Down with Spanx!

Day 2 sans les Kitkats! I was heading for a very low-syn day until a friend turned up for tea with a bottle of red - well, it would have been very rude to let her drink alone! :D

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, banana (left the ss soup on the kitchen counter rushing out to work - doh!)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, green beans, chicken (HEB), cheese (HEA)
Drinks: 2 small glasses red wine (10 syns)

Total syns for day: 12.5
Week so far: 55

Hi Spanx,

Sounds like you had a better day yesterday. Low syn day was good and even if you added a couple of glasses of wine, it was still well within your syns. Hope you're feeling a bit happier and positive about your fantastic achievements and SW challenge !

Gail x

Hi Gail - and thanks!

It's funny isn't it how your mojo can suddenly get up and go?! Last night, I was waxing lyrical about SW with my friend (who is trying hypnotherapy to lose weight and has lost 11 pounds) - I believed every word I was saying about how good SW is and how easy it is to fit into your lifestyle, and yet I'm having a bad week!

I think I've worked out why though - I'm aching all over today and have had a headache and upset tummy, so I've probably been brewing a bug all week and that never makes you feel great!

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), ww yoghurt, fresh fruit
Lunch: Left over pasta, pesto, chicken, mushrooms, leeks, green beans (2.5 syns)
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with some chicken and extra veg in, baked potato
Snack: KitKat (oh dear, only managed two days without chocolate!) (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 8
Week so far: 63

Gah! I'm so fed up!

Missed WI yesterday as I was staying at a friends - so weighed in this morning = only lost 0.5lb - so that's half a pound in two weeks...:mad::(

I did however, take my measurements, (one week late for my three-monthly update!)

Bust (full): 45" - total lost in 8 months = 7.5"
Under bust: 37" - total lost in 8 months = 5"
Waist: 39" - total lost in 8 months = 8"
Hips: 45" - total lost in 8 months = 7"

So that's 27.5" in just over 8 months!

I've also lost an inch off my thighs since 4 January - must be the running!

Need to have a think about what to do this week to shake things up. Last week I did manage to cut down my carbs a little - started weighing pasta and rice and sticking to 'guideline' amounts - also upped the veg intake. Maybe I should try another week of that before I hit the panic button and try something more drastic!

Ahh don't be fed up hun,your inch loss is just fabulous:DI always feel the weeks the scales don't move that's when we loose the inches.Just remember how far you have already come,you have done so so well.xx

So that's 27.5" in just over 8 months!

:eek: Wow!! You must be so proud of yourself!!

Chin up chicky you have come so far and I'm sure a little tweek will help things pick up again :patback:

Thanks Surreygal and Honda - feeling more positive tonight, especially as I managed to avoid the temptation of eating while I was out shopping earlier - nearly went to Wagamamas or the Handmade Burger Co, but came home for a baked potato instead!

I know I've done really well so far, and I'm proud of my achievements. I also know that I could be doing more - perhaps I've rested on my laurels a little, but I've just booked my next holiday for 22 May, so that's given me the motivation to get back on track! It's 10 more WIs, so I will aim to get another 10lbs off by then - that would take me to 12st 9.5lbs - 2 stone lighter than on my last holiday last October.

I also remotivated myself by trying on lots of my 'fat' clothes earlier - lots of trousers that fell straight back down and tops that were hanging off me - that's another 2 bags to go to the charity shop! Even better, I also tried on a few things that I haven't been able to get into for years, and they fit again, including 2 of my favourite tops! :D

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), ww yoghurt, banana
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, green beans, mushrooms, peas, cheese (HEA)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 8

Hey Spanx,

Please don't be down. I know that I have had weeks where I don't lose much despite staying on plan but seem to get smaller those weeks. I call them consolidation weeks ! So stick with it. I agree with weighing your pasta/rice because I am too at the moment (not to 'limit' myself - just that if I cook more than I need, I will eat it so I cook what I think I need and then if I want more (which I never do) then I would just make a bit more) and also think about a food diary. I don't do one (I'm too lazy) but I had decided ages ago that when/if my losses slow down I will start doing one again. I know it helps.

So, have a great week and look forward to the new slinkier you for your hols soon.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Thanks Gail - you always know how to cheer a girl up!

I got thrown off course today when I went to the cafe up the road for my usual baked potato lunch and they had none! So, I had to have cottage pie and veg. I checked as far as possible and they said they drain the mince once it's cooked (and it didn't taste greasy), fry the onions in a little oil and don't add butter to the mash, so hopefully it wasn't too bad!

Monday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), ww yoghurt
Lunch: Cottage pie, veg, small dash gravy (going to allow 7 syns in total, it's a guess really!)
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Chicken, pasta, pesto (2 syns), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
Snack: Yoghurt, kitkat (5.5 syns - not good, but really craved something sweet and chocolatey!)

Total syns for day: 14.5 (bang goes my low syn day!)
Week so far: 22.5

Actually if the cafe are telling the truth about their food it probably isn't too bad but do they really not add butter to the mash ? If that's true it may be worth quizzing them about what's in it because you may have just found a good low Syn alternative to the jacket spud - bonus !!!

I would also say to you not to feel guilty over the kit kat/14.5 Syn day. I find that when I've had a big weekend away (and as you may remember I had a few of those in Feb) if I try to do no Syn or low Syn sometimes I am much more likely to go off plan. So what I do now is try if I can, but be prepared to just use all my syns if I need to (which I mostly do) and just accept that is better than going off plan. So to me you have done well :)

Gail x

Brilliant motivation with the clothes:DIt's a great feeling to get in to clothes you haven't been able to wear:D well done!

Hope your week is going okay:)x

Thanks Gail and Surreygal - hope you are both having a good week!

Gail, the cafe seems to do a range of healthy cooked mains, alongside the all-day breakfast and chips stuff! That day they also had a chilli and a curry and neither of them looked ioly - in fact they far more resembled the curry or chilli I would make at home - with lots of tinned tomatoes and fresh veg... I can see I shall have to be more adventurous in my choices!

I had a rubbish day on Tuesday - book club in the evening and I completely blew my syns on crisps, bombay mix, wine and milk tray - serves me right for being in a rush and not having time for a proper dinner!

Much better yesterday - managed to keep the syns low to make up for the day before!

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight
Lunch: Pasta, pesto, chicken (HEB+3 syns), leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms (4 syns)
Dinner: Banana, velevet crunch (6 syns?), glass wine (5 syns), bombay mix (6 syns?), 2 milk tray choccies (6 syns?) All syns except wine guesstimates!
Total syns for day: 30

Weds: Green
Brekkie: Kellogg's Fibre plus (HEB), ff yoghurt
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), rice, mixed veg
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns), ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 48

Pretty good day again today!

Got some of my bras out of my - 'I'll get into them again one day!' bag... Some have gone straight from too small to too big! Part of the reason for that though is that in the five years plus since I've worn them, my boobs have got a lot saggier! Think my days of low cut, lacy bras are well and truly over!!! :eek:

Thursday: Green
Brekkie: Magic porridge (HEB), mixed fruit
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), noodles, lots of stir fry veg in chilli soy sauce
Snack: KitKat (5.5 yns)

Total syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 53.5

Spanx said:
Pretty good day again today!

Got some of my bras out of my - 'I'll get into them again one day!' bag... Some have gone straight from too small to too big! Part of the reason for that though is that in the five years plus since I've worn them, my boobs have got a lot saggier! Think my days of low cut, lacy bras are well and truly over!!! :eek:

LOL ! Well done in the NSV :)

Glad today was a bit better. Good luck for tomorrow.

Gail x

Thanks Gail. Well, WI this morning and only 0.5lb off. This is starting to bug me! :mad:

I've had a good week. I did go out for a meal last night, but was still well within my weekly syns.

Friday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), activia ff yoghurt, mixed fruit
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Chicken, gammon, cheese (HEA), bbq sauce (3 syns), chips (8 syns),peas, large salad of lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, red onion.

Total syns for day: 11

Total syns for week: 64.5 (6 days only, as last WI a day late!)

So, any thoughts gratefully received!

I won't be weighing-in next weekend, as I'm away from Friday to Sunday night, so next WI will be 2 April. I am now 2lbs behind in my 1lb a week target to get to 13st by 16 April and with a long girly weekend in Jersey next week, I think it's unlikely that I'll lose much next week!

Ok, so I've calmed down a bit now and also avoided a blow-out (and with a box of Milk Tray that a well-meaning friend brought round the other night, believe me, it was a hard blow-out to avoid!).

Saturday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed fruit
Late Lunch: Chicken breast, apple
Dinner: Chicken, small baked potato, green beans, mushrooms, couple of spoons of ainsley harriot's chilli and lime quinoa and basmati (didn't like it, hence the late addition of a baked potato!)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 5.5

Well done for avoiding the milk tray.Don't be to hard on yourself hun.I think your girly weekend in Jersey sounds great,hope you have a great time:).Hope your having a nice sunday.Great nsv.x

Thanks Surreygal and well done on your fab loss this week!

Took my son out for a curry tonight, as he hasn't been for ages and I keep going on the nights he's with his Dad, so he was getting peeved! Our local curry house is like our second home - we've been going there for about 15 years and my son had his first trip there at 3 weeks old (not that he ate any curry!)

So, I think I got through about 20 syns, but not too worried, as A) I really enjoyed it and B) I only had 5.5 syns yesterday!

Sunday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), activia ff yog, fresh fruit
Lunch:Chicken breast, green beans, mushrooms
Dinner: 1.5 poppadums (6 syns), chicken dhansak (10 syns - didn't eat it all!), a few chips (4 syns), boiled rice

Total syns: 20
Week so far: 25.5

Well done on avoiding the milk tray and for having a lovely curry :)

I know it's hard when you feel the losses are slow but they all add up. Are you enjoying your food ? Are you slowly but surely making progress ? Yes (hopefully to both). For me, if/when I get to target, nothing will change I hope so I intend to stick to the plan otherwise I am pretty certain I will put it all back on. So it doesn't make any difference when I get there because I have made progress and will continue what I'm doing now anyway. Hopefully you feel the same (or similar at least).

Hope you have a lovely week and fantastic weekend away.

Gail x

Back