Double down day

Thanks Scarlett. That is amazing, I wish I had the willpower to do that.

I might try it at some point but quite scared of it. My job at the moment is pretty boring and slow giving me too much time to think about food but I start a new job on 12th November which should keep me running around and make DD easier. Will see how it goes might try double next week but not sure I could handle two in a week.

Keep it up, you are all an inspiration.

:D

DD2 begins :)

Feeling great this morning Ladies, so thankful to have found JUDDD as otherwise I'd just be floundering around and no doubt gaining weight at the moment.

hoping for another DD today and then a controlled/low UD in the hope of an overall loss this week - weigh in on Sunday x

Sun: DD 145.8 -1.4lb
Mon: UD 145 -0.0lb
Tue: DD 147.8 +2.8lb
Wed: UD 146.6 -1.2lb
Thur: DD 147.2 +0.6lb
Fri: DD 145.2 -2.0lb
Sat:

DD2 begins :)

Feeling great this morning Ladies, so thankful to have found JUDDD as otherwise I'd just be floundering around and no doubt gaining weight at the moment.

hoping for another DD today and then a controlled/low UD in the hope of an overall loss this week - weigh in on Sunday x

Great post, Lotto! Looking forward to your weigh-in news on Sunday :D

P x

Amy2249 said:
Hello everyone, quick question, sorry if you have already mentioned it in this thread but when you do a double DD so you do another DD in the week or just keep it at 2 DD and 5 UD?

I try to do 4 DD out of 7 but attempt to do only 1 double because otherwise as has been said, body may get too used to it. So this wk it looks like this:

Mon: DD
Tues: UD
Weds: DD
Thurs: DD
Fri: UD
Sat: UD
Sun: DD

I like the look of you week DopeyAngel but I know I wouldn't be able to DD on a Sunday. Might double DD on Tuesday and Wednesday then another DD on Friday. That wouldn't be too bad I suppose........... Will I survive? Not sure :confused:

Thanks Scarlett. That is amazing, I wish I had the willpower to do that.

I might try it at some point but quite scared of it. My job at the moment is pretty boring and slow giving me too much time to think about food but I start a new job on 12th November which should keep me running around and make DD easier. Will see how it goes might try double next week but not sure I could handle two in a week.

Keep it up, you are all an inspiration.

:D
I for one am only doing doubles as my weight was stalling about 5 weeks ago, I have been doing Juddd now for nearly 6 mths so it was bound to happen, I was doing 3 DD so needed to up to 4 for a while but I love my weekend UP s and for me thats what makes the plan so longterm doable for me so instead of doing alternate UP DD I chose doubles instead, at the moment I do the same as scarlett DD mon, tues thurs and fri, I will revert back to my old plan of 3 DD and 4 UPs now and again to keep my body on its toes lol . If you are just starting out I would advise a 3DD 4UP plan eg m,w,f DD and UP t,th,sat and sun, and see how your weight loss goes, Doubles are generally not needed its just for one reason or another some of us are doing them like a sort of boot camp ha x

I started doing the odd week of DDDs as I wanted to make sure I was doing 7 fasting days across a 14 day timescale from time to time, but I wanted to still have weekend UDs. I have done 4 lots of DDDs now, both times I have done them to address a series of planned UDs.

Personally, I wouldn't do DDDs as a regular pattern as I really like mixing things up to keep my weight loss ticking over. I also think that I wouldn't have managed DDDs without having done a few weeks of IF first.

So, I think they are a useful part of the IF armoury, as it were, but perhaps not for the faint hearted or when starting out.

STS after yesterdays DD which is unheard of for me but I had a strange feeling thats was going to happenI ??? Anyway really pleased with my 1lb overall loss x
Good luck to anyone else weighing in today
weekly weights

sat 11 10 official weight
Sun -----
Mon 12 1 up 5lbs after 2 UPs
Tues 11 12 3lbs down after DD no 1
Weds 11 11 1lb down after DD no 2
Thurs 11 11 STS after controlled UP just under 1600 cals
Fri 11 9 2lbs down after DD no 1
biggrin.gif

Sat 11 9 sts after DD no 2 Official loss of 1lb :D

Very similar to me, Jo. Lost loads after Mon/Tues DDD, which was, I suspect, dealing with the water gain from the previous 6 UDs! Second lot of DDDs this week, I lost much less but brought me to 0.5lbs below where I was at my WI 2 weeks ago.

I'm back to my usual 3 DDs for a couple of weeks or so, I think now. :) Happy to do another round of DDDs as the need arises though!

Last edited:
Very similar to me, Jo. Lost loads after Mon/Tues DDD, which was, I suspect, dealing with the water gain from the previous 6 UDs! Second lot of DDDs this week, I lost much less but brought me to 0.5lbs below where I was at my WI 2 weeks ago.

I'm back to my usual 3 DDs for a couple of weeks or so, I think now. :) Happy to do another round of DDDs as the need arises though!
Well done x I am doing 1 more week of doubles because my Birthday weekend is coming up, then I am going back to my MWF pattern and see what happens then go from there x

Anyone else doubling this week? I am intending to, OH is mornings this week and its more difficult then as we usually have our evening meal together? Also my D aughter is in an Opera on Thurs and we are going to see the evening performance, he might have plans to eat afterwards etc so I am going to aim to do doubles but life may get in the way this week ?
Food for today total 479, milk allowance, Heinz pasta pouch and skinny soup.
Weights
Sat 11 9 official weight
Sun ----
Mon 11 13 gain of 4 after 2 very very UP days

Well done, do you find the second one easier ? I think I find the first one mentally tougher as you know you are not eating the next day but the second one I find much easier in all ways?

erm I try not to think about the 2nd one, I start out on DD1 with the mindset that tomorrow "could be" an up day. Then when I get there I have generally felt motivated enough by the first to pull a 2nd out of the bag :) if that makes sense?

Although the intention is always to to do doubles, I guess I can trick my brain into a false sense of security :D.

I enjoy the feeling of being on the downward slope/home stretch on DD2 - so far so good although no loss from yesterdays down which was a bit weird :eek:....think my body might be cottoning on to what's going on and being a deliberate PITA :eek::)

Thankfully today is measurement day of the month, so I've had some NSV's to concentrate on - so the scales aren't phasing me TOO much :)x

I am doubling Wed and Thurs. On DD today after a very controlled up yesterday. Also going to try a DD on Saturday. Will be my first go at wknd fasting, fingers crossed it is not terrible!

I did a controlled last weds 1600 cals which resulted in a sts the following day which should have been the Holy Grail, however it impacted on the following DDs lost 2lbs after 1st and nothing after 2nd, never ever happened to me before, it was my first ever controlled too so although it may have been a coincidence I think I personally would have been better eating a bit more gaining a 1lb and them my body has something to work on IYSWIM, thats just my body though as we all know this ADF affects people differently. Perhaps if I were to try one again I would need to up it to 1800 ?

Back