Down with Spanx!

Mmmm, I love fresh pineapple too Surreygal - can't eat too much tho' as it shreds the inside of my mouth! I'm indulging in Melon today - yum!

Had a bit of an unscheduled blowout last night. I'd spent all afternoon at the hospital with my Grandad, as he was having an occupational therapy assessment. Then I had to go to his house to meet the therapists there and consider whether he would be able to cope at home (short answer - no!)

Got home late and in a rush to get out again for book club, so I just scoffed a banana for tea... Sadly, by 10pm the bowl of nachos that was sitting right next to me was shouting my name and I'm afraid to say I indulged...!

Weds: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Syn-free burger, wedges, large salad
Snacks: Banana, nachos (25 syns), v. small glass wine (5 syns)

Syns: 30 - oops!

Thursday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pork (HEB), wedges, large salad
Snack: Melon and probably a KitKat later (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5

Week so far: 56 (phew - still within weekly limit!)

Hey spanx. Just thought I'd send a random message to say I have the same problem with pineapple! No one believes me when I say it but i get a sore mouth after eating it (perhaps cos it is so acidic!!) anyway enough randomness xx

Mmmm. I love strawberries too. Must have been something in the air yesterday because I was also a bit gluttonous ! (is that spelt right ?)

Hope your week has been good.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Ha! I thought I was the only one Nikki, so glad to hear I'm not alone! I think it's the texture - sometimes it can be quite hard, especially the bits closest to the centre. Still love it though!

Thanks Gail - hope you have a fantabulous birthday weekend and enjoy the TT boys!!

So, my reasonable week has continued and I'm hoping to get my 4.5st shiny at tomorrow's WI!

Friday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: Bolognaise made with extra lean beef, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, pasta, 5g parmesan (1.5 syns?)
Snack: Quark with one choccy options (1 syn), strawberries, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 8
Week so far: 64

Saturday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, bolognaise, cheese (HEA)apple
Dinner: Bolognaise (lots to eat up from fridge as no room in freezer!), oven chips (5 syns), cherry tomatoes
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 10.5
Syns for week: 74.5

:mad: Half a pound on for me this morning. Not happy!

I'd had a good week, food-wise, but I didn't get any exercise in, so that probably didn't help.

I think, however, that it's time for some changes. With less than 2st to go to reach target, I think I need to shake things up a bit and start losing again.

So, thinking about it, I need to cut my portion sizes of free food. I probably have at least half again of the recommended portion sizes of pasta and rice - sometimes even more than that if I feel really hungry. Also, I have been known to have 2 baked potatoes for lunch, if they look small!!!

So, I need to remember that just because something is free, it doesn't mean I can pig out on it!

Trouble is that I've always had a huge appetite, so cutting my portion sizes is going to be tough. Needs to be done though if I'm going to get past this 12st 7 'plateau'. I've only lost 2lbs in 2 months - I know I hd my holiday in that time, which basically took 4 weeks out of the equation, but even so, that's not good.

So I shall get my strict head out this week and hope it will make a difference! Might even try a couple of red days...:eek:

Spanx hun hope you're not too upset with the half on. The last time I did this plan - in fact the last two times - the first time was great weight fell off a treat. The next two times it was a struggle. I lost half a pound a week if I was lucky. I decided this time that I was going to focus on free food and try to stay away from syns as much as i could and only have the occasional treat. it seems to be working and my weight loss has been really good this time around. I honestly thought there was something wrong with my. I was tested twice for thyroid and nurse was getting worried about me as well. In hindsight, I think I was too focussed on syns and not enough on free food. I really would not reduce your portion sizes of free food as you will end up being hungry and then more likely to grab something quick and synful. I know everyones different and just wanted to share my tale with you. I know how frustrating it can be. But look at how much you have lost so far!!! Amazing weight loss. xxxx

:mad: Half a pound on for me this morning. Not happy!

I'd had a good week, food-wise, but I didn't get any exercise in, so that probably didn't help.

I think, however, that it's time for some changes. With less than 2st to go to reach target, I think I need to shake things up a bit and start losing again.

So, thinking about it, I need to cut my portion sizes of free food. I probably have at least half again of the recommended portion sizes of pasta and rice - sometimes even more than that if I feel really hungry. Also, I have been known to have 2 baked potatoes for lunch, if they look small!!!

So, I need to remember that just because something is free, it doesn't mean I can pig out on it!

Trouble is that I've always had a huge appetite, so cutting my portion sizes is going to be tough. Needs to be done though if I'm going to get past this 12st 7 'plateau'. I've only lost 2lbs in 2 months - I know I hd my holiday in that time, which basically took 4 weeks out of the equation, but even so, that's not good.

So I shall get my strict head out this week and hope it will make a difference! Might even try a couple of red days...:eek:

Hey if you need a buddy to be strict with I'm planning a few really strict weeks to get myself well into the 13's (& that wedding outfit!!). I think like you I have become a bit too comfortable in what I'm eating & probably not be strict enough with portion sizes too. I'm going to mix things up a bit by including some EE days with lots of veg along with a few red & even a green (I dont do green very often!!! :eek:)

Good Luck :)

Thanks Crafty and Sweet for your thoughts and advice.

Crafty, I too have done SW before with mixed results. The first time I lost 3 stone before I got to about the weight I am now, when I plateaued and put it all on again over the following 5 years. The other times I've been rather half-hearted about it - lost a stone or so and then given up.

I have now been back on SW for over a year, and I can honestly say that I'm still completely motivated and determined.

But I've reached that same weight I reached last time again, and again, I seem to have plateaued.

So, I am going to try and reduce portion sizes of carbs, or do some red days - and fill up on free food, not syns. I try to keep to below 10 syns a day and I will continue with that too.

I will review in a couple of weeks and see how I'm doing!

Sweet - let's go for it! I have no doubt that you will be in the 13s and looking fab in your wedding outfit!

So, day 1 of lower carbs:

Sunday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato (8oz), bolognaise with extra veg
Dinner: Butternut squash and bacon risotto (from EE cookbook - yum! It says, makes 4 portions, so I made sure it did!!!)
Snack: Strawberries with Quark and white choc options (2 syns), large glass wine (8 syns)

Syns today: 10

Last edited:
I've never had strawberries, quark & white choc options but t sounds delish so that might be added to my menu later :rolleyes:

I have hung the dress on the door of my wardrobe as motivation ( would have hung it on the fridge other than the munchkins would have sticky fingers all over it!!!! :rolleyes:) Going off plan in the next 6 weeks isnt an option or I'll burst the zip :eek: so have got to stay on track. I'm sure you'll break through that plateau too. I remember before my wedding hitting a plateau at 14 7 & I think I did this time too but I'm hoping my loss last week has broke through that & wasnt just a fluke!!! :eek:

Good luck for the rest of today.

It's lush Sweet - the first time I made it I had it with crushed double choc alpen lights as a base and made it into a cheesecake. It's just as good as a sort of thick clotted cream/cheesecakey goo with a big bowl of strawberries or raspberries, which is how I had it last night.

I've also tried it with the Belgian choc options and it's lovely, like a gooey chocolate mousse!

What's your frock like? Is it tight-fitting? Brave you!!!

hi, You have just made me think that is what I do , overeat on the free stuff just because it is free, especially rice & pasta, so I am also going to keep more control and weigh out a 'normal' sized portion.

I also mix options with quark or Tesco have a new natural f/f greek style yogurt which is really nice. and only 50p. I noticed that you said options is 1 syn, but a satchet is 2 and the indulgence satchet is 3 as you are keeping to 10 a day this could make a difference,
heres to a good week. Dor x

That sounds lush. I'll definaitey have to try it :D

This is the dress I got Conchetta Halter Dress in a 14 :D:eek: (hence the extreme plan) I have a bolero to go over it but am really working on toning my arms etc to do the dress justice :eek:. Its very fitted at the top but quite swishy at the bottom & just kind of skims over my hips (which again need a bit more toning!!! :eek:)

Thanks dordor, I did know that about options, must have had a brain-dead moment!!! Good luck with your SW journey!

Sweet - wowzers, lovely dress - you will look fab!

So, I've had a good day today - I've managed to limit my carbs a little. I had some leftover risotto for lunch, with extra veg and snacked on fruit, so feeling quite good!

Monday: EE
Lunch: Butternut squash (about 50g rice) and bacon risotto, apple
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Spicy chicken pasta - chicken, pasta (100g - still a large portion, but having weighed it, I reckon I was having about 125g before), tomatoes, courgettes, mushrooms, leeks, butternut squash, yellow pepper, herbs, chilli
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Week so far: 15.5

With under two stone to go to reach target you are doing amazing:).Good luck hun this week:)xx

Thanks Surreygal - I am hoping for a good week this week to get firmly back on track!

Weighed my carbs again today - it's not too bad. I definitely did feel a bit hungrier, but not to the 'grumgly tummy' stage!

Tuesday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato (220g), spicy chicken (as yesterday - lots to use up!)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta (100g), spicy chicken
Snacks: Wine (8 syns), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 13.5
Week so far: 29

Another good day - feeling really motivated this week, despite the two nights with wine!!!

Wednesday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato (210g), beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta (100g), spicy chicken, banana
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns), ff yoghurt

Week so far: 34.5

You're doing fantastic this week. Well done!!! :D I'm keeping everything crossed for a good loss (well a loss) on the scales tomorrow morning. We have both been saintly good this week & definitely deserve the scales to be kind for once!!!!:D

Wow Sweet, I've just checked in on your diary - well done this week, fabulous milestones! x

I had another good day on Thursday, but it all fell apart today...:( I had a meeting that overran and ended up in a restaurant and then a friend who's having a rough time turned up tonight and we ended up going for a curry... hope it doesn't ruin all the good work of the rest of the week!

Thursday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato (220g), beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Syn-free chicken (HEB) biryani
Snack: Yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Friday: EE
Snack: Alpen light (3 syns, had instead of biscuits with coffee in meeting!)
Lunch: Grilled chicken with salsa (syn-free? No oil, just tomato, peppers, onion and chilli), salad, chips (8 syns)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns), ff yoghurt
Dinner: Tandoori chicken dhansak (12 syns), boiled rice, poppadom (4 syns)

Syns today:32.5

Week so far: 72.5

Back