Down with Spanx!

Just wanted to say I have read your thread from the beginning this week because the name appealed to me and I have really enjoyed it. Better than the stories in the mag as they never seem to go thru normal trails and tribulations when they loose!

Wow Belle - you deserve a medal to put up with my ramblings like that! Thank you for reading and enjoying, I hope you have a successful SW journey! Feel free to pop in any time for a chat. I firmly believe that, like puppies, SW is for life, not just for (post)Christmas! xx

I had to giggle to myself when I read this was imagining u in a car park. Must have felt good them falling down I don't have that problem can't get mine up lol
Hope ur enjoying the sun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank God I wasn't in a public place Val - and the neighbours were away, added bonus! Hope you've had a great weekend.

Well, I decided to have a weekend completely off plan! I had STS on Friday, which wasn't really a surprise after going out for a curry the night before, so I wasn't too disappointed. I had a weekend full of social events and I just decided that I deserved a weekend off plan, after sticking to SW for 6 months. I did keep a rough count of my syns and between Friday night and Sunday night I had around 160! Oops! I didn't find it too hard to resist bread and fatty dressings at the bbqs I went too, but I didn't worry about the syns in sausages etc, just decided to enjoy it. It was the wine and the Nigella Lawson Ice Cream Cake that really upped the syn count!

I also had the hangover from hell on Sunday, as I hadn't really had a drink for 6 months, so a few glasses of wine and I was completely sozzled!

Still, I had a lovely weekend, full of food, friends and fun and I'm back on plan with a vengeance today - the scales seem to suggest I've put on 2-3lbs, but I enjoyed all of them. Will aim to get it off again by WI on Friday, but again, I'm not going to sweat if I've had a gain, as I deserve it after the wine and puddings I demolished this weekend!

Was a really easy read Spanx! Seeing how well you coped with everything that happened and putting humour in to, better than the book I'm reading at the moment! Sounds like a fab weekend I have mainly stopped getting drunk due to medication I have had to take give me killer hangovers so sympathise greatly!!

Was a really easy read Spanx! Seeing how well you coped with everything that happened and putting humour in to, better than the book I'm reading at the moment! Sounds like a fab weekend I have mainly stopped getting drunk due to medication I have had to take give me killer hangovers so sympathise greatly!!

Thank you - well, if it's helped one person on their journey, then it was worth it! Do you have a diary on here? I find keeping a note of my food and syns really helps, once I stop posting, I fall off the wagon.

As for the hangover - I'd forgotten what they're like - felt sick and headachey all day...still, all my own fault! :eek:

got firmly back on track yesterday:

Monday: Green
B: Pineapple, strawberries, ff yoghurt
L: Hard-boiled egg, new potatoes, large salad, bit of lighter than light mayo (0.5 syns)
S: Punnet of cherries (yum!), apple
D: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), cheese (HEA)
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB)

Syns today: 3
Week so far: 163

I do have a diary called bye bye jelly belly and thunder thighs!! I am much better at writing what I eat on here than on the paper from class!! I find my mind is more focused somehow!!

I do have a diary called bye bye jelly belly and thunder thighs!! I am much better at writing what I eat on here than on the paper from class!! I find my mind is more focused somehow!!

Ooh - I will look it up then!

Another good day yesterday, although I could have done with a bit of superfree with my lunch:
Tuesday: Green
B: Banana, mixed berries, ff yoghurt
L: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), cheese (HEA)
D: Quorn fillet, wedges, lots of salad
S: Nectarine, greek-style muller, hifi light (HEB), 1 x czech beer (1 syn)

Syns today: 3.5
Week so far: 166.5

Had another good couple of days, eating lots of superfree and keeping my syns low to make up for the weekend blow-out!

wednesday: Green
B: Magic porridge (HEB) with mixed berries
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
D: Pasta with courgettes, passata, tomatoes, leeks, mushrooms, pesto (2 syns), bit of parmesan (half HEA)
S: Hifi light (half HEB), 1 czech beer (1 syn)
Syns today: 3

thursday: EE
B: Strawberries, pineapple, ff yoghurt
L: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), courgettes, leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes, passata, cheese (HEA)
D: Chicken tikka (homemade, syn free), wedges, large salad, strawberries, mullerlight
S: 1.5 czech beers, (1.5 syns), hifi light (HEB)
Syns today: 3.5

Syns for week: 173!

I was amazed to WI this morning and discover I'd lost 1lb! think it was probably due from last week, where I was surprised to have only maintained - very chuffed though after last weekend!

OH has bought ingredients for SW canneloni tonight, with spinach and cottage cheese, so that should be scrummy - even better that I won't have to cook it!

Thanks Sian! x

SW Canneloni was delicious. OH spiced up the sauce a bit with some chilli and added in mushrooms for even more superfree - it was lovely and very filling.

Had a mixed weekend, pretty good, but did go out for a curry on Saturday night...still, not too bad:

Friday: Green
B: Apple, hifi light (half HEB, new blackcurrant cheesecake flavour - ok, but very sweet!), strawberries, ff yoghurt
L: Chicken tikka (HEB), large salad
D: SW canneloni, large salad
S: Hifi light, 1 x czech beer (1 syn), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 6.5

Saturday: EE
L: Chicken, wedges, large salad
D: Chicken dhansak (6.5 syns), boiled rice, sag bhagee (4 syns), poppadum and dips (6 syns)
Syns today: 16.5

Sunday: EE
B: WW sausage (1 syn), bacon, grilled tomatoes, grilled flat mushroom, poached egg, brown sauce (1 syn)
L: Fresh fruit salad, ff yoghurt
D: Chicken, pasta with courgettes, leeks, mushrooms, passata, salad
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB)
Syns today: 2

Monday: Green
B: Strawberries, nectarine, ff yoghurt
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce
D: Pork (HEB x 1.5), wedges, large salad
S: Hifi light (half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 6.5

Week so far: 31.5

Hmmm, must get better at updating this diary, before I forget what I've been up to!

Tuesday: Green
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
D: Quorn chilli, boiled rice, cheese (HEA)
S: KitKat (5.5 syns), hifi light x 2 (HEB)

Syns today: 5.5

Wednesday: Green
B: Apricots, nectarine, strawberries, pineapple, ff yoghurt
S: Apple
D: Boiled rice, ham (HEB x 1.5), peas, spring onions, mushrooms, coriander
S: Hifi light (0.5 HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 8

Thursday: Green
B: Apricot, strawberries, pineapple, peach, blueberries, ff yoghurt
D: Cod (HEB x 1.5), wedges, large salad
S: Hifi light (0.5 HEB), Mars Bar mini ice cream (3.5 syns), 1/4 KitKat (2 syns)
Syns today: 8

Syns for week: 53

So, I've had a good week, but the scales are saying no loss and possibly a gain... Think I've hit a bit of a plateau again and need to mix things up. We'll see at WI tomorrow!

Lost 0.5lb at WI yesterday. Oh well, a loss is a loss! I was disappointed but not surprised. I'd felt bloated all week, so hopefully it will show next week!

Tough weekend, as I've got my family staying to celebrate my mum's 70th. Meal out tonight and a BBQ tomorrow. At least I'm driving tonight, so there won't be any alcohol syns and I'll just have to make sensible choices from the menu. Bought Quorn sausages and burgers for tomorrow, as well as lots of salad - going to make a pasta salad and potato salad to stave off the bread cravings too.

B: Apple, nectarine, peach, blueberries, ff yoghurt
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
S: Melon, mango, pineapple
D: Chicken (1.5 HEB), wedges, salad, 1 small piece garlic bread (4 syns - so not worth it!)
S: Czech beer (1 syn), KitKat (5.5 syns), hifi light (half HEB)

Syns today: 11.5

A loss is a loss! And a good plan for the weekend too, taking alcohol out of the equation always helps me loads probably my biggest weakness!!

Have a great time with your mum and family hope you have good weather :) xx

Thanks Belle, but we didn't - it rained all day on Sunday, so the BBQ stuff ended up getting cooked indoors; we all had a lovely time though!

I wasn't on plan all weekend, but I wasn't too naughty. I kept off the alcohol, apart from one small glass of wine and I avoided lots of other temptations like birthday cake, white bread, pittas etc. I did indulge in a pudding though and also had chips and some indian samosas and bhajis... so I think a STS is the best I can hope for this week!

It's woman of the year this week at my group, as my consultant is off on her holidays at the weekend - and she texted me to say I've been nominated! I'm sure I won't win, as there are lots of people with bigger and quicker losses than I've had, but it's lovely that she thought of me. Made me determined not to have a gain at WI!!!

Thanks Belle, as predicted, I didn't win, but it was lovely to be nominated and the woman who won has a really inspirational story - as well as having lost more than 6st!

I was pleased to have STS this morning, after the weekend of partying - now I need to be focused and make sure I lose this week!

Thanks Belle, as predicted, I didn't win, but it was lovely to be nominated and the woman who won has a really inspirational story - as well as having lost more than 6st!

I was pleased to have STS this morning, after the weekend of partying - now I need to be focused and make sure I lose this week!

Awwww, I'm sorry you didn't win hun. But as you said, it was lovely to be nominated :) Well done on the STS this week hun, it's always a bit nerve-wracking having to weigh after a weekend of indulgence! :) xx

Thanks Sian!

Right, I've already fallen off the wagon this weekend - time to get my focus back and lose some weight!

B: Banana, strawberries, pineapple, ff yoghurt
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
D: SW Canneloni with extra mushrooms, parmsan (HEA)
S: Hifi light (HEB), Becks Blue (2.5 syns), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 9

Saturday: EE:
B: Strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, ff yoghurt
S: Apple
D: Chicken dhansak (6 syns), Sag Paneer (6 syns), Boiled rice, just under half a Nan bread (10 syns)
Syns today: 22 (and no As or Bs - oops!)

So far this week: 31

Wonder if Paneer can be a Healthy Extra A?

Hi Spanx
I've just joined the site and started reading your Diary. I am only a few pages in but while I am reading the rest I just wanted to comment and say how inspiring your posts are.
Being so open and honest while showing a great sense of humour is very refreshing.
I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your Diary while I work on starting my own
:thankyou:

​JOLENE xx

Hi Spanx
I've just joined the site and started reading your Diary. I am only a few pages in but while I am reading the rest I just wanted to comment and say how inspiring your posts are.
Being so open and honest while showing a great sense of humour is very refreshing.
I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your Diary while I work on starting my own
:thankyou:

​JOLENE xx

Hi Jolene, thank you for your lovely comments. I'm always pleased (but somewhat amazed!) when someone reads what I've written! I do look back at it myself quite often and realise how far I've come, so I really would recommend keeping a diary on here. When I look at that first list of things I hated about being so huge, I realise that they just don't apply to me any more - and I'm determined they never will again!

I'll keep a look out for your diary - good luck on your journey! xxx

Another good day on Sunday - went for a long walk in the countryside with some friends and our assorted dogs and politely declined a doughnut at the end of it, so feeling virtuous! :angel09:

I'm determined to have a good loss this week...

Sunday: EE

B: Strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn) banana
D: Pork mince bolognese with loads of extra mushrooms, pasta
S: Hifi light (HEB), 2 scan bran ferrero rochers (1 syn)
Syns today: 2
Week so far: 33 (phew - almost back on track!)

Back