Double down day

DopeyAngel said:
Goodness DQ that's a big ask for your first wk! A lot of ppl use double downs only when they really need to, the alternate days is better for you so I wouldn't recommend it every wk.

Yeah it's been really tough didn't actually sleep a wink last night stomach was rumbling and head was racing. Guess its just an attempt to shift some of this weight as quickly as possible as I've gained lots in the last few months :S

Double down day completed! yay! Got to admit it was tough yesterday, but I think it´s because I didn´t eat very well on my upday on sunday (mainly chocolate, cake and ice-cream). Anyway, I dropped 2lb this morning, so that´s what I gained yesterday plus a little bit more :D Have to say, after a really slow start at the beginning of JUDDD it´s now really working well. So all those who are just starting, stick with it as the lbs will come off easily during the second month!
I´m away now until Sunday night, so will be back on Monday with 2 double down days next week!

Starting day 2 of my DDD and I woke up feeling really good. So far I have had one weetabix and skimmed milk and walked the dogs. I'm going to go for another walk/run around a big park later to get my exercise rate up. Normally I wouldn't eat until later but I figured as I am doing some exercise I need some fuel to keep me going.

Fingers crossed the run is good and I have the energy to come home and do some housework! (At the least it will stop me thinking about food!)

Morning guys I'm doing my first double down today and tomorrow, not sure how I'll cope but I need my double UP Tuesday and Wednesday of next week so this is the best way to fit it in!
I had a good UD yesterday and I've not woken up hungry which is a blessing - not going to eat anything until I really need it.

Best of luck everyone doing a double today!

X

Hi all! Is it advisable to do a double dd when you first start? I started yesterday on a dd and today I feel like I want to do another so I can have 2 ups at the weekend?

Hi all! Is it advisable to do a double dd when you first start? I started yesterday on a dd and today I feel like I want to do another so I can have 2 ups at the weekend?

Hey there I think you could do a double if you want to, I think I should probably advise you to do a 'normal' week first to see how that suits you, but this diet is very individual and I do think you can tailor it to your needs. Whatever you decide on, best of luck!

DD number 2 is here hurrah, so now it's just like a normal DD followed by and UD which is much easier for my brain to deal with lol. I'm not feeling to bad this morning, not particularly hungry which I thought I would be. Definitely looking forward to eating again tomorrow though I wont lie.

It's all about soup and low cal hot chocolate in this freezing weather, so that's my plan of action for today.

Good luck everyone X

Last edited:
Loving my ud I completed my second dd yesterday but from next week I will do alternate days for 2 weeks as the book says love this plan :/)

Loving my ud I completed my second dd yesterday but from next week I will do alternate days for 2 weeks as the book says love this plan :/)

Fab isn't it! Well done on the double down days I don't know if I would have been brave enough to do that at the start. Things going okay here, everything is planned out taking me right up the the 500cal and I feel okay. Still quite a bit of the day left so I'm going to hold off on my Sainsbury's basics cauliflower cheese for as long as possible lol.

So looking forward to my UD tomorrow, Maccies breakfast!

X

Ummmm maccies breaky! That has to be the best hangover cure ever :) glad your dd is going well! I find the DD''s really easy through the we but not sure if I'd cope at the weekend! Going to watch the new bond film tonight :) I've had around 1200 cals so far but still need to have tea and popcorn later :)

Jo reporting back for duty after my Birthday lasted for 9 UP days !!! But so pleased to be weighing in at 12 2 this morning thats not to bad at all and I should be looking at a good loss after doubling this week as I havent had a DD for 10 days !Dog is overdue though so really concerned about her , don't feel much like eating but I am stressed and we all know what stress can do, but Christmas is coming and I need to get back on track, will check in when I can x Good luck all x

bajoleth said:
Jo reporting back for duty after my Birthday lasted for 9 UP days !!! But so pleased to be weighing in at 12 2 this morning thats not to bad at all and I should be looking at a good loss after doubling this week as I havent had a DD for 10 days !Dog is overdue though so really concerned about her , don't feel much like eating but I am stressed and we all know what stress can do, but Christmas is coming and I need to get back on track, will check in when I can x Good luck all x

Hope puppy time comes soon and releases you stress.. Fingers crossed for cute pics soon!

DDD starting today! Hope it's a good one..

Phew 1st day of my double d done! Its been a struggle especially these past 3hours sat infront of the tv had a hard day at work so just needed to chill! Anyway normally id of reached for the sweets but I didn't :) I'm so chuffed and loving the diet it's fab :)

Slinkyson said:
Phew 1st day of my double d done! Its been a struggle especially these past 3hours sat infront of the tv had a hard day at work so just needed to chill! Anyway normally id of reached for the sweets but I didn't :) I'm so chuffed and loving the diet it's fab :)

Well done there!

First DD under my belt, just need to get tomorrow sorted and back on track! Go me!

Yesterday's DD turned into an ID. We had to go pick up our dog from some friends and he'd baked a cake specially for us and got all the nibbles out. It would have been rude to have refused any. So DD today, UD tomorrow and then Double DD Thursday and Friday. I stayed the same weight wise this morning, so need to have a good DD today.

DDD for me, doing ok, not feeling hungry but I am looking forward to tomorrow!

i must try a DD DD sometime, but just can't bring myself round to it at the moment, I'm always so looking forward to my breakfast after one DD. Good luck both of you.

I'm enjoying my DDDs, I'm hoping this week I may finally see a big loss, I have been doing DDDs for about a week and a half now. I allow myself up to 600 cal a day.

DDD done and dusted food tomorrow woop woop second ddd that I have completed and must say its rather easy :) I love the fact that we only have to reduce calories for 1 day! Can't see me ever going back to a vlcd having found this method! Roll on wi on Friday I know I've lost I've had a sneaky peak today Wohoooo :)

Back