Down with Spanx!

Monday: Green
B: Strawberries, pineapple, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
D: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), mushrooms
S: hifi light (HEB), kitkat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 8.5

Week so far: 41.5

Scales still not budging - grr!

They better had this week, I've been waiting long enough!

Another reasonable day, although for an EE day, I don't think I had enough superfree. Trouble was I was with a client all afternoon and didn't get chance for any lunch, as the traffic was so bad. Hope it doesn't undo the good work of the rest of the week!

Tuesday: EE
L: Alpen light (half HEB), banana
S: Leftover pork mince bolognese
D: Chicken biryani, with passata, cherry toms, onions, mushrooms
S: Hifi light (Half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 5.5
Week so far: 47

Weds: Green
B: Pineapple, strawberries, mullerlight
D: Chicken (HEB), tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, rice
S: Hifi light (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 6.5
Week so far: 53.5

Hmmm, food is getting very samey again. Think it's partly because I'm trying to avoid red meat - I don't seem to lose very well if I eat too much of it. Plus I'm a complete carbaholic! Might try and find some time at the weekend to plan some different meals...

Try something new from the taste of Asia book :D i have made loads and not been disappointed trying grilled hoisin chicken today, yesterday had the salmon teriyaki, last week had the mango and prawn curry. They are easy to change the base ingredient too going to do the pork ones with chicken I think as I don't eat pork :)

Try something new from the taste of Asia book :D i have made loads and not been disappointed trying grilled hoisin chicken today, yesterday had the salmon teriyaki, last week had the mango and prawn curry. They are easy to change the base ingredient too going to do the pork ones with chicken I think as I don't eat pork :)

Yes, I've done five or six recipes from the Taste of Asia book - they've all been great! Think it's the best SW recipe book yet...

Well, my home scales were right, for once, and I STS again this week. Really frustrating as I'd had a good week. Well, I'd been on plan all week, apart from one day, but as I said before, maybe my food is getting a bit samey and I need to shake it up this week. What made it worse is that I do WI at my group, so I hear all the 'oh, how on earth did I manage that, I've been really naughty this week!' from people who've still managed to lose - grrrr!

Trying not to get despondent about it - a STS is better than a gain and it's a marathon not a sprint, as I know only too well. It would just be nice to have a nice surprise next week!

I have sts for 2 weeks too which seemed unfair! So gone back to basics weighing and measuring EVERYTHING and scales this morning show 2lbs off so feeling a bit more positive today! Even a little loss every week will be a big loss by Christmas I keep on thinking!! you know you can do it :) xx

I've managed to stay on track, despite feeling a bit despondent. Perhaps I've been having one of those phases where your body 'rearranges' itself and you look slimmer, as a number of people have commented over the last week that I look good!

I've had a couple of high-syn days for me - one by choice and one not so much, so let's see if that has an effect this week...

Friday: EE
B: Banana, strawberries, mullerlight
L: 3/4 of a sandwich (at a business networking event - no healthy choice, so just had 3 small sandwiches, on brown bread. One with cheese (HEA), 2 with tuna (no mayo) - 15 syns for 1.5 slices brown bread and a scraping of butter?
S: Small baked potato, beans (starving when I got home!)
D: Home made turkey burgers, wedges, salad
Syns today: 15

Saturday: EE
Brunch: BGTY sausages (1 syn), lean bacon, poached egg, mushrooms, tomato
S: Hifi light (half HEB)
D: Syn free spicy chicken and mushroom korma (with onions, tomato, koko coconut milk (HEA) and mullerlight greekstyle coconut yoghurt (0.5 syns))
S: KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 7

Sunday: EE
B: Strawberries, flat peaches, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
S: Piece of homemade Rocky Road (estimate 10 syns)
D: Chicken stir fry and noodles with hoisin sauce (3 syns)
S: Hifi light (HEB)
Syns today:13

Monday: EE
B: Strawberries, raspberries, flat peaches, mullerlight
L: Leftover chicken stir fry (2 syns)
S: Banana
D: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), tomatoes, leeks, courgettes, mushrooms, mattesons turkey rashers, grated cheese (HEA)
S: Hifi light (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 10

Week so far: 45

So, that's a lot of syns and more EE days for me, but my consultant often says that shaking up your eating, including upping your syns for a while (within the daily limit though) can be good for you if you've got a bit stuck - we'll see!

I don't miss the booze too much Belle - occasionally crave a large glass of red wine, but the trouble is I know I wouldn't stop at one! I have the occasional G&T at the weekend, but usually I'm quite happy to go without!

I don't miss the booze too much Belle - occasionally crave a large glass of red wine, but the trouble is I know I wouldn't stop at one! I have the occasional G&T at the weekend, but usually I'm quite happy to go without!

I have had to stop drinking red wine as it triggers my migraines :( I really struggle to stop after one too tho have managed since Thursday to only have 350ml vodka and one 250ml glass of sparkling rose, which for me is a massive achievement!

Migraines - yuck! Fortunately I don't have them very often, but my sister and Dad suffer badly, so I know how nasty they can be.

Well, I've certainly mixed my food up this week, but not all of it on plan! Out for the day on Wednesday and all went a bit Pete Tong. WI in the morning and I'm desperate for even a small loss, but not confident.

Tuesday: EE
B: Strawberries, flat nectarines, mullerlight
L: Pasta, pesto ( 2 syns), courgettes, mushrooms, leeks, tomatoes, mattesons turkey rashers
D: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 5.5

Weds: Green(ish)
L: 2 x wholemeal rolls (2xHEB), cheese (2x HEA), chutney (4 syns), strawberries, special K crisps (10 syns), small piece chocolate weetabix cheesecake (guess 8 syns)
D: Chicken (6 syns - forgot I'd already had 2 HEBs), pasta, mushrooms, leeks, tomatoes
S: KitKat (5.5 syns - chocolate craving)
Syns today: 33.5

Thursday: EE
L: Pasta, pesto (1 syn) chicken, tomatoes, leeks, mushrooms
D: Gammon, wedges, large salad
S: 2 x Hifi light
Syns today:1 (making up for yesterday!)

Syns for week: 85 (quite a lot for me, lets see what happens tomorrow)

Hi Sian - I lost 1lb this week. Better than another STS, but still frustrating. Still, it's coming off, just soooo slowly!

At least you know where your gain came from - hope you have a good week and it comes straight back off! xxx

I know - and I'm feeling better about it now. Just having one of those months where I'm trying to be good, but not losing, it's so frustrating!

Saying that, I didn't have a great weekend and although I walked about 7 miles and didn't go too badly over syns, I appear to have gained 2lbs... :(

This last stone is going to be soooooo difficult to shift!

Friday: EE
B: Banana, strawberries, pineapple, ff yoghurt
L: 2 x alpen light (going out and in a rush!)
D: Indian takeaway (late back and too knackered to cook, plus too hungry to wait!) - estimate 25 syns

Saturday: EE
B: Strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, mullerlight
L: Apple, hifi light (half HEB)
D: Chicken and mushroom curry, boiled rice, quarter of a naan (5 syns)
S: Hifi light (half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Sunday: EE
Brunch: Bacon, scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, baked beans, brown sauce (1 syn)
S: Apple
D: Pork, wedges, beans, apple
S: Hifi light x 2 (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Monday: EE
B: Strawberries, blueberries, mullerlight
S: Banana
L: BBQ - quorn sausage (0 syn ones), quorn burger, pork, salad, wedges, halloumi (HEA), piece of garlic bread (5 syns), bbq sauce (1 syn)
D: Bit of leftover BBQ!
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), 2 x czech low alcohol beer (2 syns)

Syns this week: 50

I'm feeling like that had the best week since I started no cheating nothing at all and looking at a gain! I keep on telling myself slow and steady is ok but struggling to believe it!

I'm feeling like that had the best week since I started no cheating nothing at all and looking at a gain! I keep on telling myself slow and steady is ok but struggling to believe it!

Slow and steady would be great - it's the up and down I'm struggling with! I always try and look at the bigger picture, but it's hard sometimes. Still, I don't feel like giving up, so that's a bonus!

Had a good day on plan yesterday, but not enough superfree. So busy with work after the bank holiday that I just made quick and easy food all day.

Tuesday: Green
D: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), cheese (HEA)
S: Banana, Hifi light (HEB)
Syns today: 5

Week so far: 55

Another good day - although I have tweaked my HEBs a bit. Extra lean minced pork is not in the book as a HEB on a green day, but pork is and so is extra lean minced beef, so I'm going to allow it!!

Wednesday: Green
D: Extra lean pork mince (1.5 HEBs) and mixed bean chilli, wholegrain rice
S: Apple, banana

Syns today: 1
Week so far: 56

Phew! Back on track with syns over the week and scales show maybe 0.5lbs down on last week. Just need to keep on track today and should hopefully see a loss tomorrow...

Back