Drinking water on Slim and Save

Dolls&Pins

So I know that a lot of people find it difficult to drink the amount of water needed on the diet but I finding it the opposite. I find that water is what keeps the hunger and cravings away, I am drinking around 4l to 5l a water a day, could this a effect my weight loss in a negative way?

I was the same, eased off after a week or two. Try not to drink more than 4L, it could cause water retention and also knock your mineral balance off, making you feel rubbish.

I tend to stick to 5 x 500ml bottles a day, not including my shakes and Tea

I was the same, eased off after a week or two. Try not to drink more than 4L, it could cause water retention and also knock your mineral balance off, making you feel rubbish.

I will assume all of us are different as I cut back to 3-4L water a day for 2wks (plus the extra water in meals & coffee) & only lost 3lb total, went back to 4.5L a day (plus the extra water in meals & coffee) & am back to 4lb a week losses & feeling fresher & more alert.

Whilst too much water can be bad, that amount might not be too much for you. I work on my feet and am rather warm all day so I feel like more water is required, so it does depends on the person, activity level, heat and more

Also, some vlcds advised more like 4L a day before, until a woman died from drinking too much if anyone heard this? She downed the water in one go which I'm sure not many people are doing, but I think the vlcd people were worried to advise drinking larger amounts because of this

She died because she drank it all together, she hadn't spaced it throughout the day. I guess it really does depend on the person, I didn't think I was drinking enough so I filled a jug with 3 litres and took it out whenever I had anything - coffee, shake, meal, cold water - I ran out mid afternoon, so whilst I was thinking I wasn't quite doing 2 litres, I'm actually doing around 4 per day.

I remember that! I was doing CD at the time & recall everyone who knew i was doing it who were negative making a point of showing me to put me off vlcd's.

I cant imagine anyone trying to drink a days allowance in one go thats beyond crazy!

Will say I feel much better having that extra 0.5L and as long as i'm not struggling to drink X amount i will keep going, I dont panic if i only have say 3.5L in any day.... whatever the individual is comfy with i guess :)

She was on LL, they told us all about it at the first meeting, also the girl who had heart failure on LL, she had an underlying heart condition that hadn't been diagnosed - funny how everything gets related back to be the vlcd's fault though.

Because people like to knock things they dont understand/agree with..... usually the same people that blame obesity for most things too! guess we are damned eitherway :8855:

yep, it was Lighterlife and they are very strict about doctor check ups and everything and they did advise 3-4L of water a day until this happened and since then they said 2-3L of water -but my counsellor suggested to try for more than 3L *off the record*

I drank 5 to 6 litres of water when I was on the diet. I was always a big water drinker though. I think the important thing is to drink to thirst and spread it through the day.

Back