Dry Skin Patches on Face & Neck - VCLD

vanessas

Hello everyone!
New on here and on the CWD Sole Source plan.

So Im 8 days in and have developed red dry flakey patches on my face - around my mouth, nose,chin, neck and where my earlobes join my head.

I feel ok otherwise but am wondering if this is diet related? i know we're meant to be getting all of the nutrients but as there is no fat in this regime Im wondering if the VCLD is to blame?

Theres no itchiness but its really unsightly and I actually have pily skin normally. Its no where else on my body so Im at a loss.

Has anyone else experience this?

Plus Im dying to visit the Toby Carvery around the corner!!

I haven't heard about this before - but perhaps you are allergic to one of the ingredients in the packs? I would pop to see the doctor if I were you just to be safe.

It may be totally unrelated but you're right. Ill see what they say. I hope it doesn't get any worse though!
Thanks x

Hello there. I have needed much more face cream, body lotion and hand cream than usual - so also recommend you use whatever you were using before the diet or something like the simple range.

Let us know how you get on,

Ali

Hi all it's a sign of dehydration when your body produces ketones it also dehydrates you !! You need to be drinking more fluid and using loads of moisturiser :)

Thanks Nikki. I have been drinking 3-4l of water a day.

I think it may be my skin just settling down to the new regime. Its probably in shock now its not getting any sugar or fat! lol

Ive found a good moisturiser which seems to be helping loads :)

I've had to up my water to about 6 litres as my mouth and skin is that dry at times !! Glad you have found a solution :)

Back