Down with Spanx!

hi spanx well done on loosing 6lb u shud be very proud of yourself really enjoyed reading your diary keep up the good work p.s are the joes sausages nice might order some :)

clair xxxx

Hi Clair and thanks for your post! I am really proud of myself and I feel and look so much better!

The Joe's sausages tasted nice, but the skins went quite hard and rubbery - think I over-grilled them (I'm always a bit suspicious of sausages!). Next time I might do them in the grill pan, where it's easier to control the heat - my grill seems to be either on full-blast or hardly at all!

I also ordered some burgers and some of the marinated meats, so I shall be trying those and reporting back!

Well done for getting rid of your holiday gain and more besides:Dgreat work.x

Oh Wow Surreygal. Did I know that you had lost 10 stone ? That is an AMAZING amount of weight. WELL DONE.

Gail x

Oh Wow Surreygal. Did I know that you had lost 10 stone ? That is an AMAZING amount of weight. WELL DONE.

Gail x

Surreygal is amazing, isn't she! :D

Had a bit of a blowout yesterday. My Grandad had a fall and ended up in A&E (he's OK, thank goodness, just very bruised and shaken), so our Father's day lunch ended up being 4 hours late, which meant I was starving and ate everything in sight!

Sunday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch/Dinner: Pork, roast potatoes (6 syns), swede and carrot mash, cabbage, gravy (3 syns), apple pie and low fat custard (20 syns - oops!)
Snacks: 1 milk tray (3 syns), ff yoghurt, strawberries, alpen light (3 syns)

Syns today: 35 (!)

Monday:
A rather better day. I've been trying to cut down on the carbs a bit, and not doing too badly!

Monday: EE
Lunch: (in a rush, picked on stuff in the fridge!) cold chicken, cold sausage, 6 cherry tomatoes, apple
Dinner: Joe's chilli and garlic pork kebabs (very garlicky and quite hot, but yummy!), oven chips (5 syns), enormous salad
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 10.5
Week so far: 45.5 (more than the whole of last week in just two days!)

Well Done Spanx, looks like you are doing a great job! Keep it up x

Thanks Mini Mum and welcome to Minimins! Good luck on your SW journey!

Surreygal is amazing, isn't she! :D

Had a bit of a blowout yesterday. My Grandad had a fall and ended up in A&E (he's OK, thank goodness, just very bruised and shaken), so our Father's day lunch ended up being 4 hours late, which meant I was starving and ate everything in sight!

Sorry to hear your Grandad had the fall but releaved to hear that he is ok. I am sure you can be forgiven for eating everything in site just for that one day... It is suprising what stress and hunger does to us. Good to see your back on track now :D

Oh Spanx sorry to hear your grandad had a fall but pleased there were no broken bones.

Thank you for your lovely kind words and fantastic support:D I am so pleased to have found such a fabulous forum with such lovely supportive people:Dx

Gail thank you so much:) for your support it really means a lot:)x

Thanks Mini Mum and Surreygal. Unfortunately, Grandad is in hospital tonight, after falling over trying to get to the loo in the middle of the night. Trouble is the hospital don't want to keep him in, but we can't look after him at home - he's not at all mobile and can't get to the loo/have a wash etc. Have spent the day looking at care homes on the net - but I know he'll hate that option. Trying to find one that will take him temporarily, while we can assess what's best... :(

So I'm pleased to report that I've stayed on track, despite the stress...

Tuesday: EE
Lunch: Jacket potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: Pork, large salad, new potatoes
Snacks: Banana, ff yoghurt, strawberries, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5
Week so far: 51

Oh Spanx I am really sorry to hear that! Try contacted Social Services in yoru area tomorrow as they should be able to suggest some respite care for your Grandad as a temporary measure and if not that maybe a home help/carer to help at home!

Well done for staying on track today as when the stress kicks in then is the easiest time to snack/munch/pig out on all of the wrong foods!

I hope you get something sorted tomorrow hun x

Poor you and your poor Grandad. His confidence must be taking a battering as well. I hope you can sort out something that works for everyone (as well as it can under the circumstances). Fingers crossed.

However a big well done for staying on track. That is fantastic and a major achievement.

Surreygal - you totally and utterly deserve every single compliment. I must go and find your thread (you have one I think ?) because you are just quietly getting on with it and succeeding. I can't believe how totally and utterly amazing you must feel - I feel good enough after 'just' 5 stone, I can't imagine how you must feel every time you look in the mirror. It gives me goosebumps :D

Gail x

Thanks Mini - I will get onto that in the morning. The GP implied that the council would take a while to carry out an assessment etc, but that was when we were talking about longer term options, I didn't think to ring them about emergency care.

Thanks for your support Gail. I have to say it's heartbreaking to see him losing his independence. He's 90 and until now has been completely with it and very active. Suddenly, in the last 4 months or so, he's just gone downhill. His world has closed in around him, as he's not able to get out as much and he's become really forgetful. My cousin said that when she phoned him last week, he didn't know who she was. I can't help but feel that if he has to go into a home, it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Hope you are feeling more motivated Gail - I'm sure that you'll be firing on all cylinders soon!

Surreygal hasn't got a diary - I usually catch up with her here, or on the Queensize to Princess team thread. She is a complete inspiration and has spurred me on no end!

Had a better day yesterday, both on the SW-front and regarding Grandad.

The physio at the hospital agreed that he can't be left alone at the moment, so he's being kept in hospital until they can move him to a smaller rehabilitation unit, where they will assess his capabilities and hopefully help us to decide what happens next.

It was such a relief to know that he will be in hospital for at least another few days. It was hugely stressful thinking that either we would have to make a snap decision to put him in a care home for a while, or that he would have to try and cope at home with carers, so very relieved now! At least we can take a little more time to think about the best option and discuss it with him as he starts to feel better.

So, all in all, pretty pleased that I managed to stay on track again!

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), broccoli, mushrooms, peas, cheese (HEA)
Snacks: Strawberries, ff yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 9.5
Week so far: 60.5

So, just about back on track syns-wise, but still going to be having more than usual this week... let's hope it doesn't have too much of an effect at WI.

Have got my race for life on Sunday and so far this week I haven't managed to get out on a run, so not feeling too confident about my chances of running more than about half of it. Still, that's a heck of a lot more than I could have done 6 months ago! :D

Glad to hear that you have some extra time to sort out things about your grandad and so your doing better with SW because of that. Good luck with Race for Life - You'll do really well :D Xx

Good news about your Grandad and you :). Re: race for life just start really really slowly and keep going. You'll be amazed how far you can actually get !!! Good luck.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Ha ha Gail - I never get any faster than 'really slow'!!!

I see from the weather forecast that we are going to have a really hot day on Sunday too - just when I could have done with some clouds!

Grandad is still in hospital. It is so sad to see him, he's really confused, doesn't want us to leave him there and, when he is lucid, extremely frustrated at his lack of physical and mental capability. Still, the nurses in the ward he is on are lovely and I have no doubt that they are taking good care of him and he's in the best place at the moment.

Managed another on-track day, although I was running around a lot, so had to make do with eating the same thing for lunch and dinner - leftovers from the night before!

Thursday: Green
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), broccoli, peas, mushrooms, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Same again (HEA + 2.5 syns), plus half a Joe's burger, pinched from my son just to try it (HEB and pretty nice!)
Snack: Strawberries, ff yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns - I notice my late night chocolate fix is back with a vengeance - must be linked to feeling stressed!)

Syns today: 10.5
Week so far: 71

I forgot to record an NSV last weekend. I bought a pair of shorts in a size 14, with the aim of getting into them before my next holiday (hopefully October) - got them home and found I can already get them on! Woohoo! Now, I knew they were going to be on the generous side, because I was wearing a pair of 16s on my last holiday, but it still felt good!

Grandad was much better in himself today - better colour and more positive frame of mind. Hopefully the antibiotics he is on are clearing up his urine infection and that will help with his balance and mood too.

Another on-track day, but I have to say I feel really bloated this week, so not hopeful of a good WI on Sunday!

Friday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Lentil Dhal, oven chips (5 syns)
Snacks: Apple, Banana, Fibre plus bar (HEB)

Syns today: 5
Week so far: 76

Hey spanx:) Just popping by to wish you good luck for sunday.

Pleased your grandad was a little better in himself today and that the nurses are taking care of him.:hug99: xxx

Back