Double pasta lasange! Low syn. Amazingly good

i made this tonight, and i must say, it was sooooooo yummy, my mum had a bit also and loved it. Thanks for this chick. xx

I do wonder though SW would consider this food abuse under the new regime in the same way that pasta & sauce quiche is supposedly a no-no.

In the old days (groan!) we used to have a lasagne recipe that basically consisted of layers of canned spag bol, lasagne sheets, and canned macaroni cheese, with cheese on the top. Total carb and processed food overload of course but the ultimate in comfort food.

Last edited:
I do wonder though SW would consider thie food abuse under the new regime in the same way that pasta & sauce quiche is suppsedly a no-no.

In the old days (groan!) we used to have a lasange recipe that basically consisted of layers of canned spag bol, lasagne sheets, and canned macaroni cheese, with cheese on the top. Total carb and processed food overload of course byt the ultimate in comfort food.

Yip and corned beef was syn free too I think sugar free jellies too. *sighs* Then again I dont suppose it is too healthy to live on tins, jelly and corned beef.

Food abuse or not, I've just made it tonight and it is AMAZING! Thanks for the idea - my old baked bean lasagne was nice but lacked the cheesey layers this one has. I put little dollops of %Total and basil on the top as well as the cheese (HEX) and this worked well too.
For the (quorn) mince, I added garlic and onions and lots of tinned tomatoes although next time I would also add a little chilli powder and a bit of worchester sauce for extra kick! xxx

Hmmm, I thought I posted a reply earlier, just wanted to say that the Batchelors Macaroni Pasta n Sauce are 2 syns a pack.....so, the syn value is slightly higher....but 4 syns still ain't bad eh?

This is currently in the oven and if you use the Crosse and Blackwell Cheese, Leek and Ham Pasta and Sauce, it's syn free - yay!

I cooked this friday and mine was dry! Im so rubbish at cooking, even just following a recipe!! I had a square and it was tasty, just needed more cheese sauce. I went back to the kitchen for seconds and my 10 year old brother had eaten the whole thing with a fork!!!! The amount i made it could have fed about 5 adults!! I was shocked! He doesnt eat anything like that usually, he's so fussy!!

Not just yours as mine didn't turn out well either. I only did half the recipe quantities but don't think this will have affected it. I think i'll stick to making proper lasagne.

thats a shame that both of yours didn't turn out well, cause i absolutely loved mine, will definitely be making it again, my mum thought it was really tasty also. xx

I made one today and it was lovely. I used the cheese and broccoli pasta and sauce and it all worked fine. Did it in a really big lasagne dish, made 8 servings, I used 2 packs of P&S, 4 oz of cheese and 250ml of milk, so I'm just going to work out the syn value.

i am going to try this too! great stuff!

Back