Down with Spanx!

Had a great day yesterday trying on lots of old clothes and seeing just how huge they were! Best Christmas present this year!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! xxx

:Christmas02r::109::47::48::xmastree:

Hmmm, well, Christmas day and Boxing Day weren't too far off plan (except for the alcohol!!), but since then I've had a major blowout! Need to get back on track and quickly too, before I go back over 200lbs!

I bought some lovely new clothes in the per una sale - all in a size 18, so if I don't keep on track they're not going to fit! Have hung them up on the back of my bedroom door as incentive...!

Christmas Eve was lovely, as I sorted out 2 bin bags full of clothes that are way too big - will take them up to the charity shop next week! I even tried on my old size 24 jeans, just to see, and boy oh boy were they mahoosive! I found a cinema ticket in the pocket from March 2010, which was obviously the last time I wore them... by March 2011, I will be a 16-18, so that will be a pretty good result!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, whether on plan or not! xxx

I found all the sales were missing the 18's I wanted, you must have had them Spanx :p Great feeling to get rid of the too big clothes isn't it, well done on your huge loss so far :)

Lol -sorry Emmylou, but I just couldn't resist! Asked my folks for vouchers for Christmas so I could go and choose some new clothes, they gave me some vouchers but I also ended up spending the same amount online! :eek:

Still, that's my wardrobe for the rest of winter/start of spring sorted out - by the time summer comes along I will need to go and get some summer clothes - hopefully in a 14-16! :D

Spanx,

I have only read the last page or so of your diary but I too can relate to pretty much everything you say here (and had a few smiles at the same time !). As smartie said to me on my post 'get out of my head - it's a scary place to be !!!!'. Nice to see that someone else has the same battles as I do. Thanks for writing it down though :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail - it does really help to know that everyone has the same ups and downs doesn't it?!

I just can't get back into it this week - I haven't been really bad, but I haven't been completely on plan either. Expecting a gain on Saturday...especially after NYE with wine and champers! :eek:

It completely does. One day at a time though when it's difficult. Good luck. I will be watching you.

I seem to be back on track now (which is a relief) although I have eaten a LOT of food today (mostly 'good' food and all on plan) so I'm hoping that the 'Capricorn' way of life works for me too.....!

See you around !

Gail x

Morning all and a very Happy (and slim!) New Year! xxx

Well, as expected after a mega New Year's Eve blow out that included curry, champagne, wine, baileys, vodka and two rounds of bacon sandwiches on white bread for a hangover breakfast(!), I had a 1lb gain this week. Still reasonably happy with that - I have enjoyed my Christmas and New Year - I haven't eaten loads of rubbish, but I haven't denied myself either! If I could do that every year, I'd take putting 1lb on!!! At least I know it's going to come off again quickly!

So, back on track now - I would say from today, but my Mum is cooking a family New Year's Dinner, so that won't be entirely on plan, although should be within daily syns! So, I shall say back on plan 100% from tomorrow...!

Well done Spanx. I would say that was an excellent result. You sound 'in good spirits' and have had a great time so I look forward to hearing about your losses from now on.

Gail x

Thanks Gail - I am feeling good and raring to go! So much so, I am taking a large, unopened box of Hotel Chocolat choccies I was given for Christmas to my parents as a new year's gift - to get them out of my house!!!! No more Christmas goodies left in the house now!

Hi Spanx,

Good for you (and then make sure they open them in front of you so that you try one as part of your syns !!!).

Anyway, I am so proud of you ! Hope you have a lovely day.

Gail x

I deserve a medal today, or maybe even a sainthood, or, at the very least a Blue Peter badge!

Not only did I give away all my Christmas choccies, but I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and found my old toasted sandwich maker. My son, who was being very helpful decided he wanted a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch...one of my favourite things in the world! I made him 2 toasties and didn't even have a crumb! *Pats self on back!* My baked potato and beans didn't seem quite so appetising with the gorgeous smell of cheese toastie wafting across the kitchen though! :rolleyes::D

I think that you've done brilliantly, such a small gain over the festive period and being able to gift your choc's, hopefully the SW gods will see you have a good loss next week, as you utterly deserve it!

Q

You deserve a medal. I'm not bothered about cheese toasties unless I can smell them and then I think they are the tastiest thing in the world !!!!

Well done.

Gail x

Well day 2 of the 100% back on plan and it's still going well! Glad to be getting into some kind of routine again now though, with my son going back to school tomorrow.

I watched the new series of Biggest Loser US tonight - some of the contestants were so overweight it made me feel slim. But some of the female contestants were not much more than I was 6 months ago... I hope it's true what they say about the camera putting on 10lbs, or that they were a lot shorter than I am, because I still don't think I looked like that. Mind you, how many times did I actually look at myself in my undies in a full length mirror? Make that...never!

I'd read somewhere that their 'weeks' are more like two, but even still, there were men losing 2 stone at the first weigh in!

So, today was a green day and looked like this:

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)

Dinner: Chilli chicken (1.5 HEB), onions, mushrooms, oven chips (5 syns)

Snacks: Apple, clementine

Total syns for day: 5

I think that you've done brilliantly, such a small gain over the festive period and being able to gift your choc's, hopefully the SW gods will see you have a good loss next week, as you utterly deserve it!

Q

Thanks Queenie - how lovely to see you back! Happy (and slim) New Year...! x

well done to the two 100% days and well done for not touching that toastie!! :happy096:

I'm now back, glad that I haven't done too much damage in the past month! lets work hard towards our goal!

Another 100% day - isn't it great when you're feeling really motivated? I worked out a target for the end of May today, as that's when I'm next hoping to have a holiday... At an average of just over 1lb a week, my target is to be 12.5 stone... that will be almost 4.5stone lighter than on my holiday at the same time in 2010. Bring it on!

Thursday: Green

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), banana
Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), beans
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (5 syns), mushrooms, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 10.5
Total syns Monday-Thurs: 25.5

Hi Spanx,

You and I are soooo similar. I'm also going on holiday in late spring/early summer and hoping to be something similar by then. Am planning on going shopping big style for then/then !!!! Am so delighted that things are going well this year for you. I will be watching your progress :)

Gail x

Back