Drastic gains and losses???

Miss Mac

Gold Member
I have somehow managed to gain a stone and a half in 2 weeks off plan whilst I was on holiday!!

I went straight back onto TS 100% when I came back and in 4 DAYS have lost 1lb short of A STONE!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else has really drastic gains and losses when they have started eating again??

In order for me to lose the stone that quickly, I presume I must have been retaining water and that glyco thingy, but is that not a bit excessive?

I am obviously pleased I lost most of the gain so quick, but I am still a bit worried that its not right?

I am obviously going to have to factor this abnormality into my end goal weight to allow for the gain as soon as I eat!

What is the biggest gain you have had in a short time and if you had it whilst doing exante TS, how long to get it back off again?

:confused::confused::confused:

Hiya this seems to be the norm I put on ten pounds when I had a bad weekend it was awful but I lost it all when I went back on Exante in a week I'm not sure why but I wouldn't worry and be happy with the loss :)

A lot of that will be water weight, I would guess.

Realistically, you probably put on just over half a stone and the rest would have been water retention. That is why it went on so quickly and came off even quicker.

I've just lost 16lbs in my first week on Exante, but I'd guess that about 10lbs of that was water. I was a stone lighter by day 5.

I think it's like the reverse of week 1, your body is suddenly recreating the glycogen stores from the carbs. It takes 1 part carbs and 3 parts water to create the glycogen, so it really is a lot of water that your body is holding on to. In my week 1 I lost 13lbs, and I know last weekend when I ate some other stuff I'd probably put on about 7lbs just from a couple of days eating things, however it was all gone again in a couple of days too. I think that's one of the reasons they suggest a slow reintroduction to food, so that you gradually restore the glycogen stores but while continuing to lose some weight.

It is frustrating though, and quite demoralising when you see the scales ping.

Back