Dry Skin

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by tommee2004, 2 March 2007 Social URL.

1. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    i started LL on the 7th Feb, and have started to notice dry skin on the back of my hands and knuckles. Anyone else have this problem - do you think its related to LL?

I've never had this before!!

Its not gonna stop me/put me off, but just curious!! :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jane

jane Opinionated

yes my hands are v dry.I'm on CD.Also my calves.Hair is ok.(so far)was afraid that too would go dry.
    Is ita big problem or can you deal with it using creams?
  4. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

someone else mentioned this last week...
  5. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

dryness here too
  6. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I was the opposite-my very dry skin got much better on LL and the same is happening on CD :)My eczema isn't bothering me at all now :)
  7. jane

jane Opinionated

that must be a relief polish -rose.i can imagine having the distraction of eczema a real bind ontop of every thing else
  8. pokerstar

pokerstar Full Member

Cambridge diet

I've always had dry skin but when i started LL i started smothering myself in moisturises to keep my skin a fighting chance to shrink back so i'm not left with saggy skin afterwards. Anyway because i do this every night before bed my skin is lovely and soft especially my hands.

Hope this helps
    Christina x
  9. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Yep, I got incredibly dry skin on my hands which is unlike me- been using handcream but I find that rubbing in my Dove firming lotion in every day is doing the trick for my hands too!
  10. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life

Its not bothering me at all, so I'm not using any creams, but might pop to Boots tomorrow to see what I can pick up.

thought it would be interesting to see if it was LL related :)
  11. Vorlina

Vorlina Full Member

Yup, I've got this too, although I have found that as I go through the programme (currently on day 40) it has gone away a lot.
  12. Joolz

Joolz Nomad staying slim

Lighter Life
    Try and moisturise your skin as much as possible - it will help - I always keep some hand cream with me in my bag and moisturise my body night and morning. It will help with the skin's texture as you shrink. Also, make sure you drink enough WATER - it is so vital on this diet and will help with the hydration of your skin too. If you don't drink enough the water you consume goes to looking after the important stuff like internal organs etc, and the skin is the last to get it (so my LLC said).
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.