Drinking lots of water is too much

How much water do you have to drink on Lipotrim?

Cambridge is 2.25L. Is LT much less than that?

The 2.25L or 4 pints of water = 8 glasses - is what you are supposed to drink every day anyway - just for bodily health!

Hey Linda
Are you glugging the water all at once or sipping & relieving through the day? It's a steady in & out you should be aiming for rather than knocking it back. If you're up for 12 hours, it's less than a glass an hour. Tea counts, so does coffee.

Does Tea and Coffee actually count in your 2.25litres per day? I was under the impression that it's 2.25litres of just plain water, with extra water for each bar or tetra that you eat.

I would think maybe tea would count ~ but i've always thought that coffee actually dehydrates you.

The best way with water is definately to drink it slowly and regularly throughout the day ~ then you don't overfill your bladder quickly requiring frequent and urgent trips to the loo. Also after a while your body does adjust to the :tear_drop::tear_drop: intake and the loo trips diminish ~ or at least that's my experience :)

Does Tea and Coffee actually count in your 2.25litres per day? I was under the impression that it's 2.25litres of just plain water, with extra water for each bar or tetra that you eat.

I would think maybe tea would count ~ but i've always thought that coffee actually dehydrates you.

The best way with water is definately to drink it slowly and regularly throughout the day ~ then you don't overfill your bladder quickly requiring frequent and urgent trips to the loo. Also after a while your body does adjust to the :tear_drop::tear_drop: intake and the loo trips diminish ~ or at least that's my experience :)

Well, there do appear to be varying opinions, and varying advice, but the SS section of the yellow book states on page 6:

You must also consume at least 2.25 litres of calorie-free liquid a day too. This is really important.
Your calorie free liquids can include:
plain water
black tea or coffee - no sugar (a tablet sweetener may be used)
herbal tea (from leaf, not fruit/flower)
zero calorie drinks (no more than 660ml/1pint)....
You should monitor regularly to ensure you remain in ketosis.
(Yellow book page 6)

The Pink (Sole Source) book spends a bit longer on the topic:
Allowable fluids
In order to strictly control the number of calories, the additional drinks must come from the following list:
tap water
bottled water - can be sparkling or still
black coffee - ordinary or decaffeinated - no sugar
black tea - no sugar
cambridge diet mixes (after two weeks)
other zero calorie drinks in moderation
Ideally, your extra fluids should be water, with cups of tea and coffee taken in addition. (my emphasis) You should drink your tea and coffe without milk or sugar, although you may use a calorie free sweetener. Use a tablet type sweetener, not the powdered kind that coems in a jar, cardboard pack or sachet.
Because both tea and coffee contain caffeine, it is advisable, whilst on the Diet, not to drink more than you normally do. But you should not cut down on your normal intake either, as this could lead to withdrawal headaches and edginess. (my emph)
Alcohol is strictly forbidden on the Cambridge Diet
(Pink book page 3)

Sorry for the big tracts, but I know some people don't have the books or have put them safely away. ;)

Personally, I need tea & coffee to function, but not being used to a huge fluid intake, could not manage to drink 4 pints of water in addition to my normal amount of tea. In fact, when I try to, I find it puts a strain on my system and interferes with my day to day activities to an unsustainable extent. If I were to cut out the tea, it would make me more than edgy!! The CD techies have no idea just how much tea the Irish drink ;). I think we drink more tea per capita than almost anywhere else.

In any case, all I actually meant to say was, in an ideal world, we'd be drinking our 2.25 + of pure water, but in an ideal world, wouldn't we be slender and unwrinkly and athletic as well?

I weighed myself at home this morn, unclothed, and compared to last Monday afternoon with clothes and shoes on I've gone down 12 lbs. I know this is not an accurte record but I'm sure I've lost 7 lbs anyway. I went out this morning without eating anything and felt really weak but since coming home I've eaten scrambled eggs, had coffee with a little milk and drunk 1/2 pint water. I feel energised. Until I get medical help with the bladder control neither Lipotrim of Cambridge are for me at mo. I must say I didn't feel hungry just weak.

Hiya...i know exactly what you mean about the urgency for the loo but to be honest i found that as the weeks went on my bladder seemed to get used to the increased water intake and i needed to go lsee, i just make sure when i go out that i know places i can go for a loo break...even if it means goin into a pub and getting a glass of water or even being really cheeky and getting sum1 im with to look at the menu while i dash to the loo lolol

Hi - I found that the opposite happened ... I'd had some bladder weakness for years but when I started drinking more it just disappeared (saved money not needing Tena any more!)

Just to clarify, coffee dehydrating you is a myth. While coffee does have mild diuretic properties, the effect is less than you take in per cup. At most you'd lose a couple of teaspoons from every mug you drink.

HTH

Shel

JUst thought I'd mention that those of us on LL have to drink a minimum of 4 litres a day, and that does not include tea or coffee. Its jusr plain water, wheher fizzy, still or tap!

As I understand it 5litres is the optimum for a good weight loss. HTH!! Best of luck with the glugging!

Just to clarify, coffee dehydrating you is a myth. While coffee does have mild diuretic properties, the effect is less than you take in per cup. At most you'd lose a couple of teaspoons from every mug you drink.

HTH

Shel

Nice one Shell ~ thks for that

Also, Dub 07 ~ thks for clearing that one up ~ I should dig out my books again and have a good read, especially as i'm now moving into maintenance I need to be clear about what you can / can not have /do

Domino :)
I visualise it when I'm feeling lazy or unthirsty.

A little foamy pond (kidneys) with a stream running alongside. If I dont keep the stream flowing with liquid of a lesser concentration (osmosis don'tcha know) I'll only end up with back-ache and being sick, if not more seriously ill.

I'm not actually as flippant about it as I may come across, but I don't actually worship at the great H2O altar either. Having been brought up that adequate was never sufficient, I tend to check out things before I buy into them.

Back