Down with Spanx!

Thanks Surreygal - just seen your weekly result on Laura's team thread - 5lbs - amazing! - well done missy! :happy036:

You've had some excellent losses lately - being nosy, are you doing red, green or EE?! Any tips gratefully received!

So, yesterday was an EE day, as it's the weekend:

Saturday: EE day

Brekkie: None (oops, sounds like this is becoming a habit, but my ex has my son on a Friday night, so I had a bit of a lie-in and then had to have an early lunch before going to the footy, so no time for brekkie!)
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Footy snack: Kitkat (5.5 syns) (Felt really good, as I always take the chocolate to the footy for the friends we sit with, they bring the coffee! Anyway, bought chunky kitkats for them and I only had a small one!)
Snack: Apple, slice of corned beef (2 syns?)
Dinner: Chicken and spinach curry (chicken, mushroom, peppers, onions, fresh tomatoes, spinach, stock, spices), brown rice
Snack: ff Yoghurt, strawberries

Total syns for day: 7.5

Spanx - congratulations on your loss and jeans and comments and new hair! It's all go with you!! I'm inspired to get my hair done as well- I'm normally sporting a similar shade to what you're rocking at the moment, but I think mine is looking a bit washed out lately.

I'm experiencing similar things to you - am finally fitting into a 16 again...well, in most shops, which is unbelievable as I was 22-24 not so long ago and my weight finally starts with a 13 instead of a 17 like it did this time last year. Yay for SW and minimims :D

WOOP

Thanks Loumoo - and well done on your progress too! I sometimes think that fitting into smaller clothes is even more satisfying than seeing the scales go down!

I'm sure that the day I'm wearing a size 12 I will be going out with all my clothes on inside out, so that the labels are showing!!! :D

My Dad's birthday today, so some temptations were thrown my way, but I think I did rather well! Avoided wine and yorkshires and only had a small piece of cake...pat on the back for me!

Sunday: EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB)

Lunch: Chicken, curried rice (3 syns), mango chutney (1 syn), baked potato, lots of sprouts!

Snack: Small slice of cake (5 syns)

Dinner: Chicken, spinach and veg curry, baked potato

Total syns for day: 9
Total syns so far this week: 16.5

Thanks spanx:).I do red and green days.Im just so pleased it's coming off,it's also great when you can fit in to smaller clothes isnt it.It gives you an added boost!! Well done you for having a little piece of cake on your dad's birthday.How long now till your holiday? Hope all is well with you:).x

Dear diary,

Sorry for being absent all week, I promise I won't do it again, please don't tell me off!

Have had a pretty rubbish week, work is really busy, I put my back out and my son has developed shingles (and on his birthday too, bless!). Have managed to stay on track SW-wise though, although I did have a little wobble on Wednesday, when I took my son out for tea and had chips...! I did avoid anything else naughty though, and stuck to the diet coke, even though the red wine was calling my name really loudly!

So, can't remember all my food this week, but, apart from Wednesday, when I probably had 15 syns, I've had less than 10 a day for the other days.

Hoping for another good loss tomorrow, although I feel a bit bloated. Having rushed around all week, I haven't had enough fresh fruit and veg, so need to remedy that next week!

Only 2 weeks til my holiday and I'd really like to be under 14st 7lb by then...so need to lose 3lbs. Hopefully that will be achievable, let's see whether it looks like a mountain or a molehill after tomorrow's WI!

Although I've had a rubbish week in a lot of ways, I did have a fabulous hour today...I went shopping for something to wear at a wedding tomorrow (last minute 'aghhhh, I've got nothing to wear!' panic!) So I popped into town. Went into Evans, didn't see anything I liked (I do really struggle with their clothes, sometimes there's just nothing nice at all!) Had a peek in BHS, no, nothing... Things were starting to look a little desperate... Decided to go into M&S and went to walk straight past Per Una, as they usually only go up to an 18 and I haven't fitted in that for years!

But the God of shopping was smiling on me today, because they now do tops up to a size 22! Woohoo! So I took a top and a skirt to try on in a 22 and....(drumroll please!) had to ask the assistant to take them and change them for a smaller size!!! :D:D:D I was extremely happy, as you can imagine!

Right, back tomorrow to update on WI results...right now it's time for bed!

Thanks Kellie - it felt absolutely fabulous!

I went to the wedding yesterday - had a completely flexi-syns day and just enjoyed myself! I noticed I had a lot more energy on the dance floor, that's for sure, so I was hoping that some body magic dancing would have countered all the syns! But it was not to be!

So, yesterday's WI told me I had lost 1lb, which I was a bit disappointed with to be honest. Think it was not enough speed foods though, so I'm going to get my book out and write a list of speed foods to eat this week!

Anyway, I decided to re-weigh myself this morning to see what the flexi-syns and dancing had done and was gobsmacked to see I'd put on 1.5lbs in a day! What's that all about? Was wearing the same clothes and weighed at the same time of day too!

So that will have to spur me on to have a really good week this week!

Hi spanx ahh bless your son shingles on his birthday ouch!!.Hope he soon feels better.What a fab feeling for you in your new outfit well done:).Have a good week.x

Morning all!

I don't know what's going on this week, but I've lost my mojo a bit. Not that I'm being naughty, or even off plan, but I've lost my enthusiasm and need to get it back somehow! I think I need to shake it up a little, so I will give some thought to how I might do that...

So, this week has been the usual green week:

Sunday: Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB), Lunch: Pasta 'n' Sauce with extra mushrooms, Dinner: Hunters Chicken (1.5 HEB + 4 syns), McCain's rustics (3 syns), Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns), apple
Total syns for day: 12.5
Total syns for week: 62.5

Monday: Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB), apple, Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), Dinner: Hunters chicken (1.5 HEB + 4 syns), McCain's rustics (2 syns)
Total syns for day: 6
Total syns so far this week: 68.5

Tuesday: Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB), Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), Quark, Strawberries, FF Yoghurt
Total syns for day: 2.5
Total syns so far this week: 71

Also, today is going to be one of those tricky days! Got to go down to London for a work do with a buffet lunch and dinner out... will have to just try and do my best and take some fruit with me!

Woohoo! Well done Kellie :happy096: I can only dream of a size 12 at the moment, but one day I too will get there and be forever spanxless!!! :D

Well, yesterday wasn't great foodwise, as I'd kind of expected! I did quite well until the evening, when I was starving and there were huge plates of cakes everywhere!

Wednesday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB), apple
Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), beans
Snack: Slice of carrot cake (6 syns?), tiddly tuna sandwich (half HEB + 4 syns?)
Dinner: Boiled rice, tandoori chicken dhansak, poppadom (12 syns?)

Total syns for day: 22
Total syns so far this week: 93

Thursday: Green day
Brekkie: None (in a rush, meetings all morning!)
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (Half HEA)
Snack: Slice of carrot cake (left over from last night, someone had brought them into the office...:eek:) (6 syns)
Dinner: Pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, peas, philly light with garlic and herbs (HEB)

Total syns for day: 6
Total syns so far this week: 99

Wow - I've just realised that if I stay below 6 syns tomorrow, I will still just about be in the weekly syns even with all the eating out! :D Pity I've got a buffet lunch again tomorrow...:(

Ended up having to take the day off, after my son woke me at 2.30am complaining of earache - poor lamb! He then slept in my bed for the night and boy, does he fidget! Nurofen for kids didn't do the trick for once, so he ended up in bed all morning and I ended up cooking comfort food!

Made a cheese and potato pie, as I had loads of potatoes and onions that needed using up. Trouble was, I couldn't put any other veg in it, as my veg-phobic son wouldn't eat it then! Anyway, it ended up being the biggest cheese and potato pie in the entire universe...we've already had it for lunch and I had it for dinner too and there's still more than two-thirds left! Guess I will be having it for brekkie tomorrow too!!! :D

At least I avoided the buffet lunch!

Friday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)
Lunch: Cheese and potato pie (HEA), beans
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Cheese and potato pie, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, corned beef (3 syns)
Snack: ff yoghurt, mini twister (2.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 5.5
Total syns for week: 104.5

So, WI tomorrow and am not feeling very hopeful, especially as I've eaten a whole potato crop today! I really wanted to get 2lbs off to reach my holiday target, but if I don't do it, at least I'll be pretty darn close! In fact, I think I'll WI on Friday next week, as I go on hols Friday night, so I'll have had nearly a whole week and will also be able to judge the holiday damage better! :eek:

Morning hun! Awww, sorry to hear you soon was feeling poorly. I hope his earache goes soon :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your WI hun, I'm sure your cheese and potato pie won't have made a huge amount of difference! :)

Only 0.5lb off for me this week...was a little bit perplexed as it's the first week in the last 4 weeks I haven't gone over my syns by drinking my own body weight in alcohol! My body is very strange! :eek:

xxx

Well, only half a pound off for me this week *sigh*

I suppose I should be glad of a loss at all given:

• one day completely off plan at a wedding
  • inability to resist cake not once, but twice this week!
  • too many carbs - (yes, I'm blaming the cheese and potato pie!)
  • not enough superfree fruit and veg
  • very little exercise this week.
Still, knowing what I've done wrong and doing something about it are two completely different things!

I'm going to do my best this week to get 1.5lbs off by Friday, the day before I go on holiday...that's quarter of a pound a day...far more than my usual loss! :eek:

Thanks Claire! Well done on your losses too - and your Wii challenge! I love my Wii, which is why I'm sitting here wondering why it's gathering dust in the corner...need to get it out tomorrow methinks!

Well, I've had a pretty rubbish weekend, SW-wise! On Saturday night, a combination of laziness (ie hadn't been to the shops and didn't want to cook!) and my son still feeling rubbish and wanting junkfood, meant we ended up at the chippy! :eek: At least we walked there and back!!!!! :D

So, the weekend's food looked like this:

Saturday: Green day

Brekkie: Apple
Lunch: Cheese and potato pie (yes, it's still going strong!), beans
Dinner: Fried chicken (2 HEB and 15 syns), half portion chips (10 syns), BBQ sauce (1 syn)

Total syns for day: 26:eek:

Sunday: EE day
Brekkie: None (oops!)
Lunch: The last of the cheese and potato pie!!, baked beans, apple
Dinner: Home made pork burgers (free), McCain's rustics (3 syns), broccoli, peas

Total syns for day: 3
Total syns so far this week: 29

Bleugh, feeling rubbish - have a cold coming just before going on hols! :mad::rolleyes:

Also, feeling very bloated and quite windy...I pity the poor so and so who has to sit next to me on the plane this weekend!

So, a pretty average couple of days syn-side. Still not feeling inspired - isn't it strange how sometimes when we should be feeling the most motivated, ie a week before going on hols, a strange kind of ennui sets in! :rolleyes: Or is that just me?!

Monday: Green day:
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), pork (HEB), cheese
Total syns for day: 2
Total syns for week so far: 31

Tuesday: Green day:
Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB), ff yoghurt
Dinner: Egg fried rice (2 syns), chicken and spinach curry (HEB)
Snack: Alpen light (Half HEB)
Total syns for day: 2
Total syns so far this week: 33

Morning spanx.Sorry to hear you have a cold and feeling rubbish aww thats typical just before your hols,i hope you can kick it to touch.I know how you feel about the windy problem,my goodness tmi i know sorry but last night i was just full of it i couldn't stop:eek: ha ha i could of sent a rocket to space:eek::eek:.Good job i was home:giggle:.Have a great holiday:).x

Thanks Surreygal - I am hoping to see a lot of sun, read some good books and have a good rest!

Am still v. windy today - at this rate I can fly myself to Cyprus!!!

Better day today food wise - I actually managed to eat some veg and have a syn-free day to make up for earlier in the week and in preparation for over-synning on hols! Also, have one of those dreaded buffet lunches tomorrow!

Wednesday: Green day

Snack: Alpen light (other half HEB)
Dinner: Pasta, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, philly light with garlic and herbs (HEB)

Total syns for day: 0
Total syns for week so far: 33

Back