Down with Spanx!

I know Dizzy - when will I learn, hey?! :eek: I will look up those flavourings, especially as they make the scanbran cakes so low-syn. Think I might make a cherry bakewell one today, that's definitely my favourite so far. I bought a choc orange options to make an orange one, but no orange mullers in the supermarket - grrr!

Still, didn't let it put me off and had another good day yesterday.
Monday: EE/SE (not sure it was quite enough superfree to call it a SE day, but got lots in anyway!)
B: Strawberries, pineapple, mullerlight, 1 piece lemon scanbran cake (1 syn)
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), huge salad
D: Chicken, rice (1 syn - half a pack of Tilda's Lime and coriander pouch), huge salad
S: Hi fi bar (HEB), mars bar mini ice cream (3.5 syns)
Syns today: 4.5
Week so far: 54

I've had a really good week, but feeling a bit bloated, so no idea what will show on the scales tomorrow!

Tuesday: EE
B: Strawberries, pineapple, mullerlight
L: Chicken, large salad
S: Apple, banana
D: Potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, onions, cheese (HEA), large salad
S: Hifi bar (HEB)
Syns today: 0

Weds: Green
B: Banana, strawberries, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn)
S: Small amount of leftover potato, bacon (HEB), mushrooms, onion and salad
D: Pasta, passata, courgettes, mushrooms, leeks, aubergines, pesto (2.5 syns), cheese (HEA)
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), Kitkat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 9

Week so far: 63

Sounds like a good idea Val - I find I have a better week if I plan, write a shopping list and actually manage to stick to it!

WI this morning and lost 1lb - not bad, but still 1lb off my 2st, still at least that gives me something to aim for next week!

Thanks Sian - I was a bit disappointed this morning, but a loss is a loss! Just got to get my head around the fact that it's only going to come off slowly - but I know that I'd rather lose it slowly and still eat well and enjoy the occasional treat than do some drastic VLCD or something!

Friday: Green
B: Banana, 2 apples
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
D: Chicken (HEB), dry-fried new potatoes, large salad, light coleslaw (2.5 syns)
S: Czech beer (1 syn), 2 x hifi light (HEB), mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)

Syns today: 5

Last edited:
Thanks Val!

Gorgeous day here in the Midlands - got a fridge stocked with mini mars bar ice creams and mini twisters - bring it on!

Thanks Val!

Gorgeous day here in the Midlands - got a fridge stocked with mini mars bar ice creams and mini twisters - bring it on!

Where do u get the mini mars bars have never seen them I did but some twisters but normal sized ones lovely & refreshing for a hot day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Where do u get the mini mars bars have never seen them I did but some twisters but normal sized ones lovely & refreshing for a hot day xx

Hi val, I know they have them in Morrisons and Sainsburys - they're quite expensive, but got mine on offer for £2 for a box of ten. Only small, but chocolately and ice creamy at the same time for 3.5 syns!

Last edited:
I've had an absolutely horrid week - found out my 12 year old son is being bullied at school for being 'fat'. He did something really stupid and got himself excluded for two days and when I challenged him on what on earth was going on in his head, he finally told me what's going on. He's being verbally bullied, mostly being called fat and also physically - punched and kneed and barged in the corridors.

He's not even fat - he's chubby and stocky - but he's in age-appropriate clothes and his BMI is 24, which is overweight for a child apparently, but not obese. He even said it had got to the point where he'd been reading about self-harming on the internet. I'm shocked, upset and feel like a rubbish parent - I knew something was wrong, but he kept denying there was a problem. He's even been exhibiting bulimic tendencies, not eating his meals, but stuffing his face in secret with chocolate and cereal bars. We've had a long chat and he's agreed that only he can do something about it, so he's going to give Slimming World a try.

I spoke to my consultant this morning and she gave me the 'free to go' pack for 11-16 year olds. It's absolutely brilliant - it's got recipes in for burgers, chips, ice cream, fishfingers etc as well as lots of easy to read information about making healthy swaps and doing some body magic. We're going to sit down over the weekend and plan some meals out - he likes cooking, so we can make burgers and things together.

It's given me even more determination to get back to my target and set a good example, so I was really pleased this morning to WI and find I'd lost 1.5lbs, which puts me back in the 11s and gave me my 2st award since restarting in January - slow and steady wins the race!

Hi Hun how awful that ur Son is being bullied (big hug) at school I hope the school sort it out kids can be so cruel, my 12 yr old grandaughter was beng bullied at school but it was her word against the other girl untill the school holidays when the bully sent awful txts to my grandaughter which were taken to the school as proof, she has moved to the bigger school but the bully was put in a different class so at least the school done something about it. Don't feel a bad mum u can't know what's going on all the time unless ur kids choose to tell you hope ur sons ok x well done on ur brilliant loss this week. Have a good weekend x

Thanks Val. We've actually had a lovely few days - now that he's told me what's going on he seems much better in himself. don't think he's looking forward to school tomorrow, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We've been out and bought lots of healthy food that he will actually eat and last night he had home made burger, wedges and salad and didn't moan too much. Unfortunately, I then discovered his dad had taken him to macdonalds earlier... :rolleyes:

Had a good weekend food-wise, although two cooked breakfasts!!

Friday: Green

B: Banana, apple
L: Melon, grapes, banana, yoghurt (too hot to eat!)
D: coriander chicken (2xHEB), onions, mushrooms, wedges, salad
S: KitKat (5.5 syns), G&T (4 syns)
Syns today: 9.5

Saturday: EE
Brunch: 1 x ww sausage (0.5 syns), grilled tomatoes, grilled flat mushroom, poached egg, lean bacon, brown sauce (1 syn)
S: Strawberries, pineapple, shape yoghurt
D: Burger made from ex lean mince, salad, wedges, bbq sauce (1 syn), cheese slice (HEA)
S: Calippo (5 syns), 2 x hifi light (HEB)
Syns today: 7.5

Week so far: 17

Well my son's back at school and hopefully they're doing something about the bullying, so I'm feeling a bit better in myself. Enjoying this hot weather, but it's playing havoc with body magic, as it's just too hot to take the dogs out for long walks! Took them to the woods this morning for a long ramble in the shade, but didn't walk too far myself, as they were just running round in big circles, with me standing in the middle!

Sunday: EE
B: 2 x sainsbury's BGTY sausages (1 syn), grilled tomatoes, grilled mushroom, baked beans, lean bacon, brown sauce (1 syn)
Snack/lunch: 1 sainsbury's sausage (0.5 syn), bit of leftover chicken, banana, yoghurt, alpen light (half HEB)
D: Salmon, noodles, stir-fry veggies
S: kitKat (5.5 syns), hifi light (half HEB)
Syns today: 8

Monday: Green
B: Strawberries, pineapple, ff yoghurt
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
S: Banana, apple
D: Chicken (1.5 x HEB), wedges, large salad
S: hifi light (half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns), mini twister lolly (2.5 syns)
Syns today: 9

Week so far: 34

Had a great NSV last night. I was running around in the garden with the dogs and my shorts fell down around my ankles! Thank goodness I was in the garden and not the local park! :D

L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), bbq sauce (1 syn), apple
S: Mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)
D: Pork (all fat removed), poached mushrooms, large salad
S: Hifi light (half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 7

Week so far: 41

Another good day on plan. Walked my son up to scouts wearing a short-sleeved summer top and above the knee skirt and didn't feel like any one was staring at me thinking 'crikey, what a heifer'!!

Wednesday: Green
B: Banana, pineapple, ff yoghurt
L: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes
S: Banana, apple, mullerlight greek-style yoghurt (0.5 syns)
D: Same as lunch (2.5 syns) with a large salad and some parmesan (HEA)
S: 2 x Hifi light (HEB), 1 x Czech beer (1 syn)

Syns today: 6.5

Week so far: 47.5

Off out for a curry tonight, which isn't the best planning, given it's WI tomorrow, but hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow! I'm fine with having a main (usually a chicken dhansak, or a chicken and spinach dish) and boiled rice, can avoid nan bread too, it's poppadums, bhajis and dips which are always calling my name!

Just wanted to say I have read your thread from the beginning this week because the name appealed to me and I have really enjoyed it. Better than the stories in the mag as they never seem to go thru normal trails and tribulations when they loose!

Had a great NSV last night. I was running around in the garden with the dogs and my shorts fell down around my ankles! Thank goodness I was in the garden and not the local park! :D

L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), bbq sauce (1 syn), apple
S: Mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)
D: Pork (all fat removed), poached mushrooms, large salad
S: Hifi light (half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 7

Week so far: 41

I had to giggle to myself when I read this was imagining u in a car park. Must have felt good them falling down I don't have that problem can't get mine up lol
Hope ur enjoying the sun xx

Back