Dreaded 1lb!

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
it was my second weigh in this week and i lost 1lb. I know i should be pleased because it's a loss, but for my second week i expected more :( ive lost 5lbs in 2 weeks which i should be pleased as punch about but i cant help but fee;l disappointment, like it's guna take me forever to lose the weight! whats worse is in 2 weeks my boyfriend has lost 10lbs! and a couple of my friends are on diets too and they have lost 10+lbs in 3 weeks.

Next week will be better maybe

Sometimes that first week is a big shock to the body, and you did lose 4lbs in your first week. Could be that your body is reacting to you losing that amount. Stick with it, and you might find that your losses go back up next week and the following weeks.

If I could give you any advice, it would be to not judge your weight loss against anyone else's. Your OH will almost inevitably lose more/faster than you. It's just the way it is! And you're not on a "diet" either - you're on a healthy eating plan that will sustain you for the rest of your life! So stop comparing yourself to your friends as well!!

I've just restarted because I couldn't keep my head in it - was getting really frustrated by my really slow losses so rebelled and ate rubbish!! Trust in the plan - it will work.

Hi Becca Wecca - First of all :) Congratulations on loosing 5lbs :) - Thats fantastic!

We all loose weight very differently i've found - thru many years of trying - i tend to loose a lot first week then it really s-l-o-w-s down! Was my first week SW last week, and true to type, i lost 7lbs. Of course I was ecstatic, but i know that i'll loose much slower from now. You tend to find that in an average group of dieters, over a period of time their weight loss even outs. Some loose it quickly, then it slows down. Some loose it slow n steady, some loose, stay same for a while, then loose again! So try not to be disheartened coz you've done amazing!!!

As for your bloke loosing 10lbs well im afraid its a bit of killer, but men always loose faster than women. My last sw group i went to (doing it online this time) there were a record 7 men in the group. No woman ever won slimmer or the week as it always went to one of the blokes. Its just how it is. But keep at it - ur doing fantastic and my advice is not to compare your personal weight loss journey with anybody elses. Take care :party0011:

I know it is frustrating, but hopefully it will make you feel better that you are not alone. I am on a vlcd, where most people lose 10lb or more on their first week; I have lost 6. Most lose about 3lb a week on average after that I lost between 1 and 2. It seems so unfair when you have gone without and others have cheated and they still lose more than you. BUT as everyone has said, everyone is different so you should only compare yourself against you. If you have not put on weight that is a success, if you have lost any that is phenomenal. I weigh myself regularly (daily eek!!!) but try and compare myself month to month rather day to day or even than week to week. Fluid retention can really skew results over a short time, so monthly comparisons are best. When I feel low about losing slowly I try and think where I would have been if I had not been on plan - a good few pounds heavier and that gives me motivation to keep going - I am never going back to not caring about me, and thinking it's pointless. There is a point and the point is you. Take care.

Sometimes that first week is a big shock to the body, and you did lose 4lbs in your first week. Could be that your body is reacting to you losing that amount. Stick with it, and you might find that your losses go back up next week and the following weeks.

If I could give you any advice, it would be to not judge your weight loss against anyone else's. Your OH will almost inevitably lose more/faster than you. It's just the way it is! And you're not on a "diet" either - you're on a healthy eating plan that will sustain you for the rest of your life! So stop comparing yourself to your friends as well!!

I've just restarted because I couldn't keep my head in it - was getting really frustrated by my really slow losses so rebelled and ate rubbish!! Trust in the plan - it will work.

Hi there :). I must have been typing my post while you were doing yours, looks like we've both got very similar ideas/opinions about weight loss!

I see ur from Pudsey, Im over Cookridge/Horsforth way. Joined this forum couple weeks ago, am really enjoying it. Its very supportive :)

Back