Down with Spanx!

Have never heard of those herb cubes, will look for them and try out! Sounds yum!

Certainly a useful storecupboard standby dream!

I didn't go for a run yesterday, as my back was hurting. I've suffered with back pain from a bulging disc at various times over the last 20 years, but it wasn't until it came back yesterday that I realised I haven't had so much pain in the last few months - another positive result from losing weight!

Thursday: Green day
Brekkie: Magic porridge (HEB), mixed fruit
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), beans, oven chips (3 syns) - son wanted comfort food for tea and I was feeling lazy!
Snacks: apple, banana

Total syns for day: 3
So far this week: 82.5
Left: 22.5

Still no run today - but determined to go tomorrow, especially as my new running gear has arrived! I thought it was about time I got some new gear, after my tracky bottoms nearly fell off as I was running last week! (Wow, that felt good to write!)

So I've opted for some proper running gear in the hope that if I look more like a proper runner, I will feel more like a proper runner!!!

WI tomorrow and not sure what to expect. I've eaten breakfast every day this week, which is unusual for me, but I've been very 'bunged up' for a couple of weeks, so not sure which way it's going to go! I've also had more syns this week than normal and I've only guestimated those, after a buffet last weekend, so wish me luck!

Friday: Green
Brekkie: All Bran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed fruit
Lunch: Baked potato, beans cheese (HEA)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (3 syns), chicken (HEB)

Total syns for day: 3
Total for week: 85.5

I feel like I've been lurking long enough..... :hide:....Hiya!

Good luck with your WI tomorrow!

Oh and well done with your tracky bum situation! :8855:

Hi there hondapeeps and welcome! :welcome:
Is the honda referencing bikes or cars, or the place you work? Sorry, just nosy!

Well, 1lb off this morning - better than nothing, but not as much as I'd have liked! (Story of my life lately!)

Still, that's 1lb closer to my target and now less than 40lbs left to lose. Getting closer to that bmi of 30 and total weight loss of 20%, so got to keep at it!

More superfree and less carbs for me this week...at least that's the plan. And I'm hoping that a bowl of allbran for breakfast each morning might loosen things up! :eek:

Is the honda referencing bikes or cars, or the place you work? Sorry, just nosy!

Well I has nothing to do with motors as all. Where I used to work a friend used to sing the Beach Boys song 'Help me Rhonda' whenever he needed a hand. Anyway we all had nicknames and mine developed from Rhonda (not my name) to R Honda as in our Rhonda and then just to Honda.....must be a bloke thing. :crazy:

A lb is a lb Spanx, at least its going in the right direction! :clap:

All bran works wonders too, that stuff will shift anything....:sign0131:

Ah, a 'man thing' - say no more! I nosied at your profile and see you are a cake baker - well done for avoiding temptation every day of the week then!!! :happy096:

I am feeling really proud of myself - it's blowing a gale, but I still decided to go for a run. I went and got changed and by the time I got downstairs it was also raining... Now, normally, that would be a cue to give up, but NO, this new, determined me who has arrived from nowhere still went out and did my 30 mins in strong winds and driving rain! Yay me! I soooo deserve the hot bath I'm about to have in the middle of the day - how indulgent! :D

Wow - I am so impressed at your determination to run. Well done. I still can't run because of my knee :-( and I think it will be at least a couple more weeks yet :-(.

Well done on your loss this week. 1lb is absolutely fine and NOT to be sniffed at !!! You and I are still pretty much on par :). Although I may be overtaking you (in the wrong direction !) this week due to my weekend away flexi synning :eek:.

Hope you have a good week and well done again. :clap:

Gail x

I dont really do cake anymore, well not since I started doing them full time :jelous: Think I overdosed

Well done, super impressed with your motivation. :eek: I bought a new pair of tracky bums this afternoon....will see if that spurs on some running ;)

Thanks Gail and Honda!

Gail, I saw about your weekend on your diary thread - sounds like it will be worth a gain! I seriously think we need the occasional blow out, physically, to shake the system up a bit, and mentally, to stop us getting bored and/or complacent! I'm sure that even if you do have a gain, it will soon be off again!

Honda, hope your tracky bums inspire some sweating!

I was checking my weight loss spreadsheet (yes, I know, geek alert!) this morning and realised that in 36 weeks, I've only had 3 gains - all explainable - a weekend away, holiday and Christmas - and one STS. That's something to be proud of! I'm also still ahead of my 1lb a week overall target, which means I should reach my 10st 12 target by the end of this year, even at this slow pace. So, instead of grumbling about 1lb a week losses, I'm going to celebrate the fact that I can lose 1lb a week and still eat the things I like! :)

Saturday: Green
Brunch: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed fruit
Snack: Post-run banana
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (3 syns), chicken (HEB), broccoli, leeks, mushrooms, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Microwave popcorn (10 syns) (watching film with son - saturday night treat!)

Total for day: 13

I am also super impressed with your determination to run.go you:D:D Your last post was really motivating.Have a good week:)x

Well done! I've yet to gain ( being so new) but I reckon I can bear it if I think about it like that, so cheers.
I maintained last week, but that was wholly due to having a bad day on the Friday (star week, burgeoning head cold and my depression playing up combined) and had a go at flexible syns with an entire pizza. I've attempted to be much more disciplined this week so fingers crossed for WI tomorrow.
I still however can't seem so get the exercise thing going, so so I commend you for the running - the determination was fantastic. I'm afraid I don't think I'll ever 'get' the jogger mentality, but faced with that much weather (I hate wind) I would never leave the house even if I did, so yey you!

Honda - I love your nickname! I only ever got 'Hel' so boring!

Can I just ask though, what is magic porridge? And I hear you on the bunged up front, may have to break the resolve of a life time and try bran soon, urgh (hehe)

Speak to yo all soon! Thank you for letting me butt in x

Thanks Surreygal, Kellie and Finickity! I think sometimes we all need a bit of perspective!

Here's my NSV for the day - I bought a couple of longer length jumpers for work in BHS on Monday - thought I'd better get a size 20 as I still have substantial boobs and a rather rotund belly! Tried them on this morning and they're both far too big! WOOHOO! Thought I might keep them, as bound to shrink them in the wash at some point, but NO - am going to take them back and proudly change them for 18s (which I will try on in the shop this time!!!)

Finickity, magic porridge is great for a fast brekkie! You take 28g oats (which doesn't look a lot to start off with, but swells overnight) and mix with your favourite flavour of mullerlight. Leave it in the fridge overnight and the oats swell and soften with the yoghurt, so you get a lovely creamy brekkie for one HEB and you can save your HEA for milk or cheese! My favourite is currently magic porridge made with mullerlight banana and custard flavour, topped with some defrosted frozen berries - yum! (you are supposed to have a ryvita or scan bran too as part of the HEB - I often save it til later in the day!)

I also find that all bran is much better with a mullerlight than with milk (mind you, I'm not a fan of milk anyway!) - I do the same with that - put the yoghurt on, leave it half an hour or so to soften and then add some berries. It's been working on the bunged-upness too! :D

Great NSV. I TOTALLY agree - must take back and get the smaller size, even if you're not quite in the 18 (which you probably will be) because you'll be in them in no time.

I agree - only 3 gains in 36 weeks is brilliant ! Shows how determined and committed you are.

Hope the running is going well.

Gail x

P.S. To Finickity - don't worry - I have only had 3 STS and 1 gain in 25 weeks and 1 of the STS was near the beginning with a pizza fest night too. I would recommend trying to have flexi nights on something other than pizza on the whole but if pizza is what you crave, then do it occasionally. Good luck.

Evening all! Well, Gail, I took the jumpers back today and I am now the proud owner of two size 18s! I've been an 18 in skirts for a while and an 18-20 in jeans, but still a 22 in tops, largely because of the size of my boobs, so an 18 feels like a real achievement!

The second achievement is that neither jumper was black! One is a minky brown colour and the other is a greyish blue. I've been wearing black for so long, I've forgotten how to wear colours, so no doubt I will feel a little self-conscious in lighter colours.

Anyway, no running this week, as my back has been playing up. I've suffered for the last 20 years or so, since I slipped a disc playing hockey. It's at that stage where it feels like it might go, so I decided better safe than sorry and have stuck to walking this week instead. Have also done some pilates to stretch the spine, as that always helps. Hopefully I will be back in the running zone soon!

Right, I've got lots of food days to catch up on, so better get that done:

Sunday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed fruit
Lunch: Carvery - turkey, gammon, 2 roast potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, spoon of mash, cauliflower with as little of the cheese sauce as possible(!), peas, gravy. Not sure of the syns, so going to count 10 for 2 roasties, a smidgen of cheese sauce and the gravy...
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), mushrooms

Total syns: 12.5

Monday: EE day
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, raspberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Sainsburys bgty sausages (2 syns), oven chips (4 syns), leeks, mushrooms, apple
Snack: Skinny cow mini dipper (3.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 9.5

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Apple, banana
Dinner: (out at friends, ended up with takeaway...) poppadom (4 syns), chicken dhansak (HEB+12 syns), mushroom pilau (half portion - 2 syns)

Total syns: 18

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), mushrooms, leeks, peas, cheese (HEA)
Snack: (Hungry monster attacked!) Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed fruit

Total syns: 4

Total syns so far this week: 57

Evening all! Well, Gail, I took the jumpers back today and I am now the proud owner of two size 18s! I've been an 18 in skirts for a while and an 18-20 in jeans, but still a 22 in tops, largely because of the size of my boobs, so an 18 feels like a real achievement!

The second achievement is that neither jumper was black! One is a minky brown colour and the other is a greyish blue. I've been wearing black for so long, I've forgotten how to wear colours, so no doubt I will feel a little self-conscious in lighter colours.

Anyway, no running this week, as my back has been playing up. I've suffered for the last 20 years or so, since I slipped a disc playing hockey. It's at that stage where it feels like it might go, so I decided better safe than sorry and have stuck to walking this week instead. Have also done some pilates to stretch the spine, as that always helps. Hopefully I will be back in the running zone soon!

Oh Spanx, you and I are so similar in quite a few ways ! Well done on not buying black - that is a big step forward :)

Bottom size 16 M&S ie big sizes (starting to get a bit loose now but probably not near a 14 yet)
Tops - at least 18 M&S but some things still a 20. Also big boobs and also tend to wear tops a bit baggy.

I'm also not exercising at the moment because I have a problem with my knee. But planning to do some pilates soon (!) too because many of the exercises that the physio has given me are pilates (and my legs are so weak) so that should be helpful.

Glad you are having a good week. I'm looking forward to hearing more NSV's from you :)

Gail x

Hi Gail, it was a physio that got me into pilates too, with specific exercises to stretch the spine and strengthen my non-existent stomach muscles (damaged by nasty caesarian...). At first I thought Pilates would be easy - but it definitely isn't! I ache all over after a session!

I bought the new Slimming World Italian cookbook this week (£9.99 from Amazon). It's got some really tasty-looking recipes in it, including lots which look fancy enough for dinner parties - not that I have lots of those, unless you count having the girlies round for a gossip evening. Anyway, it seems well worth £9.99 to me and I'm looking forward to trying a few recipes.

I'm going to try going for a run tomorrow - if my back starts to hurt, I will slow down to a walk again - but even a brisk walk is better than no exercise!

Thursday: Green
Breakfast: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight (I'm becoming addicted to breakfast, amazing how quickly you can get used to something - what's more, I even like Allbran!)
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (going to have to count 2xHEA and 3 syns for the cheese, as the woman in the local cafe put loads on!)
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, leeks, peas
Snack: Skinny Cow mini dipper (3.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 10.5
So far this week: 67.5

I have that book too but haven't done anything from it. Let me know how you get on please :)

Gail x

I'm entirely the opposite bodyshape wise. I'm a 20 or so top (hopefully 18 some day soon!) and used to be a 24 bottom due to my epic Hottentot type arse. I say used to be 24 because I actually wore 22 jeans the other day, but they were elasticated so only counting it as half a squee.

That's a really good record too! Only one gain is very much something to be proud of. I had a geek-out moment yesterday and sat and produced a graph in excel, one line showing progress and the other showing targets starting with my club 10. I plotted in allowances for gains after events like holidays and Christmas, so I'm hoping that once I get below the target line I'll stay there and even if I gain a bit one week as long as I'm near the line I won't count it as 'in trouble'. That's kind of crazy but I'm trying to set mechanisms in place so that if I gain a little I won't spiral off into depressive mode. ( have been off work with depression for over a year now, only just feeling strong enough to think about work etc and don't want to jeopardise it!)

Anyway, yep, geeky graphs r us!

Thanks for the magic porridge thing, I'll have to try that, may even give bran a go if we get them in, would never spend money on it, but quite happy to experiment on my boyfriends breakfast.

The pizza-pigout was because I was having a dreadful day and arrived home to a voucher book on the door mat. When it comes to craving takeaways I'm an equal ops kind of girl!

Back