Down with Spanx!

Thanks Sian - but no joy! STS again... :(

I was so frustrated that I decided to go out for a slap-up meal, in the hopes that it would kickstart my metabolism! (Well, that was my excuse anyway...)

So, I had a lovely curry last night and a couple of vodkas and didn't worry about the syns. Now I'm going to try and have a green, mostly veggie week and see if that helps. Need to get past this plateau! The SW site has gone from predicting I'd hit target in September a couple of months ago, to now, where I can't even see me reaching target on the graph that they show. Grrr!

Friday: EE
B: Banana, apple
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn), apple
D: Onion Bhaji, poppadums, mango chutney and dips, chicken dhansak, boiled rice, 1/3 of a naan bread, 2 x vodka and diet coke. Estimate 35 syns
Syns today: 36

Hi - sorry for being absent all week! I lost my mojo a bit and although I stuck to plan most of the week, I did have some social occasions which meant I went over syns a couple of days! That included a cream tea in a posh hotel for a friend's baby shower this week, where I demolished two scones with cream and jam and a chocolate tart!!!

So I was really pleased to have lost 0.5lb this morning. had a long chat with my consultant, who is back from 3 weeks holiday, to see what her advice was, as I've only lost 5.5lbs in 11 weeks. She didn't have much advice to give, as I largely stick to the plan, stick to syns and have my superfree, but she suggested maybe looking at portion sizes and upping the superfree even more.

So that's the plan for this week and I'll hopefully see another loss next week - fingers crossed! Bought a six week countdown and need to try and lose 1lb a week during that period, as I'm off on holiday at the end of October! Then, when I get back, that gives me until Christmas to lose whatever I've put on on holiday and another 6lbs to reach target...

Love cream tea! Had afternoon tea a couple weeks ago and was so good! Loosing mojo is understandable I think when losses slow down, but the season is changing so can have some different meals which might boost it too, soup not salad, casseroles and stews with plenty of superfree. Countdown is a great way to focus your mind as well!

Am off work for 2 weeks and have had too much alcohol since weds wi, I am ok when at work as my new rule is no alcohol when I have work the next day which I am sticking to fine, 2 weeks of no work the next day is proving a bit tough lol!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend :) xx

Thanks Belle. Yes, the cream tea was delicious - scones and jam must be one of my favourite things. I do remember one day when I bought a pack of six from the supermarket as they were reduced and ate the lot! No wonder I had such a weight problem...

I'm having a good weekend, enjoying the unexpected sunshine, as they had forecast rain here, but we've hardly seen any! Took the dogs for a long walk in the countryside yesterday, then had a lazy afternoon and a strictly/x-factor night in front of the TV! Dog-training this morning and we'll be off for another long walk later this afternoon - so lots of body magic.

To refocus my mind, I'm keeping a detailed food diary this week and marking everything down as H/S/F/C etc, primarily to see to see if I'm eating enough speed foods and fibre. It's been useful too, as it's meant I've had to check things in the book, which never hurts!

Friday: EE
B: 2 x apple (S), mullerlight
L: Pasta (H), roasted veg - aubergine (S), mushrooms (S), leeks (S), tomatoes (S), pesto (2 syns), cheese (HEA)
D: Chicken (H) and ham pie with wedges, green beans (S) and carrots (S) - recipe from the 'Autumn flavours' book which came with the magazine, really delicious! (4.5 syns)
S: Hifi light x 2 (HEB), Becks Blue beer (2.5 syns)
Syns: 9

Saturday: EE
B: Strawberries (SS), blackberries (SS/F), mullerlight, crunchy bran (HEB)
L: Baked potato, beans (SS/F/H), onions (S), mushrooms (S), cheese (HEA)
D: Pie again, with green beans (S), mushrooms (S) and peas (4.5 syns)
S: KitKat (5.5 syns), mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)
Syns today: 10.5

Week so far: 19.5
S

Another good couple of days, with some more body magic in the form of long walks with the dogs. Isn't it feeling cold though?! I went out in boots and a cardigan today - felt like Autumn was really here... :(

Sunday: EE
B: Strawberries (SS), blackberries (S), banana, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans (SS/H/F), BBQ sauce (1 syn), apple (S), clementine (S)
S: Weetabix cake (5 syns)
D: Pasta with extra lean mince, tomatoes (S), aubergines (S), leeks (S), mushrooms (S), courgettes (S), onions (S), cheese (HEA)
S: Hifi light (HEB), mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)
Syns today: 6.5

Monday: Green
B: Strawberries (SS), pineapple (S), mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans (SS/H/F), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
S: Mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)
D: Leftover pasta with roasted veg, pesto (2.5 syns) cheese (HEA)
S: Hifi bar(HEB), hifi light (HEB), 8 x Mikado (4 syns)
Syns today: 8

Week so far: 34

Had a pretty good week, although I was out at a trade show with clients yesterday, so ended up having a wrap and crisps for lunch - not great!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Tuesday: EE

[FONT=&quot]B: 35g Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries (SS), pineapple (S), mullerlight
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]L: Baked potato, baked beans (SS/F/H), 40g red fat cheese (HEA), 1 tbsp BBQ sauce (1 syn), apple (S), clementine (S)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]D: Half portion spinach (S) and mushroom (S) curry (5 syns), half portion chicken (S) dhansak (3.5 syns), half a poppadum (2 syns), boiled rice[/FONT]
Syns today: 11.5

Wednesday:
[FONT=&quot]B: Strawberries (SS), pineapple (S), mullerlight
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]L: Chicken and Bombay potato wrap (est 12 syns, allowing for free food), crisps (6.5 syns)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]D: Mushroom (S) and cheese (HEA) omelette with potato wedges, grilled tomatoes (S) and mushrooms (S)
[/FONT]S: Apple, banana, clementine, hifi light (HEB)

Syns today: 18.5

Week so far: 64

Whoop! Lost 1.5lbs at WI this morning - really pleased after the last 11 slow weeks - it's the first time I've lost more than a pound since the end of June! :D

Thanks Belle and Sian! I'm not sure what's happened since, but I've been in a real 'can't be bothered' mood - it's almost like because I had a good loss, then I don't need to try this week... Weird! Still, apart from one day where I ate my body weight in cake (first proper cake since Christmas!), I've been reasonably good, although not sure I've been good enough for a loss tomorrow - we shall see!

Also eaten a lot of comfort food this week as the weather's been so cold and miserable!

Can relate to that the week I lost 2.5lbs I gained 1.5lb the next and only got 0.5lb off last night. Trying to get my head back in the game but seriously struggling!

Oops! sorry I've been awol diary - time to catch up!

I lost 0.5lbs last week and STS this week. I was happy with both results, as last week I had 'cakefest' and this week was my birthday, so I had two meals out, plus some treats!

Time to get back on track now, I've got four more WIs until my holiday, so I'd like to get 4lbs off by then if possible! That won't be easy for me, as I'm such a tortoise, but I'm going to do my best...

Not great Belle! Lost 1lb last week, which I was happy with, but then came down with a nasty flu bug and so this week I've eaten loads of rubbish! Still feeling awful, so missed group this morning, although my scales at home suggest I've put on 2.5lbs. Really need to get a grip...! x

Back