dr pepper zero

candycaz

hi all
i know theres a big debate about coke zero
and for the past couple of weeks ive had a can a week and been fine
anyway my question is does the same thing apply for dr pepper zero
i have a massive craving for it and my boyfriend keeps drinking it in front of me lol
thanks in advance
xx

Dr Pepper Zero doesn't have citric acid in it either like Coke zero so if you're having Coke zero, DPZ wont be any worse!

Watch out tho because it's not all of the Zero drinks. I know that Sprite Zero and Lilt Zero have citric acid

xx

When I met my CDC for the first time on Sunday she said that I could have a can of coke zero or dr pepper zero per day, but not lilt or sprite zero.

i asked my cdc this the other night and she said no to having a coke zero.. i would find it would break up the day a bit x

My CDC said I can have it as well, she does xxx

im really confused with this debate...can have! cant have!
if the cd book says we cant on ss then why are the cdcs sayin we can. people drinkin a can a day....are u guyz still loosin weight as much as others who are only doin packs???

I need to know about this too - my friends cdc says you can - my cdc says you cant. Is it all just about citric acid? HELP!!!

Drinks that aren't in the book can kick you out of ketosis. Because some CDCs have drank these drinks in their period of doing CD and didn't get kicked out of ketosis they're prob. advising it to their cliënts..

My advice? Don't do it... better to be safe than sorry really, is that 1 can worth getting kicked out of ketosis for?

xx

the zero drinks also tend to give people the munchies and make it harder for them to stick to the diet. it used to be allowed on cd i believe, but because of this, because it encouraged people to fall off the wagon as it were, it was removed from the plan... at least that's what i heard.

abz xx

At the end of the day, LL and CD is about ABSTINANCE from food - unless it is one of the shakes/bars/soups provided, then you shouldn't be having it.

Doesn't matter that it does/doesn't kick you out of ketosis, it's about MENTAL attitude, and if you can't give up just 1 can of coke a day, what are your chances of overhauling your eating habits in the long run?

At the end of the day, LL and CD is about ABSTINANCE from food - unless it is one of the shakes/bars/soups provided, then you shouldn't be having it.

Doesn't matter that it does/doesn't kick you out of ketosis, it's about MENTAL attitude, and if you can't give up just 1 can of coke a day, what are your chances of overhauling your eating habits in the long run?

Very true. :clap:

The "yes you can have it" /"no you can't have it" goes back to when Cambridge use to say it was acceptable to have the odd coke zero - now new findings have suggested that although it maynot kick you out of ketosis - it can make you eat other "no no" foods. So it is no longer endorsed by Cambridge. If your CDC trained in the era when it was "allowed" then he/she may say you can have it.

Back