Dry Body Brushing

LadyB

Silver Member
Hello Everyone!!!

I just wanted to ask if anyone else does this???

I swear by it for smoothing my cellulite and improving the appreance of my skin after all this loss!!!!

Basically I take a VERY STIFF natural bristle brush and use sweeping upward strokes around my problem area's (from legs knee up, bum and tum). It really has improved the appearence of any cellulite and the harder you can brush your skin - the better!!

I think it just improved the circulation - so I tend to do it everyday after a shower and then rub lots of cream in!!!

I just thought I would share this with you!!! You can use the technique all over your body (always brush towards your heart) and it is a million times better than any lotions or potions I have used before. An Elemis therapist explained the procedure to me, and said it is the best low cost thing she has ever tried for her lumpy area's!!!!

Does anyone else do it???

Bethan x

I have heard good things about this, and I am going to start incorporating it into my routine. It is also supposed to help with the skin elasticity, and help skin shrink. It's also good for drainage of the lymphatic system. Here is some more info:

Lymph Drainage with Dry Skin Brushing

Hi Crimson,

Thanks so much for the extra infomation!!

I wish I had started this when I started the diet!!! I have been doing it for the last four weeks - when my skin went through a little wobble and it did help to shrink my skin back to the state is was before!!!

Let me know how you get on with it...............

Bx

Me! I've done it for years. I'm a beauty therapist so have seen the benefits on so many clients....
The best brush I have found is the Espa cactus bristle brush. I think they're about £10 - £15?
I slather on a good firming moisturiser afterwards. Best time to do it is after a hot bath or shower when your pores are open. x

Me! I've done it for years. I'm a beauty therapist so have seen the benefits on so many clients....
The best brush I have found is the Espa cactus bristle brush. I think they're about £10 - £15?
I slather on a good firming moisturiser afterwards. Best time to do it is after a hot bath or shower when your pores are open. x

Thanks for this, I always thought the best time was to dry brush before a shower, its what ive always done!

Do you use it before or after the shower? I found this page on the ESPA brush, is that the one ZoBo? ESPA Shop | Skin Brush

And also, what kind of firming moisturizers do you use?

I did use Ayurvedic gloves for dry brushing before the shower. They felt good, but I didn't really stick it out long enough to see results :D.

OOO Thanks for the tip ladies have heard about dry body brushing but havn't thought about doing it whilst doing CD! *off to buy brush now* :)

Thanks for the great info everyone, I have been a sporadic body brusher but this has made me determined to make it routine!!

Well - I got my neighbour to view my bum and thighs on Sunday - just to see if the brushing is working!

She is a real gym bunny, and she said my thighs and bum look better than hers!!

It really does work ladies!!!

Asa - I seem to go through so many tubs of cream, I just buy anything that smells nice and is for very dry skin - so it rehydrates it!!! Coco butter is always good - but the smell is really strong, and people at work started to complain. ah ah

What do other people use???

So this dry brushing thing really works? Looks like I'll give it a go then. With this, and the cocoa butter, you'll have me buying manbags next, sheesh

ha ha!!! Well I don't think we will get you painting your nails!!! ha ha.

Yes dry body brushing really works - and the rewards are well worth it!! Make sure you buy a good quality brush!

I started this post, as I know so many people are worried about their skin - and this really works - so I wanted everyone to know!!!

ha ha

Hello LadyB

Your post is just what I needed. I bought an Elemis brush from QVC last Christmas and have never used it - just another decoration for the bathroom so far. Dry body brushing regime starts tommorow- no more excuses!

Thanks! I've tried it a few times but been to lazy to make it a routine. I think am going to have to now, though, anything to help!!

Back