Drinking too much too soon??

princesspink

Hello!

Have recently re-started cambridge diet and I am on day 4 today! Have found the diet great so far but today I started drinking my first 2 litres early and within an hour and a half I had finished the bottle! I started feeling ill and my stomach was grumbelig really bad, my stomach felt like it does when you take a laxertive......then I had.....(sorry for grossing you all out!!) the runs really really bad.....this has happened about 3 times!!! I feel ok now but I am scared to drink the rest of my water!!
Has anyone else had this??
I did have something similar before but nothing this bad?:eek:

PP.xx

The water id flushing you out getting rid of toxins, and on top of that you are not having food. I think most people go through this. I did. Keep drinking plenty of water as this will help speed up your loss x

I think you need to spread your water out through the day. 2 litres in an hour and a half seems a lot to me.

I do drink a lot of water but it has never had that effect on me. Perhaps those who have been on the plan for longer can give more advice as I have only been on it for 3 weeks

Hey I had a similar problem, apparently its due to your body detoxifying. Not everyone has it, it can depend on a number of things, especially what you ate before you started SSing- the amount of toxins in your system will have side effects and that is one of them. It should pass over the next day or so xxx

no probs, just don't drink it so quick! LOL, although I am a sod for that too, i think I will get this down and I won't have to bother later, but then I am downing 5 litres a day! I hope you get to where you want for your wedding day! Not long to go !

awww thanks for the help guys!
Janice,I do exactly that! I try and get all my water over and done with too quick! hee hee. My wedding is soooooo soon now! My diet is going well, I only have about 2 1/2 stones to loose so hopefully I can do that is I have a nice big loss this frist week! I brought my dress when I lost weight before :eek: so the pressure is on to lose it all again! My dress has a corset back so it will fit my now but I want to look perfect on my big day!:p
Thanks for all the support!
PP.x

Hiya..

I had exactly the same problem...unfortunately for the first three weeks. I am now in week 5 and haven't had that problem for a couple fo weeks now. It is terrible...I couldn't go out...it came on so quick! :eek: Lol! Stick with it, it has passed for me so I am sure it will for you.

x x x x

You go for it! I know you can do it...and you have a great day to focus on to get there.

Well done on your first weigh in....you are on your way!

Ah....just seen you have re-started so probably haven't had your first weigh in yet!! Sorry!

I'll change it to....good luck on your first weigh in!

I'm doing well....I have lost 16lbs in four weeks and I am chuffed with that. Only 54lbs to go now!

I have really got into the swing of CD and really enjoy it now. I can now drink 6 litres of water a day no problem.

I did find the first few weeks a struggle, but now I feel as though I am sailing through.

Stick with it....you'll get the results you want x x

Hey Laura!

Wow that is a fantastic weight loss!!!! Glad you are doing soooo well! I hope I can do the diet as well as you.....so far so good!
Oh my gosh! 6 litres a day!!!! how do you manage that??? I struggle but make myself drink 4 litres a day and I though that was a lot?? Do you swig all day or have time limits by when you should be finished each bottle?? I'm amazed!
Anyway keep up the good work hun, we can keep each other going!!

PP.xx:p :p

Hey princesspink,

I just thought I'd chip in, I doubt it was how quickly you drank the water. For a few people this seems to be a day 3/4 thing. I always get the runs for a day and then I'm fine.

Drink as much water as you want, your stomach should have settled down now.

Good luck with your weight-loss hun xx

Back