Down with Spanx!

Wowzers Honda, that's good going! I feel all inadequate now, with my two runs a week! How are you liking the Kettlebells? I know Sweet Pink uses them and swears by them!

Well done on your losses, glad Atkins is suiting you!

Well, I didn't manage a 100% day today - scuppered by a business meeting on two counts. First, it went on much longer than I anticipated, which meant they provided a buffet lunch of sandwiches and secondly, the client is a cupcake bakery, and they insisted on us tasting their wares!!

I did manage to restrict myself to half a chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread, a few crisps and a small amount of cake (the smallest I thought I could get away with without insulting the client!), but I still reckon I went over syns...

Still, it wasn't too bad - if I hadn't been in the right frame of mind it would certainly have been a lot worse! :eek:

Well done for not diving head first into the cupcake mountain love! You can claw it back for the week syn wise though xx

Only done 2nd wee of kettle and not in agony like last, I enjoy them so will have to wait and see results. Nut spin has gotten me to a size smaller jeans so can complain there ;)

Have a lovely weekend chicky xx

Yay, welcome back Spanx,so great to see you posting again.Well done to you for coming back and getting back on track.Love the flexi Friday plan.Hope you have a great weekend:)x

Welcome back Gail,lovely to see you back:)x

I meant to reply to this yesterday but forgot. How you could have even thought of being 100% while at a meeting in a cupcake place is very impressive. Sounds like you are having a good week though.

Thanks to Kenco (sorry, you'll always be Surreygal in my heart !!) for the warm welcome. And is your signature correct that you've lost 195 lbs. wow !!!!!!!!

Have a lovely weekend all of you.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well done for not diving head first into the cupcake mountain love! You can claw it back for the week syn wise though xx

Only done 2nd wee of kettle and not in agony like last, I enjoy them so will have to wait and see results. Nut spin has gotten me to a size smaller jeans so can complain there ;)

Have a lovely weekend chicky xx

Well done Honda - there's nothing like the feeling of getting into a smaller size pair of jeans is there?! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Yay, welcome back Spanx,so great to see you posting again.Well done to you for coming back and getting back on track.Love the flexi Friday plan.Hope you have a great weekend:)x

Welcome back Gail,lovely to see you back:)x

Thanks Kenco - as I said, it really is great to be back and feeling somewhat in control! My flexi Friday plan worked - I probably had about 40 syns that day, but it didn't scupper the whole week!

I meant to reply to this yesterday but forgot. How you could have even thought of being 100% while at a meeting in a cupcake place is very impressive. Sounds like you are having a good week though.

Thanks to Kenco (sorry, you'll always be Surreygal in my heart !!) for the warm welcome. And is your signature correct that you've lost 195 lbs. wow !!!!!!!!

Have a lovely weekend all of you.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

You too Gail! I know, isn't Kenco amazing?! Truly inspirational!

I thought I did pretty well on Cupcake Thursday - let's hope I can keep it going next time I visit them!!

Well, feeling great this morning to step on the scales and see a 5lb loss!!!! :eek::D

Just shows you how much rubbish I had been eating...

So, I've got my 5st shiny back and I'm firmly back on track. Already I feel much better too - and my jeans are definitely less tight!

That's definitely given me the inspiration to keep it up this week...

Good luck to everyone else for WI this week! x

Having a pretty good week - managing to keep to around 5-7 syns a day so far, so I've got some saved up for tomorrow night! Good job as tomorrow is shaping up to be a nightmare - buffet lunch at an all-day meeting, probably followed by a takeaway, as I won't get home in time to cook!

:eek: Wish me luck!

Well I didn't have a takeaway on Friday, so that felt like a small victory! I made a lovely curry instead, using the superspeed tomato soup as a quick base - left it in the slow cooker all day and it was ready when I got home.

3lbs off for me this week - woohoo! I've now lost 8lb of the 15.5lb gain, so over half way to getting back down to target - feel much better in myself already and my jeans are definitely not as tight!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and made the most of this fantastic weather!

Hi Spanx,

Long time no speak. Great to see you making progress with the small gain - you'll be back at target in no time :). Hope all is still going well - cone back and let us know you are ok.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hey Spanx,hope your okay.Pop on when you can .x Lol Gail i confuse myself sometimes with my name change.My signature is correct i can't believe myself that i have lost nearly 200lbs :eek::eek: what a journey.Hope your well Gail it's lovely to see you posting.xx

Grrr, I've done it again - straight off the rails and put on everything I'd lost... *sigh*

But I've got 4 weeks until my holiday, so I'm absolutely determined to get back down to 11st 7lbs by the time I go - that's 9.5lbs to lose in 4 weeks - doable, but tough!

The good thing is that I'm not going it alone - I invited my new chap to come away with me and my son, so he wants to lose half a stone too! That will really help, because it's his love of cooking and cakes that's been doing me in!

Gail and Kenco, thanks for stopping by and trying to keep me on the straight and narrow! Kenco, you are amazing - more than 200lbs gone forever! You are such an inspiration and I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and get my backside back in gear!

So, started well today:

Monday: Green
Breakfast: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), ainsley harriott risotto (free I think, made without butter and no parmesan added), leeks, mushrooms
Snacks: Mullerlight greek yoghurt (1 syn? Need to check!), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 6.5

It's lovely to see you post:) and thank you for your lovely comments.Don't worry about the gain,it will come off again,you have your holiday coming up and that's great that your new chap is going with you both,i'm so pleased that everything is going well for you. Good luck lovely x

Thanks Kenco!

I've not had a bad week. Managed to stay on the straight and narrow on Tuesday, but Wednesday involved an already-planned curry out with some girlfriends, where I managed to avoid bhajis and too much naan, but did have a poppadom and half a roti... Then today, I was hauled into a meeting which included lunch with a potential client... who took us to a pub! Had just about the healthiest thing on the menu, which was a panini with grilled chicken, feta and spinach, but still would have gone over syns I think.

So far this week, I make it about 65 syns (although that is a bit of a guesstimate!), which leaves me 40 for Saturday and Sunday... should be able to do that no problem!

3lbs off this morning - really pleased! Had a pretty decent week and still feeling good, so onwards and downwards! Only 3 weeks to my holiday and I still want to get 7.5lbs off...

Right, I'm back - new year, new restart!

I'm completely disgusted with myself, having put on 3st 3lbs in the last year. I fell off the wagon big time, after reaching target just before last Christmas. Only myself to blame, I just gave up and watched the pounds creep back on. now I'm back up to a size 18 and feeling really miserable.

So I weighed myself yesterday - and wasn't that a shock! - and jumped straight back on the SW wagon.

I know I'm a slow loser, so as it took me a year to put it back on, I'm allowing myself a year to get it off again, although I'm hoping to lose the first 2 stone of it in the first 6 months or so.

I'm not going to beat myself up, or feel sorry for myself any more. I've got some friends who are also trying to lose weight, some on SW, some on other plans, so I've got some motivation and some support.

I want to get back onto those size 12 skinny jeans and I will!!!

So, day 1 went like this:

GREEN
Breakfast - None, oops! Friend phoned to say she was in town and could I manage a quick coffee, so headed off to Costa. In recent months, that would have meant cake, but I was very good and just had a black coffee - moral victory no. 1!
Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), beans, 1tbsp bbq sauce (1 syn) - oh baked potato and beans, how I have missed you!
Snacks: banana, apple, cherry toms
Dinner: Macaroni cheese with leeks, spring onions, cherry toms and mushrooms, recipe from an old mag, with a few extras thrown in! 1 HEA + 3 syns for a bit of extra cheese...
Late night snack: 1 KitKat (5.5 syns) - moral victory no.2 as boyfriend sat and munched his way through remaining christmas choccys!

Syns for day: 9.5

:wavey::wavey:woohooo Mrs. fancy seeing you here ;) -

Ah well at least we have come back before we undid ALL our good work..... and we will finish the journey this time AND stay there..... you have done it once so you can do it again no problem. Heck I never even got to goal -I can't imagine the feeling... but one day it will be mine alllll mine :sign0151:.

How are things with you anyway my lovely?
and consider yourself "stalked"
:hide:.
Talk soon -just off to sort out his lord n master
;)

How lovely to hear from you, Capricorn and Sian! Woohoo - feel like I'm back 'home' now!

It was an amazing feeling Cap, and one that I am determined to repeat. In fact, I feel so awful now compared to then that I can now really quantify the benefits of being slimmer. My back and knees have started aching again and my stomach feels bloated and 'lazy' - if you know what I mean! ;)

I've now got clothes that I was wearing comfortably that are either tight, or don't fit at all and that awful bulge above my bra, just under my arms is back... I WILL get rid of it, once and for all!

Lots has changed in the last year. I've got a new chap, who has pretty much moved in and two dogs, so there's no excuse for not getting enough exercise! New chap is part of the problem, as he loves cooking and baking - particularly cakes, pies, curries and puddings! He also loves wine and chocolate as much as I do, so we've been indulging far too much. He's developed a little podge too, so we're in this together this time round and he's under strict instructions to start cooking SW-friendly meals! I spent a couple of hours the other night going through all the SW mags and books I've got and putting post-its on all the recipes I fancy cooking, or eating...!

Also considering re-joining a SW group, for extra motivation. I didn't last time round, as I was a single parent with a full-time job, so I couldn't find the time, but I've got no excuses now! Need to get the up-to-date books anyway.

So, another good day yesterday:

Tuesday: GREEN
Brekkie: 35g Fruit'n'Fibre, banana, mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, 1 tbsp bbq sauce (1 syn)
Snacks: Apple, banana, greek style mullerlight (half a syn)
Tea: Macaroni cheese (free, 1 HEA), courgettes, broccoli
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 7

Welcome back Spanx!!! I'll be cheering you on :)

Back