Dotty's Dukan journey

dottyshirl

started DD on Sunday 7th april and in the first couple of days have lost 4.5 whoop, feeling really well and totally committed to this plan. Off to look around.

10th April ..... another pound off this morning WOW ..... Just having an oatbran pancake with quark and smoked salmon yummy, I have homemade beef burgers (with oat bran, oregano, basil, onion, garlic, chilli and an egg) in the fridge ready to dry fry and just cooked some salmon fillets to put in the fridge, drinking green tea, water and coffee with a little skimmed milk and sweetener. What a fantastic way of eating, on cruise tomorrow I think will check. Whoop I am so happy, got a four week trip to Turkey at the end of May, so glad I started this plan. Hope your all well x oh and I have done my walk ...... Yay

So it's day five today, yesterday I was another 1.75 lbs down so that's 7.25 lbs lighter total........ Purely amazing. Started cruise phase yesterday so I had B scrambled eggs (3 eggs, I was late eating so really hungry) tbs cottage cheese and smoked salmon. S poached salmon. L green salad with cottage cheese. S homemade Dukan oatmeal icecream. D 2 homemade burgers with broccoli. Drinks 4 green tea, 2 coffee with skimmed milk and sweetener and two pints of water. Exercise forty minute walk. Did not weigh myself today my three cats took my attention so it was bathroom then coffee. Here's to another Dukan day x

I have dieted a lot in my life, like most women. In the last eighteen months I have spent quite a lot of money on diet plans, LighterLife which is meal replacement and coaching, worked fantastically for me, I lost three stones (48 lbs) and kept most of it off. Gained about 21 lbs back so I tried NewYou diet, another meal replacement but from home so no weigh-in, found it too hard, I would lose but I was not eating enough, the diet was not sustainable and it was a waste of money. Then my sister introduced me to BodyTrim, I think it is a copy of the Dukan diet but they use terms like "eat as much veg/salad as you want and I believe this gives people a false belief that they can gorge on salad and veg and that may be true but what I find is that it opens a flood gate of mental abandonment and you end up relaxing too much and eventually over indulging with other foods until you feel out of control and a failure yet again.

I love the Dukan diet because it gives you specific guidelines, like 2/3 protein plus 1/3 veg/salad, allows low fat dairy, the process through the diet means you are consciously on plan, the cruise phase is the key, with the PP days bringing you back inline should you over indulge on PV days, how brilliant is that ? I find I have so much choice with my food I am not wanting to eat anything off plan, having to fit the oat bran in is another important factor that stops you from failing, how can you crave other foods when you can make pancakes, muffins, Dukan bread etc.......... and I find eating the oat bran replaces other foods a lot higher in energy, for example I can have porridge instead of eggs, I can make sweet or savoury meals with the oat bran, it is a filler/binder for burgers and meatballs, it is a coating for chicken/fish AND it is a intestinal cleaner...... yay oat bran ha ha. Anyway, I wish you all a brilliant Dukan day, you know you can DO Dukan parrffff xxx

Hi dotty and welcome xxx hows it going ?

A very insightful first post and then... gorn! MORE!

Back