i get! Ungrateful s*ds.
I totally get you, my other half will moan if it's something he doesn't feel like so I say "you're more than welcome to get your own tea!" But then hes all stroppy and can't be bothered to make anything so ends up getting chips lol x
He's a proper "meat, potato and veg" guy , which is fine but when we're skint and I'm trying not to eat loads of carbs it's not helpful lol xxx

I totally get you, my other half will moan if it's something he doesn't feel like so I say "you're more than welcome to get your own tea!" But then hes all stroppy and can't be bothered to make anything so ends up getting chips lol x
He's a proper "meat, potato and veg" guy , which is fine but when we're skint and I'm trying not to eat loads of carbs it's not helpful lol xxx

Oh, my OH too, what is with them?! I've just said to him now that if he'd like to go and work in a better paid job so that I can stay home all day I'll gladly cook him a roast dinner every night of the week and have it on the table when he gets home but until that point he can be happy with what he gets of he can cook (by which I mean bring home food I'm not allowed to eat)!

Oh, my OH too, what is with them?! I've just said to him now that if he'd like to go and work in a better paid job so that I can stay home all day I'll gladly cook him a roast dinner every night of the week and have it on the table when he gets home but until that point he can be happy with what he gets of he can cook (by which I mean bring home food I'm not allowed to eat)!
Hahaha! So true! Even if I leave instructions and times for him to make something I will come home to "oh I've just ordered us a take away" xxx

I'm sure it was meant in jest but still! She's been putting on weight recently and I think she's finding it hard. Do you think it was harsh of me to tell her? Xx

No best friends celebrate each other's positives without being selfish, she should of said well done :(

I'm sure it was meant in jest but still! She's been putting on weight recently and I think she's finding it hard. Do you think it was harsh of me to tell her? Xx

Sometimes being sensitive around others is important and timing of when you say something is key, however in this instance I agree with BinkyBonk, just because you're down doesn't mean you can't be happy for someone else. If she is struggling with her weight, she could have been nice and open about it and got some help and support from you (who is already doing well) and it could have helped her with her weightloss goals. Never let other peoples bitterness get you down hun, or be a reflection on you. That is their thinking and let them hold onto that ! Positivity always wins at the end of the day :D, she'll come back lol .

Kay xx

Back