Dress Sizes

b_n_3003

Silver Member
obviously go up and down with weight gain and loss, and I know there is a clothes swap forum (what a cool idea) but for anyone who sews then there is this totally fab dress which is dead easy to make that can be tightened with the straps, or a bit of elastic in the waistband

it's called an 'infinity dress' and there is a free pattern and instructions, if anyone is interested I can let them have the link (or do a quick search engine) - they are happy for people to use free pattern but not to sell dresses they make using pattern or things like that

I've made a couple and they are ace in this weather, and only took about an hour to sew :) :) and fit my yo-yo diet figure

Nice! Wish I could sow. Have you got any pics of the ones you have made?

Im weirded out by sizings at the moment.... Does anyone else think that clothing sizes are coming up small? I ordered a pair of 3/4 linin trousers from ebay and do you think I can get in them!? No! But I have a pair of size 10 jeans from sainsburys and they fit like a glove, very weird.

Wow, just had a look using your link (thanks) and its a lovely dress. As you say just right for this weather and it looks very dressy.

Thats great dress! Thanks for the link...shall attempt this at the weekend.

George at Asda comes up quite big, I got a size 16 skirt yesterday, fits round the waist, just a bit tight on the hips, losing another couple of ponds should sort it. But the waist is 36"! (my bust was that before I had the boys!)
Always take your measurements and a tape measure.

Great link, thank you! I will see if I can hunt out some suitable fabric and give it a go when I get the time. I'm still a very amateur sewer, but it looks quite simple...I might be able to do it!

Mrs V - what fabric are you going to use?

My boyfriend mum always tells me that dress sizes are getting bigger and bigger. But that might be because she tells me she was a size 8 in her twenties, which would make her a size 6 in current money!

Back