Dry tongue and white? Anyone else?

Maybabe

Hi just wondering if this is side effect from Exante. My tongue is so dry and there is a white coating on it,has anyone else noticed this while doing Exante?

Just want to check before i waste the doctors time.:D

I'm on day 2 and I've had a really dry mouth and lips today - only done 2 lutes of water though so that could be why do you think? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeh I get it. I find a Tongue scraper helps :) xx

skinny_wannabe82 said:
I'm on day 2 and I've had a really dry mouth and lips today - only done 2 lutes of water though so that could be why do you think? x

You both need to drink much more water. The tongue coating is normal, in America they all use tongue scrapers and the clean the tongue every time they clean their teeth. I don't think there is anything wrong but almost everything gets better on Exante with more water. Try some green tea, buy a big mug, try flashy San Pellagrino anything but get at least another litre of water down today.

GSQ

I have my water bottle in my hand!! Thanks GSQ :)

I clean my tongue with the back of the toothbrush every time cos of my new 'furry' tongue :)

I've been doing that too nursetubs, I miss my chewing gum so been brushing my teeth during the day! :)

I used to chew wrigleys Extra gum while doing the CD but I haven't on here as they are a definite no-no.

I use Listerine breath strips, but they are only available online. I get mine on ebay.

Oooh thanks for the tip, that sounds ideal! x

I've suffered with a coated tongue for years and it only gets worse with VLCDs. I always use a tongue scraper every time I brush my teeth. The other thing I found really helps is eating probiotic yogurt. So I put a desertspoonful of fat free Rachel's yogurt into the fruit flavour shakes. - It is disgusting with vanilla or chocolate though. If you aren't following Total Solution, it might help to try that. The calories are negligible.

I also keep a glass of water on my bedside table, because I wake in the night with a tongue like dried out cardboard on this diet.

It's all to do with your natural flora, you would be much better buying probiotics from health food shop rather than the yogurts x

Back