Dress sizes

tara84

When I started on slim fast I was wearing size 18 jeans which fitted, weren't overly tight but were at the limit of fitting IYGWIM. But my hips were measuring 48" so bang on what most shops size charts show is a 20.
My hips are now measuring 45" so bang on the size chart for an 18 in most shops, but my 18's are falling off me, I don't have any 16's to try on but tried some of my size 14 work trousers on last night as going back after maternity/sick leave on Thursday. The 14's I can get them on and done up and can sit down comfortably in them they're just a tiny bit tight across the tops the thighs.
Can I officially say I'm a 16 now and update my goals even though I still measure as an 18?

id say if the 18s are to big and you fit the 16s then your a 16 despite what the measurements say

I havent ever gone by measurements as im different sizes in different shops so I always go by what fits, may just be my wierd body shape though lol I say if you in them then goal achieved!! Well done :)

Woohoo, will update my goals thank you, just wanted to check it wasn't wishful thinking on my part.

I've got a really odd shape, quite big boobs, tiny waist and massive hips, currently my boobs measure as a size 16, my waist a size 14 and my hips a size 18. I think it must be the spare material from round my waist being used up by my hips.

If you fit a 16, then you're a 16.
I haven't measured myself, but I'm now fitting into a 16 (and occasionally a 14 if I'm lucky!)

Back