Driving tests - how many attempts?

I passed my driving test on my 4th go - there's no shame in failing it as you can be failed for something quite trivial sometimes. My sister passed on her second go, but the examiner actually had to think about whether or not to pass her. The reason? She stopped at the lights which very suddenly changed to red - he said he would have carried on through! I know most would have continued if safe to do so like the examiner but my sister was simply following what she had been taught!

Learning to drive itself is a nightmare, but it's so worth it once you're qualified.

When I first did my driving test there was no theory test, and I passed the practical bit first time.

Ten years later I learned how to ride a motorcycle, did the theory test (passed first time) and passed the practical on my second attempt.

Within a year, I had had a head-on collision with a lorry (combined speed over 100mph!!) and then got done for dangerous driving (speeding VERY fast) and got banned and licence taken away.

So fast forward a bit more and I retook my theory test late last year and got 100%.

And today I passed my practical test at first attempt again :)
And that is despite nudging the kurb when I was reverse parking AND trying to pull away from the side of the road whilst in neutral lol.

I was convinced that as I had to do the extended test I would fail no matter what but obviously I was wrong.

Best of luck :)

Back