• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Dress Sizes

Lou

Silver Member
What do you reckon a dress size drop equates to in pound losses.

I'm currently a comfortable size 16, but I'm going away clothes shopping with my Mum in 4 weeks time and would love to be buying size 14 clothes. If I continue to lose 3lbs a week between now and then, so a total of a stone, do you think I've got a chance?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
i think so yea! but everyones body is different!
They say 10lb in a dress size but i no myself its more over a stone!
Fingers crossed for ya tho! xx

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
I have dropped 3st 2lbs and have only dropped 1 jean size and 1 top size. Although i am on the verge of having to buy the next size down jeans and tops .... but others have lost the same and dropped more sizes.

I think it depends on yer body - i dont think there is a set guide like 1st = 1 dress size drop .... i wish though!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ChellyWellyBoot

I will be skinny again!!!
I dont have a clue chick lol!!

Its hard to catorgorize it as everyones body shapes are different and we all lose the weight from different parts of our bodies!

Cruiksl

Silver Member
Would be hard to say as you lose it in different places.

I've lost 2 stone and kind of dropped a couple of dress sizes.

I was a tight 18 on the bottom and in denial 20 on the top.

I'm now wearing size 14 jeans although I had to buy size 16 trousers today for a funeral. I'm wearing a size 18 fitted top (to allow for my boobs) but bought a size 16 cardigan today which fitted perfectly.

Hope you drop your dress size in the 4 weeks!

MiniB

Here we go again!
Hope you get to your size 14 in 4 weeks.

It took me about 3 stones to drop a size but since then the sizes seem to be dropping a lot quicker. Everyone's different but it goes to show that the inches really do come off you on this diet and at different rates.