Dr Who?

Watched first couple but just couldn't get away with the new guy :cry::cry:

xx

Ooh, I really enjoyed last night's episode and can't wait to see what happens next.

I really wasn't sure about Matt Smith either, but he's grown on me.

I used to be such a big fan of Dr Who but since the demise of David Tennant I just cant seem to get into the new series.For me the new writers and Matt Smith just dont seem to hit the mark.I feel that the storylines have been dumbed down and Matt Smith just seems to run round a lot and when I saw him shouting at the spaceships on Saturday he just reminded me of a drunken dad making a speech at a wedding.But my kids love it and I will persevere and I really hope that it grows on me cos I used to love Dr Who

Lesleyxx

When I first saw pictures/footage of Matt Smith I was hopeful he would become a classic Doctor, and I believe he has done just that. He is perfectly weird and quirky just as a doctor should be! DT was fantastic as a Doctor in his own right but also in that he brought Doctor Who to a much wider audience than ever before.

As for this series, I thought at the start there was a pattern of every other episode being excellent but the intermediate ones being tosh, but the last 5 or 6 have all been fantastic, and I can't wait until the season finale this week.

I'm hoping Rose saves the day lol, but I have several working theories in action right now.

There've been a lot of big 'continuity errors' and other clues throughout the series that point to the Doctor going back and forward the whole time. Suspect it will all become apparent on Saturday :)

Mind you, most of DT's Dr Who's also had a running theme too, you just had to spot them! :)

I just feel that not so much money has been spent - on storylines, actors, props etc. Loved the Van Gough one though, thought that was very good! I love Amy too, she makes such a good side kick. I never really liked Martha, y'see? Didn't think that she "fitted"

I also used to like Peter Davision as the Dr. Ask Elle what I was like when we saw him in "Legally Blonde" the other week! Hee hee!!

With my other half having been a fan since he was a kid we have to lol (he's 21) I love it though! my bf met Matt Smith and Karen Gillan at our University :D he said they're lovely!!

proper scared/excited for the final episode!

I've watched it since I was little too, the Cybermen were the most frightening thing in the whole world! My school friends dad used to be an actor and he had a part in Dr Who when Peter Davison was the Dr, and he came to her party!! With Metal Mickey!!! OMG!! The best party EVER!!! Ha ha!!!

My boys are huge Dr Who fans now, which annoys the hubby sooooo much, cos he doesn't like it! Ha ha! Yet, we still drag him round Dr Who exhibitions and Cardiff, and he never moans, bless him!

I've watched it since I was little too, the Cybermen were the most frightening thing in the whole world! My school friends dad used to be an actor and he had a part in Dr Who when Peter Davison was the Dr, and he came to her party!! With Metal Mickey!!! OMG!! The best party EVER!!! Ha ha!!!

My boys are huge Dr Who fans now, which annoys the hubby sooooo much, cos he doesn't like it! Ha ha! Yet, we still drag him round Dr Who exhibitions and Cardiff, and he never moans, bless him!

what is the exhibition like in Cardiff. Was thinking about taking my sons but the coach trip worked out a lot and i was wondering if it was possible just to go on our own?

It's very small, not really worth the trip from Eastbourne! We've only been as it's only a hour or so's drive from my mum's in Somerset. You can pick up a map from there too, which shows you where episodes have been filmed (and Torchwood) so we've hunted a few out. Went to one in Coventry in October too. I'm sure they move them around the UK, I know they did one in Brighton a few summers ago. Maybe do a Google search and see if there's one closer? Unless, you are planning a holiday in Cardiff?

They had a tardis and two daleks on Eastbourne Seafront a couple of weeks ago. Didnt read about it in the local paper or anything, just happened to be driving along and we spotted it. as luck would have it Joshua was dressed as Matt Smith complete with sonic screwdriver so we got out and took loads of piccies. But there is some sort of exhibition in Worthing on 24 July, not just for Dr Who but for Superheros too.

Back