Dry Skin

0mega

I don't know if this is a coincidence or if its just because of the weather recently but recently whilst I've been on the diet my skin has started to feel really dry. It felt really good at the beginning with all the water but recently its gone dry, has anyone else experience anything similar?

Yes - in the first few days of CD I did find my skin was dry and flaky, but now it's back in good nick. I wonder if your skin becomes a little more sensitive to the weather on CD because you aren't putting a lot of unnecessary stuff in your body, so it reacts more to the changes in environment:confused: Just a thought. I am lathering on the Cocoa butter at the moment anyway - don't want stretch mark when my 7 chins start to disappear :D

Haha funny enough I've started to use cocoa butter too, but I know nothing about these products, is ok to use a moisturiser and use on your face?

You maybe right about the weather, I definitely feel the cold more now! I'm always freezing these days which is not like me at all.

Ketosis sure makes you feel the cold! Seems like a waste of time losing weight when you are wearing three jumpers and look like Michelin man anyway HAHAHA!:D
Yes - cocoa butter is fine for your face - but mix only a little of it with your usual moisturiser if you are prone to oily skin. I might be wrong, but I think they do a face formula one now too - I might hunt that out.

The freezing is the ketosis, I actually quite like being cold - it's reassuring. As for the dry skin, I use Bio Oil, and swear by it. You can put it on your face because it sinks in really well without being too greasy.

Bio oil is MAGIC. I am sure it is made from unicorn tail hair or phoenix feathers. It's managed to shrink a large keloid scar of mine to a virtually invisible size. If only it shrank my butt as effectively :rolleyes:

Yes your right about the freezing, I should look at in a positive light! As long I'm cold I know I'm losing weight!

I better write all this down, bio oil sounds like a must have!

My knuckles have became really dry in last couple of days. Never had problems with dry skin before

Bio oil is MAGIC. I am sure it is made from unicorn tail hair or phoenix feathers. It's managed to shrink a large keloid scar of mine to a virtually invisible size. If only it shrank my butt as effectively :rolleyes:

I think it's the hen's teeth and rocking horse poo that are the magical ingredients lol. I love the stuff, I spend a fortune on it. A friend of mine gets it on prescription for her skin condition, so every now and then she'll get me a bottle for free.

For butt shrinking (well.....firming) cream Soap and Glory The Firminator is amazing. It makes your skin tingly and really does firm everything up. I've been using it on my bingos and they seem a lot tighter.

My knuckles have became really dry in last couple of days. Never had problems with dry skin before

The Dove handcream in the burgundy tube is fab for dry hands. Mine are really dry from having to wash them every 2 seconds at work, so I use that or Soap and Glory Hand Food, both smell gorge!

The Dove handcream in the burgundy tube is fab for dry hands. Mine are really dry from having to wash them every 2 seconds at work, so I use that or Soap and Glory Hand Food, both smell gorge!

Thanks you reminded me that have a huge soap and glory hatbox that havnt opened yet. Will go and have a rumage through it

I've found Dream Cream from Lush really helps with dry skin.

My skin was wonderful for the first 4 weeks on CD then it went dry and has strayed dry and nothing I put on it helps at all. It's been like this since November and I have tried everything from Clinique creams to bio oil and it's still dry and awful.
Maybe I shall try the Lush cream next as I haven't tried any of their range.
Anyone with any other bright ideas please let me know. All my life I have had oily skin and I just don't know what to do with it.

Maybe I shall try the Lush cream next as I haven't tried any of their range.
Anyone with any other bright ideas please let me know. All my life I have had oily skin and I just don't know what to do with it.

The Dream Cream is the only Lush cream l've tried, online someone mentioned it helped dry skin & psoarisis, which l have on my arm & neck, l must say it's helped it a lot. It costs £9.85

Back