Dreading WI tomorrow...

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Okay I've stuck to my points this week... using only 21 of my weeklies. But unfortunately it's my TOTM and I feel bloated and horrible and am dreading WI tomorrow. I am also on a week's worth of strong antibiotics too. Just not my week...

Anyone else's TOTM affect their WI?

It's my first since starting WW so not sure how much it will affect the scales! Just hope that it will come off double next week if i do put on! Might stick to my dailies and not use my weeklies much next week too... feel like as fun as it is to eat so much that I am actually eating too much lol

I never lose when it's my totm. I just finished today and started on my wi day on weds and got a sts. I'm
Dreading wi this week cos I am prob gonna sts again or even gain knowing my luck! Its so annoying cos I have stuck to my dailies and weeklies although this week has been particularly full of sugar due to my totm.

Aww I hope your weight loss is better hun at least there's a reason for it! And good in you for sticking to it though!!

Actually lost 0.5lb this week despite the TOTM and the antibiotics and the generally feeling crap lol. Going to stick to my dailies more and hope for a better loss next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My leader spoke two weeks ago about totm and if it effects weigh ins. She said no, all it effected was our thoughts and made its want to eat, not need to, I was convinced she was wrong. Then my totm came along and it actually turned out she was right. I just watched what I care for a change and distracted myself from wanting to eat everything in sight. And I lost 1 1/2lbs!!!!!!!!

hollyjayneratcliffe said:
My leader spoke two weeks ago about totm and if it effects weigh ins. She said no, all it effected was our thoughts and made its want to eat, not need to, I was convinced she was wrong. Then my totm came along and it actually turned out she was right. I just watched what I care for a change and distracted myself from wanting to eat everything in sight. And I lost 1 1/2lbs!!!!!!!!

That's wrong tho, as TOTM can and does effect some people, due to fluid retention :( your consultant shouldn't make such broad statements!!

Welshtigger said:
That's wrong tho, as TOTM can and does effect some people, due to fluid retention :( your consultant shouldn't make such broad statements!!

Agree! Even on CWP my weight went up 2lbs and i was eating 800 calories every day!

I always eat similar things, never the same, but similar and I always stays within my points when I can. However, when it's my TOTM week I *always* stay the same or put on slightly, independently by what I eat. I don't crave sugar and chocolate, and everything eat is really taken under control, not only with PP but also with Sparkpeople and other websites to check the balance of nutrients... so I don't believe that what your leader said is right, in your case it must be how your body works, or you might have had a larger meal the previous week or other reasons for having actually lost weight. Well done though ;)

Hmmm I wonder if it's something all the leaders are told because my old leader, before I moved, said that they had all been told at one of their leaders meetings that totm down not affect weight gain. She repeated this in the meeting and upset quite a few people. Personally I don't tend to do great at totm but lost 1 and 1/2lb this week when it was totm which was dead good! I don't know what is true. X

Becktoria79 said:
Hmmm I wonder if it's something all the leaders are told because my old leader, before I moved, said that they had all been told at one of their leaders meetings that totm down not affect weight gain. She repeated this in the meeting and upset quite a few people. Personally I don't tend to do great at totm but lost 1 and 1/2lb this week when it was totm which was dead good! I don't know what is true. X

I bloat up like a puffa fish and gain at least 2lbs for a couple if days so she's most defo wrong where I'm concerned...... I'm quite shocked if they've all been told that! :-(

Last edited:
that is coming from weightwatchers , i remember a week when it was about myths and it said in the book that TOTM doesn't make you put weight on.

i know my leader doesn't agree with this and neither do i, you swell up and retain excess water so you have to weigh heavier, unless you're lucky and don't swell up.
it's the same reason that you put weight on or STS when you are exercising hard as your body cushions the damaged muscles with water to protect them.

that is coming from weightwatchers , i remember a week when it was about myths and it said in the book that TOTM doesn't make you put weight on.

hang on hang on hang on... I think THIS is the answer. YES, definitely TOTM doesn't make you PUT WEIGHT ON. Here I think they're nitpicking on words and English. You don't put WEIGHT on, it's water retention, water that is needed for your cycle to function, not real weight, and the following week it's gone.

Hence yes, it is true, TOTM doesn't affect your weight loss, but it DOES affect the weight you see on the scales for a few days.

lol, well if you put it like that :D

Back