Don't you just hate it when....

This is so heart warming! I bet you really appreciated this - deaf people can be so isolated, can't they? It reminded me of Miracle on 34th Street when Richard Attenborough used sign language to 'speak' to the little deaf girl.

It was really lovely... My daughter from a very young age knew that people couldn't communicate with her & she's adapted to the hearing world so it's nice that she 'could be herself' with Santa!

Ps haven't seen that film in years I'll have to have a look :)

I vividly remember being sat on the side of the bed whilst blow-drying my hair when DD clambered up and crawled around me looking to see if I'd got my hearing-aids in. She wasn't quite 18 months old.

A teacher once commented that DD was a bit loud when speaking and then was embarrassed when I explained why! Strangely, my deafness has helped DD as she learned to speak very clearly and 'crisply' and she regularly gets complimented on her clarity.

Just watched evening news on itv & she was on again... This time showing the signed carol service kids did today :) I am sooooo proud & excited that deafness has had some positive press

If I can find link I'll post it later...

When OH wake you at 7am to tell you he's been sick on the en suite floor cos he couldn't get off the loo to be sick there!! I hope it's a 24hr bug and nothing more.

I hate cleaning up sick arghhh x

Can someone reassure me cause this is weird, I got on scales yesterday they said around 10.10 (cheapest scales ever need new ones)and last night was a fast day so only ate 600 cals and was planning to go bit lower on cals today, yet I weight 11.4 today! I think it's my scales but still a what the hell moment :(

Weight fluctuates so much, up to 8lbs sometimes. I know it's hard but try to stay off the scales, or put them away somewhere until weigh in day xx

When I've got so much decorating to get done!! Jacob playing, Connor napping. So waiting for the wallpaper stripper to heat up!

Back