Down with Spanx!

Hi spanx!
Just had to comment about the C25K podcast. I too have always hated running but I downloaded the app and started last week and I actually loved it.
Am repeating week one this week but hope to move on very soon :)
Good luck!
Xxx

corsacar said:
Hi spanx!
Just had to comment about the C25K podcast. I too have always hated running but I downloaded the app and started last week and I actually loved it.
Am repeating week one this week but hope to move on very soon :)
Good luck!
Xxx

We can be virtual training partners Corsacar! I've listened to the first week once, while walking, just to get an idea what it might be like - am planning on starting tomorrow. Pretty daunting for someone who hasn't even run for a bus for about 20 years! Good luck and let me know how you're getting on!

OK, so new sports bra and running shoes purchased, podcast on ipod and I'm ready to go in the morning! Let's hope it's not peeing it down! :D

Had a reasonable day today - did have another lunch out (Jan is proving v. expensive for both syns and cash!!!) - ate at wagamamas again and had a new dish - chicken donburi. No idea what the syns were, but most of it was steamed rice, grilled chicken, watercress and grated carrot - so only syns will be in teryaki sauce, of which there wasn't loads, so I'm going to count 10 syns to be on the safe side!

Had my magic porridge this morning - not usually a cereal fan, but I have to say it was very filling and quite palatable! Had it with raspberry and cranberry mullerlight and mixed berries. Have made some for tomorrow with banana and custard mullerlight, so we'll see what that tastes like!

Also had a bowl of the leek and potato soup I made last night - yum! I didn't put any milk in, as I don't really like it, so I put a bit of extra potato in to make it creamy once blended. Will definitely make again!

Monday: Green

Brekkie: Magic porridge (HEB), mixed berries
Lunch: Chicken (HEB) donburi (10 syns?)
Dinner: Leek and potato soup, baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)

Total syns for day: 10
Total syns week so far: 14.5

Oooh, I ache this morning - and that's after only half an hour of walking/jogging... :eek:

Still, onwards and upwards! Did 15 mins on my vibration plate this morning, on a fairly relaxed setting, just to get the muscles to loosen up - seems to have done the trick!

Tuesday: Green day

Brekkie: Magic Porridge (HEB) (banana and custard mullerlight - yum!), mixed berries
Lunch: Syn free leek and potato soup, bachelors low fat sweet thai chilli noodles
Dinner: Turkey (HEB), oven chips (4 syns), baked beans
Snacks: Apple, satsuma, skinny cow mini dipper (3 syns - well worth it - yum!)

Total syns: 7
Total for week: 21.5

The chocolate fairy visited tonight - well, it was cold and I was out at the footy! I had 37.5g of dairy milk, which I work out to be about 10 syns - soooo not worth it!

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: Magic Porridge (HEB), mixed berries
Lunch: Cauliflower and chick pea curry, baked potato
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), chicken (HEB)
Snack: Chocolate (10 syns)

Total for day: 12
Week so far: 33.5

Week 1, day 2 of C25K tomorrow - hope my aching legs have recovered enough! :eek:

Last edited:
Challenge 25K?? What is this??

Also agreed on the Dairy Milk :p Maybe go for something else next time!

Hi Kiki - C25K is a running programme that helps you get from not running at all to running 5KM in 10 weeks. I downloaded a podcast from the NHS which you play while you're out running/jogging - it's great! You start off with walking and jogging in intervals and build up to all running over the ten weeks.

Week 1, day 2 today and I noticed I covered more ground, so either walking or jogging slightly faster! My legs still feel like lead though... :eek:

Day after Week 1, day 2 and I don't ache - progress!

Yesterday turned into a bit of a disaster foodwise though...had some friends round for dinner. I'd cooked some low-syn pasta dishes and salad, but two glasses of wine and three profiteroles didn't help!

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Magic Porridge (HEB), mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, cauliflower and chickpea curry
Dinner: Pasta with bacon, mushrooms and cherry toms + pasta with pesto, peas, leeks, chicken (2 syns), lots of salad, 2 small glasses wine (10 syns), 3 profiteroles (11.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 23.5
Week so far: 57

Actually I think that yesterday's food looks ok. You had a lovely meal and used a few syns but looks like you'll come in at the end of the week on target. So don't feel guilty, that's what syns are there for.

Hope you had a good night.

Gail x

Those reasons you gave at the start of this blog were hilarious Spanx (Hallo, newbie alert.)

I have my own to offer though - the reasons I decided to loose weight.

1,The humiliation of getting onto a ride at a theme park and having not one, but TWO cute guys only a little younger than you fail to squish you in. AFTER CALLING YOU MA'AM!!!! Then having to get off and be given compensatory free passes to other rides that you can't go on.

2,Walking down the street and having folks literally step into the gutter 'to give you room to pass'.

3, People giving up their seat for you thinking that you're pregnant.

Though actually that one comes in handy!

Thanks Gail! I know it wasn't too bad, but I had been hoping for a much better week this week after all the meals out last! I did have a lovely night catching up on all the gossip with friends, so it was worth it!

Hi there Finickity and welcome to Minimins! I can relate to your experiences - I got to the stage on a plane where I almost needed the extender seatbelt and pulling the tray down required me to breathe in tight!

Also, I was very naughty one night and parked in the parent and child spots at the local supermarket (it was raining and I was lazy, what can I say?!) - when a woman getting into her car with a baby said 'these are for parents and babies' I stuck my stomach out and said 'well, mine's nearly here...!' How awful is that?! :eek:

But, don't worry - you can get there! Especially with the support and advice you will find on this site - it's fabulous!

So, I lost 1lb this week. If I'm honest I was hoping for more, as I'd had a STS last week. But, I've shocked my system this week by starting a running programme and doing a couple of sessions on the wii fit and vibration plates. I've also started eating breakfast properly every morning to make sure I can manage my runs, plus I'm feeling rather bloated and constipated... so maybe all those things have slowed my losses this week.

And we all know (altogether now!) - a lb gone is still a lb gone and it's all going in the right direction!

Have a good weekend everyone! x

Sounds like you had a great night with your friends,the meal sounds lovely ,a good gossip and a glass of wine:D lovely.
Well done on your loss and all the exercise.Have a good week:).x

Well done Spanx. A lb is a lb. All in the right direction.

Hope this week goes well for you.

Gail x

Thanks ladies!

Well, the weekend didn't go so well on the food front - a 40th birthday party last night and then a meal out with my son today... It could have been worse though!

I completed Week 1 of my C25K programme this morning, but I think I will do the week 1 run at least once more, as I don't feel ready for any more just yet! Still, I covered a little more ground than I did on Thursday and I didn't ache as much afterwards, so I'm confident I'm making progress!

Saturday: Green
Brekkie: Alpen light (3 syns), mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)
Dinner: (Buffet) Potato wedges (8 syns? don't know if baked or fried, but not too greasy!), 2 quarters of wholemeal bread sandwich with cheese (HEB+ HEA) and salad, one small veggie spring roll (8 syns?), 2 small chicken kebabs (HEB), half a wrap with salad (5 syns?), yoghurt ad mint dip (3 syns? probably not ff yoghurt!), one slice of cake (8 syns?), 1 small chocolate (3 syns?), 3 vodkas (7.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 51? (Crikey, buffets are lethal!)

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: Magic porridge (HEB), mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken teryaki donburi (HEB+8 syns?)
Snack: Apple, satsuma, ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 8

Total syns week so far: 59
Syns left for week: 46

Last edited:
I've tried the c25k before. I think that got me to run 2-3 times a week which is good. I did that before my wedding to give weight loss a boost, but stopped straight after my wedding so I still can't run 5k yet lol.

Hi Dream - how far through the programme did you get? I've only just finished week 1 and to be honest, I think I might do at least one more week 1 run, before tackling week 2, as I'm so unfit!

Although in my mind I flexi-synned the 50 odd syns on Saturday night, I've decided to keep it in my syns tally for the week, to see if I can keep under the 105 weekly limit anyway. I've had a couple of really slow weeks, so I need to try and get a decent loss this week! I've got some friends coming round for dinner tomorrow, but I should be able to keep that pretty low-syn and apart from that, there's no reason why I can't have a good week!

Didn't do too badly today:

Monday: Green day

Brekkie: Magic porridge (HEB), mixed fruit
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (2xHEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (3 syns), broccoli, mushrooms, chicken (HEB)
Snack: ff yoghurt, apple

Total syns for day: 3
Week so far: 62
Left for week: 43

Did another week 1 run yesterday and decided I might repeat the whole week as I still don't feel ready to move on to week 2...so another 2 week 1 runs coming up!

Didn't have a great day trying to keep syns level down either!

Tuesday: EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB), apple
Lunch: (Harvester) Chicken and bacon stack with cheese (HEA) and tiny bit of BBQ sauce (1 syn), peas, few chips (3 syns), large bowl free salad (ie nothing with dressings!)
Dinner: Spag bol with extra courgettes and mushrooms, salad, skinny cow mini dipper (3 syns), small glass wine (5 syns)

Total syns for day: 12
So far this week: 74
Left: 31

I had another EE day today, as I'd got lots of Spag Bol that needed eating up and an already full-to-bursting freezer!

Made the spag bol yesterday with 2 spag bol oxo cubes, as I had no fresh herbs. I have to say I was very impressed with the result! I only added garlic and a bit of hot pepper sauce, extra lean mince and 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and courgettes...will definitely use those cubes again!

Wednesday: EE day
Brekkie: magic porridge (HEB) with mixed
fruit
Lunch: Spag bol, pasta, salad
Pre-footy snack: Baked potato, spoon of spag bol
Footy snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)
Post-footy snack: bachelors low fat noodles, big bowl of salad

Total syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 79.5
Left: 25.5

Back