Don't you just love it when...

I think that sounds like an epic conversation. More talk of spelling and etymology needs to take place on FB. (I studied Eng. Lang and Linguistics for my degree).
Snap me too. Where did you study?

DYJLIW You get crappy news but it means your husband and son suddenly realise you're a person again! Maybe because I actually admitted to being scared (I'm definitely the 'strong' one in our house, by appearances anyway).
Hubby and I had a good chat about our relationship and son.....wait for it.......actually made conversation with me.....he actually STARTED it! He's 15 and all communication is on HIS terms, but I'll take every crumb thankyou!
It takes a lot of courage sometimes to admit our "frailties".

P.S. Love your new avatar pic.

Snap me too. Where did you study?

Liverpool (University of, not one of the Poly's)

Although I have to admit I didn't complete my degree! I got half way through my final year, deferred and never went back. Always wanted to be a criminal linguist, ended up in makeup. Eee by gum.

charlies_mummy said:
Isn't he just! My other half is away on exercise and it's been horrible but my boy has made me smile so much, he is turning into such a character :) know he will get me through Terry's 6 month tour in Afghan in one piece! X

You'll need him a lot through the tour :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I wanted to study english and linguistics at bangor, but kinda cocked up my a levels with alcohol and effing about too much... ended up listing all low points courses at the last minute and sticking a pin in the list. got in at anglia poly in chelmsford studying some crap to do with computers which I hated.

DYJLIW someone asks about the bandage on your hand, you answer with a quip about your 30th being this year and having your palm jewel removed as it's about to turn black, and they actually get the reference to the film Logan's Run.

51ITHtyGPEL._SX500_.jpg

When the whole annex you live in smells of the beef stew thats currently in the slow cooker :D

Normally I hate the smell of food being through in the bedroom and bathroom, but today, it's so yummy I don't mind!

A really kind lady gives you a graco pram with newborn snug and stroller and changing bag and won't take any money all because one wheel needs replacing! It's hardly been used and must have cost a fortune new, what a kind lady

X x x

When you have a fabulous day teaching Happy Learning sessions, we got some fantastic results today, absolutely great AND we've set a date to start Storytelling sessions (I'll be running this session and want to get a Puppet for one of the stories as Autistic people respond really well to puppets) I want this one!

When you have a fabulous day teaching Happy Learning sessions, we got some fantastic results today, absolutely great AND we've set a date to start Storytelling sessions (I'll be running this session and want to get a Puppet for one of the stories as Autistic people respond really well to puppets) I want this one!

I didn't know that - that's really interesting. At the school where I work we have a lot of stuff in the staff room about autism, and one of the posters has a bit on it about a common sign of autism being when the autistic person uses another person's hand to point to or get what they want, instead of using their own hand. I wonder if this has a connection to that - ie the puppet taking the place of the hand of the person who is operating it?

I didn't know that - that's really interesting. At the school where I work we have a lot of stuff in the staff room about autism, and one of the posters has a bit on it about a common sign of autism being when the autistic person uses another person's hand to point to or get what they want, instead of using their own hand. I wonder if this has a connection to that - ie the puppet taking the place of the hand of the person who is operating it?

In this instance it's more about lack of facial expression, Autism can mean a difficulty in understanding facial expressions, Because I have an expressive smiley face I can be offputting (I think it's either that or they hate me! although the others respond well).
Studies with Robots show people with autism respond well.
Pointing to stuff is a difficulty with subjective responses. Using your hand makes it objective (I think) I expect someone with more knowledge than me may come along and correct me x

In this instance it's more about lack of facial expression, Autism can mean a difficulty in understanding facial expressions, Because I have an expressive smiley face I can be offputting (I think it's either that or they hate me! although the others respond well).
Studies with Robots show people with autism respond well.
Pointing to stuff is a difficulty with subjective responses. Using your hand makes it objective (I think) I expect someone with more knowledge than me may come along and correct me x

Right, yes that makes sense about the facial expressions - and also I suppose a puppet doesn't actually make eye contact as such. Also makes sense about the subjective/objective pointing etc.

Shirleen said:

That's really cool, we used masks in a project at sandfield high in Liverpool for a group of autistic students and they responded fantastically to them, it went down so well we were employed by the arts council to tour it during our 3rd year at uni :D

X x x

dyjliw you complain to hubby that your search for a lasting handbag has been fruitless.
he agrees you require a decent, lasting bag. he also likes the style you've been looking at. when confronted with one you've picked, he went to ebay and searched for over an hour and came up with EXACTLY the style of bag you want.... He agrees that your original budget is a bit silly if you want to actually get a real leather handbag (original budget was £20 including postage) so ups the budget and says so long as it can be an anniversary and mother's day gift, you can have it..... this is what marriage is. compromise lol.

£35. I am getting my genuine leather handbag this week.

ok, so I had to sign a bit of paper he's put in his wallet saying that I promise I will not buy a new handbag for 5 years. I made sure it said "this does not preclude second hand bags picked up for less than £2.50" lol.

DYJLIW you are in a freshly changed bed with clean PJs on. And not only that, I've had a shower, shaved the old pins and cut my toenails. Anyone would think it was Christmas!

Back