Down with Spanx!

Hi Spanx,

I was surprised to see you on here in daylight hours !!!! Eating out a lot particularly where you don't have much choice on the meal is pretty difficult so you have done well. I have also only done a couple of red days since starting. I don't seem to get on too well with them but don't know whether I do them properly. Sounds like you have done your best. Well done and fingers crossed for Sunday.

Gail x

I know Gail - it felt weird!! Was working from home yesterday, so made time to pop on and update my diary...

Had a bit of a disaster today. My son decided he wanted a full cooked breakfast, so we had that for brunch - no problem - low-syn and lots of superfree mushrooms and toms.

Trouble was that I was starving by the time I got back late from the footy and had to meet a friend straight away for dinner at the local curry house. Unfortunately, that started a blow-out...:eek: So not at all hopeful for WI in the morning!

Friday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: Large salad, baked potato, chicken with bacon, cheese (3 syns), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 9.5

Saturday: EE
Brunch: 2 sainsburys BGTY sausages (2 syns), bacon, poached egg, beans, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms
Dinner: 1.5 poppadoms (6 syns), 2 onion bhajis (10 syns?), chicken dhansak (12 syns), boiled rice, 2 glasses wine (10 syns)
Total syns: 45.5!!!!!!

Syns for week: 113 :rolleyes:

Ooops......never mind, these things happen and actually you aren't too much over on your syns for the week. It probably will affect this weeks weigh in but not much/if at all probably in the longer term so don't worry too much about tomorrow's weigh in and get back to it. We all have weeks like this and it's just part of life - during or after SW losses. Good that you can still do it :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail, but have to report in with a 2lbs gain...:eek:

Hopefully at least 1lb of that is due to the blowout last night and will disappear as quickly as it arrived! :D

I was annoyed about it this morning, but have given myself a stern talking to and know that there's no reason I can't have a good result next week!

Sadly, it does mean that I'm 3lbs off my 4st shiny and have missed my target for achieving that. I now need to pull it back and lose 9.5lbs in 6 weeks to make my next target...

Hi Spanx,

2lbs (particularly on the night after a 'big' eating night) is nothing. I'm not at all surprised. After a big meal out, I often gain 2-4 lbs the next morning which usually comes off in 1-3 days. So, actually I think you should be quite pleased about 2lbs considering the week that you had. It also means that you should be on for a really good loss next week which will be fun. So go for it this week and I look forward to hearing about your loss next week.

Targets are great for keeping you focused but only if you don't become demotivated if you aren't hitting them. Target or no target, you are doing a great job so be proud :)

Gail x

Don't worry about a little 2lb gain. After all what is 2lbs when you look at how far you have come? You'll have that 2lbs & many more shifted in no time at all. Chances are that your body was more than likely retaining water too due to richer & saltier food :)

Thanks Gail and Sweet Pink, I know you're both right and I am feeling much more positive today!

I avoided a sneaky peek at the scales this morning, as I thought that if the Saturday night curry blow out hadn't worked its way out of my system on the scales this morning, I would have continued to feel bad all week! So I shall just hope for the best and keep plodding on this week.

Had kind of an NSV this morning, when I got beeped at by a group of 'spotty youths' in a white van whilst walking to work!!! :eek:

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: Magic porridge (HEB) made with muller light, fresh strawberries
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), chicken (HEB)
Snacks: Half a pint lager (5 syns), alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns for day: 10.5

woooohooooo spotty youths in a van ;) Whats a teeny weeny gain when you get beeped at??? I had my own little NSV though its nowhere near as exciting or flattering as yours. My daughter was playing with her camera & was showing me all of her 'headless' pics (shes only 3) & I stopped at one & asked her how that was. She thought it was hilarious coz it was me. Just goes to show how long it takes the brain to catch upwith the scales!!! :D

Awww, Sweet, that's fab! It is amazing though isn't it, how we can perceive ourselves as completely different to how we actually look! I had to do a double take this morning to check that a) they weren't beeping at someone else... and b) they weren't beeping at me because I'd stepped in front of a speeding car, or was about to fall down a manhole of something!

I have discovered a new way of getting my nightly sweet/chocolate fix. I put a tray of mullerlights in the freezer last week, (I'd stocked up as they were half price) and had one tonight straight from the freezer. It was kind of half frozen yoghurt, half sorbet - and it took me over half an hour to eat. Cured my late night cravings for something sweet though!

Monday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, babybel (HEA), apple
Dinner: BGTY sausages (2 syns), oven chips (4 syns), brown sauce (1 syn) grilled toms, mushrooms and peas
Snack: Banana, frozen mullerlight

Syns for day: 7
Week so far: 17.5

Another good SW day, although I think things might get a little windy in the Spanx household...! :eek:

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed fruit
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Dinner: Rice, lentil dhal, peas, mushrooms, chicken (HEB)
Snacks: Banana, shape zero yoghurt, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 23

Last edited:
Can't believe how having some sunshine makes you feel so much better! Especially as today I wore some new cropped jeans that have been in the wardrobe for at least 4 years because when I got them home from the shop way back when, they didn't fit! :D

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), shape zero
Lunch: Baked potato, ainsley harriott lentil dhal
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), chicken (HEB), leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese (HEA)
Snacks: Strawberries, mikado (3 syns)

Total syns for day: 7
Week so far: 30

Right, need to find out how many syns there are in a hot cross bun so that I can keep enough to have one at the weekend! :D

Last edited:
Mmmmmmm. I love hot cross buns. I'm not very good at the '1' bit though :eek:

Glad you had a great day though :D

Gail x

Mmmmmmm. I love hot cross buns. I'm not very good at the '1' bit though :eek:

Glad you had a great day though :D

Gail x

Ha! Sorry Gail, didn't mean to bring back bad memories!!! :p

I should have thought of you straight away though, if anyone will know how many syns there are in a hot cross bun it's you! :eek:

Found it on the syn values forum - 10 syns for a hot cross bun! And that's without the butter... still, it might just be worth it!

Oooooh yes. But only if they are very fresh. If not, would have to be toasted with butter ! Sadly, I don't think I was counting syns as I was ripping the packet open......................:eek:

Hope your experience is better :) Enjoy (and think of me as you are eating them) :D

Gail x

*Sings* 'Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day....!'

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather!

I've had a fab day sorting out my wardrobe. Last night I went to the supermarket and saw that they had 25% off all clothes (Sainsbury's) over easter weekend, so I decided to get some new trousers for my hols next month...

So, I bought 3 pairs of cropped trousers, a pair of linen shorts (yes - shorts!) and a T-shirt, all in a size 16 and all for £35! :D Now, I can't quite fit comfortably in the T-shirt, so that's my goal for next month, but the trousers and shorts all fit fine! WOOHOO! :eek:

So today I had a good old clear out and now have 5 bin bags full of clothes for the charity shop!

Also, I tried on some of my lovely undies that have been festering in a bin bag until I could get back into them - and I'm back into quite a few of them! I'm back in 36" bras (from 40" when I started) and an H cup (HH when I started). Still means there are lots of bras I can't get into, as I was a FF at my lowest adult weight, but I'm on my way!

Last edited:
All of the above ^^ is just so positive! Spanx you are ace :D

Thanks Honda - hope everything is going well for you!

So, yesterday's lower-carb day ended up looking like this:

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Weetabix crunchy bran (HEB), shape zero, strawberries
Lunch: Apple, banana, satsuma (not v.hungry, grazed on these throughout the afternoon!)
Dinner: Chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese (HEA) and BBQ sauce (1 syn), baked potato, large salad
Snack: Shape zero with strawberries, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 6.5
Week so far: 36.5

Spent most of the day doing housework, even though the weather was so nice - the house really needed a good clean! Still, at least it counts as some body magic, especially as I had the radio on loud and was dancing around with the hoover (I must have looked like the shake and vac woman!)

Friday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), shape zero, strawberries
Lunch: 2 BGTY sausages (2 syns), beans, apple, satsuma
Dinner: Chicken, bacon, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn), oven chips (4 syns), large salad

Total syns for day: 12.5
Week so far: 49

well done on the 8lbs! and just dance is a hoot! so is the michael jackson experience if you bore of those songs and want to widen ur library ;)

Back