Dressings?

SueL

Hi I was just wondering if anybody has any sort of low fat/low sugar dressing they have with their sole source plus meals. Not sure you are allowed, but I can't eat chicken etc without something. Do you think a light mayonnaise would be the best option, it's mainly eggs, so good on the protein front :) thanks!

I just have balsamic vinegar...
And use herbs and spices like cajun or season all.
I would think that no dressings are allowed but if there are any fat free ones and you only have a little one, it may be ok.

Because I keep hearing 80grams, that's like almost a whole bag of rocket salad leaves! Massive plate full, is this not right, I'm confused. :/

Yes it is right, contains mainly water that's why can have a lot of leaves and very low in carbs as well so won't knock you out of ketosis.

SueL said:
Hi I was just wondering if anybody has any sort of low fat/low sugar dressing they have with their sole source plus meals. Not sure you are allowed, but I can't eat chicken etc without something. Do you think a light mayonnaise would be the best option, it's mainly eggs, so good on the protein front :) thanks!

light mayo is higher in carbs then normal mayo. I'd steer clear of mayo and stick to low fat dressings. Balsamic is allowed x

you're supposed to have no more than a handful of salad/lettuce. I was putting salad cream light on my lettuce & oil last week, my CDC told me off. she said a little bit of vinigar is ok, but nothing else. I put alot of herbs on my chicken, which is lovely :)

I compared the carb count /sugar in my low fat dressing to balsamic and there wasn't much difference.

i love the honey and mustard very low fat one, can't quite recall the name of it... but i'll look in the fridge later, ive been having it on my prawns and rocket and leaves :)

SS+ is 30 g of salad or veggies from the list
Step 2 (810) is 45 g

I'm hearing all sorts. I have a book published jan 2011, mine says 2x15g for ss+. Others who have a September book say its 80g!! I've been quite confused!!

It has changed, and the 30g/45g are out of date. Don't know what it's changed to, though, cos I only have the old book.

It's 80g on both SS+ and 810 now.

Is it definitely 80g? I've been having 30g!!
Got my book in November '11 :)

I'm finding SS+ to be perfect for me just now, just on here looking for recipes when I saw this and got all excited! :p

Check the inside cover as it tells you when it was published. Sept 11 published definitely says 80g & I only got it 6 wks ago.

Back